Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Read only problem

Options
  • 03-04-2015 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Have a word doc saved on a memory stick. When opened it says 'read only'
    but when you go to properties>general>attributes the read only box is not ticked.

I usually do a 'save as' with new file name, and then change the name back after deleting the original file.

I've done a 'save as' this time as above and its grand when opened from the desktop but when copied to the memory stick, it becomes 'read only' file again.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

The strange thing is that when I copy the word file from the flash drive onto the desktop, the 'read only' is gone.

Its only this file, other word files on the flash drive open correctly with full permissions.

Even when I copy the text into a new word doc and save that to flash drive then it too becomes 'read only'

edit: Sorted, found da little fecker :D

Advertisement