Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Business Plan, learning difficulties

Options
  • 03-04-2015 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi folks

I need to create a business plan. Problem i have is I have mild dyslexia and bipolar. I find it very difficult to formulate and structure what i want to say on paper, ive gone through dozens of templates and hit a brick wall and cant get it together.

I could get one of my family or a friend to help me but I would rather someone who is experienced creating business plans and make sure its right. I can dictate fine, answer any questions and talk til the cows come home, its just getting it down on paper is where i am finding major difficulty.

If anyone wants to help, send me a PM, im not expecting this for free and will pay for the time.

Im based in Dublin and would rather have someone I can meet to go through everything,less email the better, also if they have experience of technology plans, startups would be beneficial.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 EIREX

jacksn wrote: »
    Hi folks

I need to create a business plan. Problem i have is I have mild dyslexia and bipolar. I find it very difficult to formulate and structure what i want to say on paper, ive gone through dozens of templates and hit a brick wall and cant get it together.

I could get one of my family or a friend to help me but I would rather someone who is experienced creating business plans and make sure its right. I can dictate fine, answer any questions and talk til the cows come home, its just getting it down on paper is where i am finding major difficulty.

If anyone wants to help, send me a PM, im not expecting this for free and will pay for the time.

Im based in Dublin and would rather have someone I can meet to go through everything,less email the better, also if they have experience of technology plans, startups would be beneficial.

Thanks in advance.

Your local enterprise board may be able to help you with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I am dylexic and have cross latirality too so can probably understand some of the troubles you're having. I tend to have rewrite things a lot (people may have noticed I edit my posts a lot!) write read rewrite reread etc etc until it says what I want it to say. It can be incredibly frustrating especially with something as important as this. LEO does seem like a good place to start. Given the problems I have I'm probably not going to be the most help but if you want to PM might be able to help. I'm retail so of its retail I might be a little bit more useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

I have no idea what it is like so sorry if I am way of the ball. Would it help you at all if you went through a business plan template, wrote down a list of questions based on the template, and then video yourself answering the questions out loud. Then when you go to actually write the business plan you could keep rewinding the video so you know what you are trying to say?

You probably have thought of it already and it may not work but just said I would say it incase!

jimmii wrote: »
    I am dylexic and have cross latirality too so can probably understand some of the troubles you're having. I tend to have rewrite things a lot (people may have noticed I edit my posts a lot!) write read rewrite reread etc etc until it says what I want it to say. It can be incredibly frustrating especially with something as important as this. LEO does seem like a good place to start. Given the problems I have I'm probably not going to be the most help but if you want to PM might be able to help. I'm retail so of its retail I might be a little bit more useful!

Fair play to you Jimmy getting the better of it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Fair play to you Jimmy getting the better of it

It helps that I have always got on well with numbers! My wife does all the fancy creative stuff and I pay the bills basically!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jacksn

thanks jimmi, some of the most successful business people suffer from dyslexia: Alan Sugar, Richard Branson, jamie oliver.Great problem solvers and big picture thinkers!

thanks tacofries, I tried that last night but talked into voice notes on my phone it seems to have worked, got a bit more done on the plan. I spoke with a friend's wife who is an english teacher and shes going to help putting this together

Advertisement