Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No decent submission finishers anymore

• 03-04-2015 2:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41

Hasn't been a good one that looked painful since Angle's Anklelock (robbed by Swagger) or Takers Triangle Choke, Lesnar hasn't done the Kimura in ages.

Cena "lets just lie on your back & cross my hands" looks pathetic.
    Jericho's looked like something until a poor seller would just bend their knees.
    Wasn't Punk's Anaconda Vice just a Crippler Crossface.

They need to bring back some meaning to the figure four & not just have it as a rest hold or be "amazed" when they reach the ropes.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I couldn't agree more.

It pains me to see the current Walls Of Jericho, the one in wcw legitimately looked like it would really hurt.

Nothing comes close to The Rocks sharpshooter though, my 12yr old son would make it look more painful.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sting's submission attempt at 'Mania didn't look right at all.

Rusev is the only one taken seriously at the moment, but Cena breaking out of it could spell the beginning of the end there. Hopefully not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Yea feels like there are scarce few wins by tapout these days. I was really hoping HHH would tap to sting at mania.

Feels like they're afraid to let the big names be seen to getting submitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

The super camel clutch should be banned (along with the overdrive and jumping complete shot) as a finisher. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Watch the female division in NXT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think it's a pity Sheamus has only used the Texas Cloverleaf less than a handful of times. That's a great move.

What I'd really love though is if Lesnar brought back the Brock Lock. That thing made me wince when it was applied.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Hasn't been a good one that looked painful since Angle's Anklelock (robbed by Swagger) or Takers Triangle Choke, Lesnar hasn't done the Kimura in ages.

Cena "lets just lie on your back & cross my hands" looks pathetic.
    Jericho's looked like something until a poor seller would just bend their knees.
    Wasn't Punk's Anaconda Vice just a Crippler Crossface.

They need to bring back some meaning to the figure four & not just have it as a rest hold or be "amazed" when they reach the ropes.

20131022_Shamrock3_642.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Daniel Bryan ? Not like he used his submission to win the main event of Wrestlemania last year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Daniel Bryan ? Not like he used his submission to win the main event of Wrestlemania last year

Has he used it since?

Advertisement