Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splatoon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Killer Wail. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Wasn't the original presentation given by a Dr Seth O'LaPod or something like that? (Cephalopod)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I need to reexamine every word used in this game. Puns everywhere. How did I miss Killer Wail!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm just creeping this thread now to see how the game progresses after the Launch Hype

tumblr_ls8ssxKhGY1qis6pso9_1280.jpg

Also for the fishy puns :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Also, check out mah new avatar - first new one in five years :D

My relationship with Mr. E just got weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How you doin'?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Mr E wrote: »
    How you doin'?

This can only end one way!

get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi3.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Foriginal%2F000%2F976%2F149%2F178.jpg&key=4ZpEfUg1eU3h9k_maWPxQg&w=600&h=692

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Yeah, is it me or has it just got orcaward in here...

Yeah, that comic left me feeling emotionally disturbot.

Here we go. Salmon else leave a sensible comment quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

James74 wrote: »
    Here we go. Salmon else leave a sensible comment quick.

Yeah, these fish puns are getting a bit ridiculous, there is a time and a plaice for them tbh. Just try to tuna them out, and hopefully a Mod will drop by to trout the trouble makers.

On a serious point, the first of the Splatoon Splatfests is approaching, 13th -14th June for the Japanese one in the trailer below and ours will be on the 27th and 28th. You have to pick one of 2 sides, with Seas Shells on offer for a reward. (can be given to Spike to add ability slots to clothing).

Japan has Bread vs Rice
    America is Cat vs Dog
    We get Rock vs Pop if I remember right.

Dug around and a fair few pics of potential future maps. Already know 2 of those from the single player will be in (Bluefin Depot and Kelp Dome), but some interesting stuff poping up in that trailer:

fhPNTiq.jpg
    A series of skyscrapers

1433926800872.jpg
    Called Camp Triggerfish apparently.

:EDIT:

Scratch that, new map (Kelp Dome) tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/608584191995965440/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I like how if you stare at Cali and Marie through the window using 'ZR', they'll wave at you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I need to be able to skip that intro, if I hear "Stay Fresh" from a couple of squid once more I'll go bananas!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

These fish puns are krilling me.

Well then stop carping on about it, get involved... don't be koi.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

We'll probably get that other single player map as well. The oil rig type one. Would be tough going in parts with all the grids

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Man I was hooked playing last night. I cant remember the last time I didn't rage at losing a matchmaking game. It's just so much fun whether you win or lose. I was only going to play 2/3 games then realized I had almost played 2 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

It's the edge of you seat close games that get's me every time. Where you don't know who has won until the cat has called it!

This has to be my favourite multiplayer game of the last 5 years! Just pure fun!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's the edge of you seat close games that get's me every time. Where you don't know who has won until the cat has called it!

This has to be my favourite multiplayer game of the last 5 years! Just pure fun!

My son is doing better at it than I am.
    But it is a remarkable game, astonishing how solid it feels.
    Have any other consoles had similar titles?
    Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare, although that seems to be Battlefield for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My son is doing better at it than I am.
    But it is a remarkable game, astonishing how solid it feels.
    Have any other consoles had similar titles?
    Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare, although that seems to be Battlefield for kids.
    Plants vs zombies is good but gets a bit boring after a while this can definitely hold my attention for longer.

• Advertisement

I think it's kind of beneficial that there's no voice chat now to be perfectly honest, as it means that you can play with anyone from anywhere, with no language barrier.

Star Lord wrote: »
    I think it's kind of beneficial that there's no voice chat now to be perfectly honest, as it means that you can play with anyone from anywhere, with no language barrier.

That's not strictly true - Played my first two Ranked Battles, and got teamed with what looked like a German name. I'd have loved the opportunity to scream NICHT PAINTEN DAS OIL RIG! GEGEN SIE AUF DEM SPLATZONE! I'm sure they'd have gotten my gist.

Banjo wrote: »
    That's not strictly true - Played my first two Ranked Battles, and got teamed with what looked like a German name. I'd have loved the opportunity to scream NICHT PAINTEN DAS OIL RIG! GEGEN SIE AUF DEM SPLATZONE! I'm sure they'd have gotten my gist.

Ok I'm now officially awesome for a level 11 player won 4 games in a row and my win counter said smokin!

Anyone playing in the next hour or so? I've a free telly till 10:-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

iamtony wrote: »
    Ok I'm now officially awesome for a level 11 player won 4 games in a row and my win counter said smokin!

Anyone playing in the next hour or so? I've a free telly till 10:-)

I won 8 in a row at the weekend, it goes as far as smokin' as far as I can tell.

I won 8 in a row at the weekend, it goes as far as smokin' as far as I can tell.

I didn't even know what that box was until yesterday! Mine normally 1.0 or 0.5

I find The secret to getting a good score, for anyone that doesn't know is staying alive long enough to use your special ability and then using straight away and start building up again it racks up the points.
    I had no idea how anyone was getting scores above 1000 but now I do it quite often.

I was always holding on to mine to try to find an opportune moment! (And usually getting splatted before I got to then!)

Star Lord wrote: »
    I was always holding on to mine to try to find an opportune moment! (And usually getting splatted before I got to then!)
    It might depend on the one your using but I generally use the rocket that you touch the screen to send it somewhere on the map that needs inking and it seems to work well. If your covering enough ground in ink you can get to use it 3 sometimes 4 times per game if your not getting killed much.
    If your going to get killed do it while the gauge is low:-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

New weapon announced! going live tonight/ tomorrow for europe

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/121346142259/listen-up-at-7-pm-pt-a-new-weapon-enters-the

Advertisement