Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Accomodation

• 03-04-2015 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

I got a job in NUIG for the summer and I am just wondering if any of the student accommodation complex's rent out rooms for the summer? I know they rent out rooms on a night by night basis but I'm wondering if you could stay there for the summer months. Thanks in advance any help would be appreciated! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You could try Corrib Village. I know they let out during the summer, they might be able to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

There's a good page on facebook for looking for rooms/houses in galway

https://www.facebook.com/groups/385939841504195/?fref=ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Hi, yeah glasan, corrib & gort all rent out rooms during the summmer, they reserve certain rooms for students/workers and rent the rest out similar to a hostel. If you're looking for renting for the whole summer i'd recommend getting a private rented house instead as these student places are still expensive enough during the summer months. Landlords in galway typically lower their prices during june july and august so you shouldn't have any trouble from a financial perspective

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

+1
    Also Corrib wouldn't be the first on my list

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭numnumcake

Hi Guys thank you so much for your help! I managed to find a house on that Facebook page recommended it was very useful :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Mr. G wrote: »
    +1
    Also Corrib wouldn't be the first on my list

I stayed there for a week over the summer a few years back it was grand. Just ask to be far from any language summer school groups and it'll be fine.

Dont plan to spend much time there, get out and enjoy the city and do things. Galways always particularly lively around July with festivals etc so don't miss those!

Advertisement