Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splatoon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

That probably because i jump from game to game i dont continue on in the same game as i think its quicker to start afresh. Ill stay in the same game if you wana join, no boardsies seem to be online atm tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

That probably because i jump from game to game i dont continue on in the same game as i think its quicker to start afresh. Ill stay in the same game if you wana join, no boardsies seem to be online atm tho.
    I though it was you sorry, I'm trying to join you now!

iamtony wrote: »
    I though it was you sorry, I'm trying to join you now!

Although your probably level 30 or something ridiculous at this stage:-)

On another note I reached level 10 in the squid jump mini game:-)

I see ya :)

• Advertisement

I see ya :)

Level 16 I wasn't far off!

Level 16 I wasn't far off!

Think I'm holding you back! I just quit to try ranked battle as I just made level 10!

Think I'm holding you back! I just quit to try ranked battle as I just made level 10!

You're not holding me back man, happy to play with a fellow boardsie , cmon back!

You're not holding me back man, happy to play with a fellow boardsie , cmon back!

Be back in a few of your still their, although not for long the missus is finished work at 10ish and then the telly is hers:-(

had a connection error man :/

• Advertisement

had a connection error man :/

Me too the other half is watching me play with an upside down smile so best I get off anyway see ya soon!

ha no worries man, see ya

I like the way it mixing things up, one minute were on the same team and the next were not, it's more interesting that way.

Happy splatoonong people!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

That time they switch levels is when I'm getting the most "waiting for other players"...kind of annoying when I'm left waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Any time I try to join someone from my friends list it makes me wait 3 minutes then doesn't match me with them at all!

ive had 3 commuication errors tonight :/

smokingman wrote: »
    That time they switch levels is when I'm getting the most "waiting for other players"...kind of annoying when I'm left waiting

probably my fault again, i dont know if people are joining me or not i jump from game to game coz it quicker then waiting. sorry!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ive had 3 commuication errors tonight :/

I had a few myself, thinking it must be a Ninty thing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Had a bad match in the skate park with ink not appearing when spraying which made manoeuvring through the other team's ink bad. And it wasn't just me having the issues. Saw the other team shooting my teammate with a charger and they wouldn't splat. But the shooter splatted when I shot them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

After buying the game today I had intended to get stuck into some online play. Thought I'll just give the single player a blast to get the controls memorised... 4+ hours later, it's 3am and I'm still chasing fecking scrolls and light-bulb guppys. Jaysus this is a great wee game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Last night was the first time the connection drops were a thing for me. 4 games out of about 15 were disconnects. Worse still, it looks like they go down as losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just noticed another wee thing yesterday I smiled at. When changing between shops using L and R it's done like the room being brought in suddenly and the characters trying to keep their balance

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ok after a few hours of playing Splatoon is real good fun. It just lacks a bit of content still unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just finished the 1-P and that is singularly the best final boss I've encountered in donkeys years!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

smokingman wrote: »
    Just finished the 1-P and that is singularly the best final boss I've encountered in donkeys years!

It kinda disappointed me, I was waiting for the button prompts to appear to further the fight cinematic but....nothing....just gameplay!

Did Nintendo really try to release a game with a finale that doesn't consist of a series of QTE's? Madness!

I haven't finished 1p yet so trying to avoid spoilers about that final boos as he is supposed to be epic.

Am I the only one playing at night that thinks that, when the 11pm Callie and Marie update hits the screen, you really should be turning it off as its a work night :-D

And then you disregard that stupid idea and keep on playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I just relised the sisters Callie and Marie its Calamari ... Yeah I'm a bit slow.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I just relised the sisters Callie and Marie its Calamari ... Yeah I'm a bit slow.

Oh god that is epic. Well played Nintendo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

McLoughlin wrote: »

I'm sure there are loads that only realised that upon reading your post.

... myself included!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

How about the name of the shopping area, Booyah Base - sounds like Bouillabaisse, which is a fish stew.

Never mind a lot of the weapon names and shopkeeper names (like Crusty Sean the crustacean). The game is riddled with fishy puns :)

Advertisement