Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splatoon

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Destinys loss due to server issues is Splatoons gain. I've played about an hour now up to level 4.

Great craic I must say

Edit ... Level 6.

This game should come with an addiction warning. I'll just play one more game he says 10games ago!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Two more weapons coming out tomorrow!

https://www.facebook.com/SplatoonEN/posts/1463606607266281

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wonder what news will appear from the Direct in an hour? Maybe small updates on new maps and modes coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Every couple of nights I turn on my WiiU at about 10:50. Every time I fire up splatoon, I hit the Z buttons, I try to mash through Callie and Marie as fast as I can and then before I can hit Lobby suddenly there's an urgent update - over to Callie and Marie.

It's amazing how quickly "Stay Fresh" became stale.

Honestly, does anyone care what 2 stages are in rotation? You'll find out out when you go to join a game. There's no choice, there's no illusion of choice, so why are you making it take longer for me to access the fun part of the game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Also the fact that it kicks everyone out of the lobby for the announcement. I was playing with a bunch of boards people last night but we all seemed to get separated after the new stage announcement at 23.00. If I could only change one thing about this game I'd get rid of the stage rotation, I can't understand why they do it that way.

I was in that game! Love your goggles, BTW.

The way they're slowly introducing weapons and stages and play modes, I can only assume it's to get people used to the idea of how to play the game - ie as a first person decorator rather than shooter - before introducing complexity and nuance (eg splat zones, high ground, water hazards, new weapon types) so there's a sufficiently educated player base that any newcomers will be able to watch-n-learn from team-mates. In the same way the map rotation gets you used to the layout of the various levels by focusing you on a couple of layouts at a time, again so that experienced players develop strategies that newer players can emulate and you don't notice the lack of voice chat so much. Hopefully this is going to be replaced by a voting system at some point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

I'd be happy a MK8 voting system with a random element. With a pure vote-for-next-map system I think you'd very quickly have one map being played 90% of the time. I'd prefer not to have Splatoon's version of Dust2.

Edit: actually, scratch that. Wasn't there a really good paintball CS mod? Hmmm, need to go track that down.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

From Splatoon Facebook page... :)
    New mode ink-coming! Tower Control will be playable in Ranked Battle from 2nd July!

Later tonight at 23:00 UK time Treehouse Live will have an exclusive first look! We'll be staying up late for sure! http://www.twitch.tv/nintendouk

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If you want to see it in action

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TF2 inspiration there methinks ;)

Looks great though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I only bought this today. Brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Splatoon will be getting a new multiplayer map very soon. It was leaked early today.
    original.jpg

It's called Museum d'Alfonsino and is scheduled to go live in both Regular and Ranked battle at 6pm Pacific / 9pm Eastern (12th November) / 2am UK / 3am CET (13th November) for four hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Is anyone still playing this? Is it worth picking up? I we thinking of buying it second hand will it work online or are codes needed to activate it? Thanks

It's cheap enough new on Amazon and the like that you might get a better deal.
    Personally I don't play it because of the lack of Off-TV play, but I believe it still has it's following.
    It's definitely worth picking up, it's great fun. The only short coming is the inexplicably mediocre local multiplayer.
    If you have the disk, that should be all you need to play. Well, other than a Wii U. You might need an NNID to use the network, I didn't pay that much attention on my first go, but again that's easy to set up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

da gamer wrote: »
    Is anyone still playing this? Is it worth picking up? I we thinking of buying it second hand will it work online or are codes needed to activate it? Thanks

Still very active and there's no code needed to activate the game.

Advertisement