Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If you don't ask you don't get, new hips and motorbikes cost a fair whack

Since in general he's such a private guy and has done very little outside wrestling, setting a high price like that will stop the $5k offers for a weekend convention and everything else

I'd love to go over to one of the Inside The Ropes events with the Undertaker in the UK in April/May, any clips of the shows with the likes of HBK and others I've seen have been fairly good, tickets being around the €60 mark aint cheap at all though

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just a rumour on Cageside Seats, but
    Kota Ibushi
    will be AEW bound once he's medically cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Omega actually said that last night, said it would be after double or nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Vince: "Leave me in the lurch, will ya? NIA!"

https://twitter.com/flairsnia/status/1094044544566476802?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Ambrose to get destroyed and written off TV forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ambrose then debuts in AEW taking out there Transgender wrestler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

https://twitter.com/RheaRipley_WWE/status/1094285128195629056?s=19

Sarah Logan getting a bit sour with Ripley in the comments. Can't see why they'd be working each other....not like they'd be feuding anytime soon.

Wouldn't be surprised if Rhea is promoted in the shake-up. They're calling it the international shake-up so presumably some of NXT UK will go up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I wasn't sure if that's what the "international" part meant or if it was because it was taking place in Canada.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I wasn't sure if that's what the "international" part meant or if it was because it was taking place in Canada.

Neither am I now that you've mentioned it being on in Canada.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wwe Studios and Netflix have signed a deal to start producing films together. The first.....

The Main Event tells the story of a ten-year old boy who is bullied but dreams of growing up to become a WWE professional wrestler. However, he gets to live his dream earlier when he discovers the secret to having super-strength in his breakfast cereal, becoming "The Spaghetti Kid." We are told that John Cena is referenced in the film and has a cameo role late in the current version of the script. The current version of the screenplay also features small roles for Sheamus, The Miz and Bray Wyatt, with a number of references to WWE NXT as well.

The Main Event is at the start of their casting and crew staffing process. There is no word yet where the film will shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sounds like a total waste of money by Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭ThePott

Sounds like a total waste of money by Netflix.

And a total waste of time for the consumer.

What is that synopsis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wwe Studios and Netflix have signed a deal to start producing films together. The first.....

The Main Event tells the story of a ten-year old boy who is bullied but dreams of growing up to become a WWE professional wrestler. However, he gets to live his dream earlier when he discovers the secret to having super-strength in his breakfast cereal, becoming "The Spaghetti Kid." We are told that John Cena is referenced in the film and has a cameo role late in the current version of the script. The current version of the screenplay also features small roles for Sheamus, The Miz and Bray Wyatt, with a number of references to WWE NXT as well.

The Main Event is at the start of their casting and crew staffing process. There is no word yet where the film will shoot.

Sounds ****ing awful but would watch just to be curious

I'll watch it vicariously through an OSW review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sounds ****ing awful but would watch just to be curious

JRvg0v2G_400x400.jpg

Sounds more like an Asylum version of Shazam

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Daniel Cormier has pushed back his final fight to "The Summer". Cue the speculation that Brock will stay in the WWE until May getting big Mania and Saudi Arabia pay days (they go there again in May) before leaving for UFC and that superfight.

Daniel Cormier has pushed back his final fight to "The Summer". Cue the speculation that Brock will stay in the WWE until May getting big Mania and Saudi Arabia pay days (they go there again in May) before leaving for UFC and that superfight.

I don't think Brock fights again. He's just leveraging Dana against Vince.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Monokne wrote: »
    I don't think Brock fights again. He's just leveraging Dana against Vince.

Would tend to agree. He knows where his bread is buttered really, it's of no real benefit for him to take a likely one shot (and probably resulting ban lol) fight ahead of the money he supposedly makes with WWE.

All the talk about it helps everyone out - Brock, Dana and Vince so no harm in continuing it.

Jimmy Uso arrested after a drunken confrontation with some police.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/14/wwe-jimmy-uso-arrested/

The 33-year-old -- real name Jonathan Solofa Fatu -- and his wife, fellow WWE superstar Naomi, were pulled over near downtown Detroit ... after cops say Naomi was driving the wrong direction on a one-way street.

According to our police sources, cops say their 2018 Dodge Journey reeked of booze ... so they ordered Naomi out of the car.

We're told while Naomi talked to cops, Jimmy got out of the car -- despite commands from police -- and took off his shirt and jacket and squared up like he wanted to fight.

We're told the officer took out his taser 'cause he was scared for his safety.

Jimmy ultimately settled down and complied with their commands ... then he was handcuffed, and arrested for disorderly conduct and obstruction.

He was taken to jail ... and later posted bond.

0214-jonathan-solofa-fatu-mugshot-3.jpg

Thread title needs an update ;)

That's the Usos not winning Sunday most likely then.

*Insert pun about Uso penitentiary here*

Necro wrote: »
    Thread title needs an update ;)

That's the Usos not winning Sunday most likely then.

*Insert pun about Uso penitentiary here*

Aw son of a bitch, just beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭ThePott

Damn, Jey got arrested last year for DUI and now his brother getting in trouble for drunken shenanigans.

Really living that USO penitentiary gimmick

EDIT- Everyone here thinks the exact same, the hive mind is complete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There's no way the face paint Usos would have done this stuff

• Advertisement

Jimmy Uso arrested after a drunken confrontation with some police.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/14/wwe-jimmy-uso-arrested/

The 33-year-old -- real name Jonathan Solofa Fatu -- and his wife, fellow WWE superstar Naomi, were pulled over near downtown Detroit ... after cops say Naomi was driving the wrong direction on a one-way street.

According to our police sources, cops say their 2018 Dodge Journey reeked of booze ... so they ordered Naomi out of the car.

We're told while Naomi talked to cops, Jimmy got out of the car -- despite commands from police -- and took off his shirt and jacket and squared up like he wanted to fight.

We're told the officer took out his taser 'cause he was scared for his safety.

Jimmy ultimately settled down and complied with their commands ... then he was handcuffed, and arrested for disorderly conduct and obstruction.

He was taken to jail ... and later posted bond.

0214-jonathan-solofa-fatu-mugshot-3.jpg

WWE's one line statement to him being arrested..
    Jonathan Fatu is responsible for his own personal actions.

Squaring up to a cop in America, would you be well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,394 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wait so Naomi was driving the wrong way ? Was she left off ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wait so Naomi was driving the wrong way ? Was she left off ?

Officers probably felt the GLOW and let her off..

Ok, I'll get me coat :o

Necro wrote: »
    Would tend to agree. He knows where his bread is buttered really, it's of no real benefit for him to take a likely one shot (and probably resulting ban lol) fight ahead of the money he supposedly makes with WWE.

All the talk about it helps everyone out - Brock, Dana and Vince so no harm in continuing it.

I understand the reason Vince keeps him - he has the money and he hates to be seen to be losing talent. But Brock isn't worth the money he's paid. I think he should call Brock's bluff personally.

• Advertisement

I think Mandy set Jimmy and Naomi up

Make of the following what you choose.

https://twitter.com/SI_wrestling/status/1096155649669500928

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

As the million dollar man would say everyone’s got a price

Hottest free agent.

I see they use his real name in the advertising.

Just out of curiosity I checked WWE.com and he hasn't been Jerichoed anyway

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Hottest free agent.

I see they use his real name in the advertising.

Just out of curiosity I checked WWE.com and he hasn't been Jerichoed anyway

Hasn't been Jerichoed yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Taker is really doing the rounds with the appearances. Seems a bit odd. Hasn't he always been ultra protective of his gimmick and so on

I’m just hoping it means he’s done as a wrestler

His gimmick is dead, no pun intended.

He's old, slow and painful to watch in the ring now. The mystique is gone, aside from the 5 minute entrance, so he's cashing in.

Wonder if his appearance fee is time based and how much is the entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

would wwe be upset by this? or does anyone care?

ric flair was confirmed for starrcase also this week. on twitter, Conrad denied they delayed announcing this until after Raw as (according to Meltzer apparently) it might have jeopardised Charlotte's Main Event WM gig. probably all bollocks but pettiness an rumours outside the ring are always fun

• Advertisement

Not crazy on Taker doing these things. I am also surprised he doesn't have a contract with Vince which precludes it. I always figured Vince would just keep him on payroll for a million bucks a year rather than allow him take bookings on the outside. Would not be shocked if they were to oppose him being so heavily advertised as The Undertaker - it's their gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Monokne wrote:
    Not crazy on Taker doing these things. I am also surprised he doesn't have a contract with Vince which precludes it. I always figured Vince would just keep him on payroll for a million bucks a year rather than allow him take bookings on the outside. Would not be shocked if they were to oppose him being so heavily advertised as The Undertaker - it's their gimmick.

Do you reckon Vince should use Brian Lee to play The Undertaker at autograph signings at Axxess??
    :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I wonder if his Mania pay days are over and this is how he's decided to earn a few Bob instead.

What's Callaway Taker doing in the AEW zone

It would be a small shame if he was too wrestle in another company

Doing autograph/talk sessions is ok as it's a few bob and it's a pity the inside the ropes show is not coming too Dublin as it would be cool too see and hear some stories about his career

Hopefully a wwe produced doc will be released some day

ricero wrote: »
    I wonder if his Mania pay days are over and this is how he's decided to earn a few Bob instead.

Pretty much.

People will say "it kills the mystique", but at his age, he doesn't and shouldn't be worrying about that any more. He's not physically able to portray that threatening character any more.

I personally say fair play to him. He's had possibly one of the greatest careers of all time, and it's time to let the idea of "one more match" go. At which point, doing these sorts of tours and stuff, if he enjoys them, are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Taker is hugely successful outside of wrestling.

I doubt he's hurting for money.

Pretty much.

People will say "it kills the mystique", but at his age, he doesn't and shouldn't be worrying about that any more. He's not physically able to portray that threatening character any more.

I personally say fair play to him. He's had possibly one of the greatest careers of all time, and it's time to let the idea of "one more match" go. At which point, doing these sorts of tours and stuff, if he enjoys them, are great.

cant believe its 10 years since the Undertaker RIP tour that stopped at the 3arena

My first wwe event and was amazing too see Taker in person. Remember it was him vs CM Punk in a casket match. Pity i dont have a top qulaity pic from the event as camaras back then were ****e ha

You never know about that one bad investment or if he’s terrible with money and he’ll need the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Nfl athletes earn millions. Over 60% are bankrupt withing 5 years of retirement.

Earning money and being able to save money are completely different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Nfl athletes earn millions. Over 60% are bankrupt withing 5 years of retirement.

Earning money and being able to save money are completely different

Yes but Taker has been earning big money for 3 decades at this stage. He's an older experienced guy and has been involved in the Real Estate business for yrs. Big level stuff too, High Rise Apartments, Office blocks etc.

I just don't see somebody like him ever struggling unless he suffers some sort of catastrophic financial failure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement