Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refrigerated dough

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Crescent dough seems to be some sort of croisant dough that's ready to roll. You could maybe try the uncooked croissant dough you get in the fridge section in supermarkets (next to the chilled puffpastry, usually in a can)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Funnily enough, I asked the exact same question on another forum frequented by Americans. This is the answer I got:
    It's basically pre-packaged dough in the shape of triangles that you roll into a crescent shape then bake. It's often used for things like Pigs in a Blanket, which is a little cocktail sausage or bit of hot dog rolled up, sometimes with a slice of cheese, then baked. I don't know what kind of pastry it is. We buy it here in the refrigerator section of the grocery store, over by the eggs, butter, margarine, cheese, yogurt....that kind of stuff. It comes in tubes that you unwrap, and then you separate them. It's supposed to look like a croissant (French for crescent), but it's not actually a croissant.

The part about pigs in a blanket and that it's not actually a croissant would make me think it's probably puff or shortcrust pastry. I've had a google and the pictures look like puff pastry, which you should be able to get in any medium sized corner shop.

From what I can gather crescent roll dough comes pre-perforated into triangles. Your recipe calls for 'seamless' dough, so I'd say a pack of refrigerated puff pastry would do the trick.

Advertisement