Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre/evision kaput after 48 hrs

Options
  • 03-04-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Our local cabinet went down on thursday 2nd april, only 48 hours after we got 'efibred'. No telly or broadband. Phone still OK though, and the BB was terrific (while it lasted). I've called in the problem only to hear 2-3 working days, only to get a text today giving thursday the 9th as the estimated date of repair. Thank feck I've still a few days left before UPC pull the plug.

This morning (Friday 3rd) an engineer (probably from KN) called to a neighbour who checked the cabinet stating that he could fix the fibre head there and then, but he had no access to the necessary eircom-warehoused components before tuesday. Please tell me your warehouses weren't closed today, on this 'not-a-bank-holiday' day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Our local cabinet went down on thursday 2nd april, only 48 hours after we got 'efibred'. No telly or broadband. Phone still OK though, and the BB was terrific (while it lasted). I've called in the problem only to hear 2-3 working days, only to get a text today giving thursday the 9th as the estimated date of repair. Thank feck I've still a few days left before UPC pull the plug.

This morning (Friday 3rd) an engineer (probably from KN) called to a neighbour who checked the cabinet stating that he could fix the fibre head there and then, but he had no access to the necessary eircom-warehoused components before tuesday. Please tell me your warehouses weren't closed today, on this 'not-a-bank-holiday' day.
    Sorry to hear of this Captain Halibut

Feel free to PM me your eircom account number & I'll check for an update on this issue.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Captain Halibut

Thanks Alan, PM sent (accidentally to eircom: Reps as well, sorry).

Thanks Alan, PM sent (accidentally to eircom: Reps as well, sorry).
    Hi Captain Halibut

Thanks for your PM, Technical support have got back to me reporting that it's not quite a simple to resolve the issue as had been previously advised by the KN technician, they have advised that the expected resolution timeframe is up to 24 hours. As soon as I have any further information I'll let you know.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Alan for your time. I'm genuinely mystified why eircom would light up an estate and start selling / upgrading people without ensuring the infrastructure can take the job on. I'm beginning to dread the possibility of 18 months of this. Particularly when the one complete day things worked, it was terrific. Someone should tell marketing that word of mouth can make mincemeat of even the biggest advertising budgets.

Thanks Alan for your time. I'm genuinely mystified why eircom would light up an estate and start selling / upgrading people without ensuring the infrastructure can take the job on. I'm beginning to dread the possibility of 18 months of this. Particularly when the one complete day things worked, it was terrific. Someone should tell marketing that word of mouth can make mincemeat of even the biggest advertising budgets.
    You're welcome Captain Halibut

I understand your views on this and I have requested priority on your case - as soon as I have an update I'll let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Everything came back yesterday around 5pm-ish. (I was afraid to post immediately, y'know, just in case) You'll maybe understand that we're going to be a little on edge about things for a while until things settle in.

Thanks again Alan for getting on our case.

Everything came back yesterday around 5pm-ish. (I was afraid to post immediately, y'know, just in case) You'll maybe understand that we're going to be a little on edge about things for a while until things settle in.

Thanks again Alan for getting on our case.
    Delighted to hear this Captain Halibut - Thanks for updating the thread

Let me know if any issues arise in the future :)

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement