Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any skinny guys that have been successful in bulking up?

• 03-04-2015 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi i am starting a bulking up plan and i am just finding the diet plan really hard and it's only my third day! I am constantly feeling sick and heavy and its really effecting my mood too because all i am eating is brown rice brown pasta and chicken every day do you know how i can spice up my meals or other meals? I cook 2days dinners then microwave them as i need them but they are so dry after doing that and even harder to eat so ive been mixing in a bit of red pesto.I am taking On serious mass but only one scop at a time because two is way too much has anyone used this? does it work or should i just use a whey protein shake and add peanut butter ect for more calories

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Rice and chicken is a bodybuilders cutting diet. Add way more starchy veg to your diet. More meat. And a lot more food that doesn't make you feel full for the amount of calories it has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

You don't need to make yourself sick from eating. Gradually increase your food intake and watch the scale each week aiming for slow gains ie 1-2lbs a week.

You don't have to eat totally 'clean' if you're bulking either. Rice and chicken is a good starting point, but if calories are hard to get, start eating some junk aswell. 3000cals is alot easier to reach with cheeseburgers and milkshakes than rice and chicken.

You've only been doing this for 3 days so don't expect any noticeable progress for the next few months at least. Just focus on eating more, lifting more and weighing more. Do this for at least 12 months and then re-assess.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Todd Toddington III

Try a shake with 250ml milk, 1 scoop protein powder, 4 scoops of porridge, 1 large tablespoon of peanut butter and some water in a blender. 600ish calories right there. Two of these a day and you'll hit your calorie surplus a lot easier than eating big meals. Big bowl of porridge for breakie too will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Darrenon91

That shake was exactly what helped me put on 8kg when I was trying to gain weight and muscle. Doesnt make you feel as full and as mentioned 600 calories + and it tastes REALLY good aswel. Get some yogurt in there aswel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Try a shake with 250ml milk, 1 scoop protein powder, 4 scoops of porridge, 1 large tablespoon of peanut butter and some water in a blender.

Sounds interesting! Just wondering how well does it keep if say you made it up in the morning and then had it a few hours later for a mid morning / afternoon snack? Or would it go all clumpy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Sounds interesting! Just wondering how well does it keep if say you made it up in the morning and then had it a few hours later for a mid morning / afternoon snack? Or would it go all clumpy?

I've started making two every morning. I have one when I get to work. I have the other after the gym. That's about 10 hours after I make it. You'll just have to make sure you have a bit more milk in it. Make sure to give it a good shake up as well before you open it. Keep it in a cool place as well. I leave mine in my bag.

Buy a hand blender from Argos. It's a bargain - about €15.

I try to eat as much solid food as possible during the day but I've work to do when I get home so it's easier having one of those shakes ready to go. Kills the hunger after a workout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

took about 4 years of hard weight training but I got there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

guile4582 wrote: »
    took about 4 years of hard weight training but I got there

What was your start point and where are you now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

I was around 70kgs, skinny but unhealthy if you know what I mean. Thin with a belly they call it haha

I am now 87kgs with a 43 inch chest, and added muscle everywhere. Stocky and strong now

I eat a lot of food now, but good food, only supps i take are protein powder and creatine

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Todd Toddington III

EmptyTree wrote:

Lasts all day for me anyway. Keep it in a fridge if possible! Else leave out the milk and use just water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Along with 4 meals a day I also have 2 shakes made up of:

150g oats
    50g Cashew Nuts
    50g protein powder
    2 tblsp Olive Oil

I blend all this with water.
    Approx 850 calories in each shake.

I have a post workout drink made up of
    50g oats
    25g protein powder