Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assessment appeal

Options
  • 03-04-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

I am close to submitting an assessment appeal in relation to an assignment completed in the previous semester. Unfortunately, and this is a bit ridiculous, but I received absolutely no feedback for the assignment in question. The examiner would not respond to a number of emails from myself and the school, and the module coordinator refused to check my papers. My question is, are appeals submitted under the grounds of ‘incorrect grade’ practically never successful, or is it worth presenting my case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Has the deadline not passed for appealing a grade/result? From the UCD Appeals website (http://www.ucd.ie/appeals/exam_appeal.htm), it's stated that you have to appeal within 30 days of receiving your results.

I can't help you with the chances of having a grade changed under the appeals process as I don't have any experience of it - sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

convert wrote: »
    Has the deadline not passed for appealing a grade/result? From the UCD Appeals website (http://www.ucd.ie/appeals/exam_appeal.htm), it's stated that you have to appeal within 30 days of receiving your results.

My case has been extended until this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

honru wrote: »
    I am close to submitting an assessment appeal in relation to an assignment completed in the previous semester. Unfortunately, and this is a bit ridiculous, but I received absolutely no feedback for the assignment in question. The examiner would not respond to a number of emails from myself and the school, and the module coordinator refused to check my papers. My question is, are appeals submitted under the grounds of ‘incorrect grade’ practically never successful, or is it worth presenting my case?

I submitted an appeal on the grounds of of ‘incorrect grade’ last summer and was successful. It made me quite pleased to be honest as it ended up becoming a point of principal.
    So if you feel that you have grounds then go for it, also you get the appeal fee returned if successful.

Advertisement