Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I was just about to post about the Hogan movie.. wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Pentecost

J. Marston wrote: »
    Hogan is a consultant, Bischoff is a producer and the film will not delve into his recent troubles.

65 and still full creative control. Have to laugh.

That's not going to work for me brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hogan is a consultant, Bischoff is a producer and the film will not delve into his recent troubles.

Might be more fictional than any Marvel movie Hemsworth has been in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,394 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

65 and still full creative control. Have to laugh.

Ah well hogan with creative control before went alright. I mean WCW is still... And TNA is... yeah what's the worst that could happen ? I hope it flops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »

Thor now is Hulk

th?id=OIP.n5UXbnS4fE3YOBT60AMjxwHaIX&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Crhis Hemsworth and Bradley Cooper are also producing, could Cooper play Vince

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭ThePott

Waiting for the inevitable dub of a Thor and Loki scene with;

"LET ME TELL YA SOMETHING BROTHER!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sounds exciting tbh and Hemsworth could be a good fit

Wonder what timeline the movie will have ?? Will it based on the rise of Hulkamania, his fallout with wwf and joining wcw. His entire career up til his last wwe championship ???

Be interesting too see the rest of the cast

Netflix movie so will not released in theatres but that could change

Jesus if paige is going on so much about her movie imagine the amount of times Hulkster will plug this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"Hi guys! Hulk here"

Will it address the most important times of his life - Suburban Commando, Mr Nanny and Thunder in Paradise?

casting idea

Ty Burrell (Phil Dunphy from modern family) as Eric Bischoff, might even be a good Jimmy Hart.

A lot of actors out there could pull off a good Bischoff

Could we set up a lone thread on the movie so we can discuss it away from this ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Hemsworth definitely looks like he eats his vitamins so he's a perfect fit brother

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1098348105878126593
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

CastorTroy wrote: »
    "Hi guys! Hulk here"

HUGE pop :D

Haha sheiky baby lying down the law as usual. He's clearly nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The perfect title for the film would be.... Say your Prayers and Take your Vitamins.

I’d pay to see that movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The perfect title for the film would be.... Say your Prayers and Take your Vitamins.

Really?

My bets on Runnin' Wild

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Roman back Monday.

I mean is a mania even a slight possibility I wonder

https://twitter.com/vincemcmahon/status/1098714525568765953?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

What about Real American?

nazmoalex wrote: »
    What about Real American?

"Brother" the story of hulk Hogan

Prob late 2020/2021 release date if filming starts this year but we knw if there are set backs could even delay it longer. Hope all runs smoothly

Joe Manganiello as Macho Man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Suppose with the likes of Joseph Parks, Daviairi, Sonjay Dutt and all joining, we might see more "old" timers leaving the company soon. maybe Arn has been sent off into retirement.

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Suppose with the likes of Joseph Parks, Daviairi, Sonjay Dutt and all joining, we might see more "old" timers leaving the company soon. maybe Arn has been sent off into retirement.

yea it makes sense to have new blood coming in plus i suppose arn must be in his mid to late 60s should go off and live his well deserved retirement although would not be surprised if aew brings him on for their tv show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Both Hardy’s have only a week left on their contracts

I can't really see Matt packing his bags and going back on the indie scene, he seems more or less done. Don't they have a network series coming?

Jeff on the other hand, who knows.

ThePott wrote: »
    I can't really see Matt packing his bags and going back on the indie scene, he seems more or less done. Don't they have a network series coming?

Jeff on the other hand, who knows.

honestly could see jeff staying with wwe and matt going to aew in a creative capacity which i think he would be great in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Hogan will want to play himself. He wouldn't let anyone else headline

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

yea it makes sense to have new blood coming in plus i suppose arn must be in his mid to late 60s should go off and live his well deserved retirement although would not be surprised if aew brings him on for their tv show

He's actually only 60. Dude has been looking older than he is, all his life. I thought he was older too. still fairly youngish for a role elsewhere.

honestly could see jeff staying with wwe and matt going to aew in a creative capacity which i think he would be great in

Not a bad call actually. Could see Matt going for creative. I think Jeff probably wants a Wrestlemania retirement so he could stay alright.

There's too much creative & money in Bucks-Hardys for me to see one staying with WWE and one going to AEW. All parties wanted to do that in 2017 but it ended up being cut short. It's a genuine dream match in terms of tag team wrestling for many people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Monokne wrote: »
    There's too much creative & money in Bucks-Hardys for me to see one staying with WWE and one going to AEW. All parties wanted to do that in 2017 but it ended up being cut short. It's a genuine dream match in terms of tag team wrestling for many people.

Hardy Bucks, amirite? Get the viper in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think Hogan will want to play himself. He wouldn't let anyone else headline

"Terry, Chris Hemsworth has agreed to play you in a movie",

"Doesn't work for me brother".

Flairs birthday celebration on Raw and they fire his best mate 4 days before.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »

Flairs birthday celebration on Raw and they fire his best mate 4 days before.

They had a falling out some years back. Last I read they were cordial again these days but not best mates by a long shot.

Edit - Bruce Mitchell of the Torch, who is friendly with both, said in 2014 that Arn and Ric would "probably never speak to each other again". Only mentioned it was down to family reasons. I believe Arn has been a big part of Charlotte's work on the main roster so perhaps that has changed.

Lads is taker no longer appearing at Starr cast ? Did I imagine seeing that somewhere ? I didn't know there was heat between Arn and Ric though. So it seems the only guy who hasn't fallen out with any of the horsemen is JJ dillon. And charlotte seems to love the guy and calls him uncle Arn all the time. I wonder what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Lads is taker no longer appearing at Starr cast ? Did I imagine seeing that somewhere ? I didn't know there was heat between Arn and Ric though. So it seems the only guy who hasn't fallen out with any of the horsemen is JJ dillon. And charlotte seems to love the guy and calls him uncle Arn all the time. I wonder what happened.

Someone on reddit mentioned it was due to Arn taking the side of one of Ric's ex-wives in a divorce settlement.

Someone on reddit mentioned it was due to Arn taking the side of one of Ric's ex-wives in a divorce settlement.

Ah well that would do it alright if true. Which wife though ric has been married at least four times maybe five.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

They had a falling out some years back. Last I read they were cordial again these days but not best mates by a long shot.

Edit - Bruce Mitchell of the Torch, who is friendly with both, said in 2014 that Arn and Ric would "probably never speak to each other again". Only mentioned it was down to family reasons. I believe Arn has been a big part of Charlotte's work on the main roster so perhaps that has changed.

Sounds like they got pissed and had one beef too many. Can imagine the two of them having serious arguments about pro wrestling.

Lads is taker no longer appearing at Starr cast ? .

No he is still advertised along with Sting, Flair, Hall, Nash & Kid, Bret and Lawler so plenty of WWE legend contract guys at it.

And Coach has also been added.

Ah well that would do it alright if true. Which wife though ric has been married at least four times maybe five.

Beth.

Beth.

Ah well ric was married to Beth for longer than the others and she is Charlotte's and Reid's mother. Although I don't know if you've read the article that was done on the Flair family and She was as bad as Ric. It sounded like one messed up family. Also, they are meant to have fallen out in 2014 ? Sure Ric and his wife Beth were divorced well before that weren't they ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They did the table for three thing after that. Didn't see Arn at his wedding though. Either way he'll be a noticeable absentee from Raw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I don't see this. Sure that programme could be fun and beneficial short-term, but when it's over then what for the Hardyz? They both walk out on potential cushy jobs for life with WWE, given their tenure, to a competitor that may or may not succeed long term? Why risk burning that bridge for pretty much the same gig and similar pay when they can just stay put and provide long-term security for their families? I see the incentive for younger wrestlers like Dillinger to raise their stock and make more money elsewhere (because they don't have tenure and name value), but I don't see it for veterans like the Hardyz, Kurt Angle etc, especially when AEW have specifically said that they don't want to go the old TNA route of hiring ex-WWE vets.

If they were really unhappy with WWE, it'd be a decent option. If they were like Jericho and had loads of other projects that they needed time/freedom to work on and fancied doing something different, I'd see it. If WWE weren't planning on renewing their deals, then yeah they really don't have a better option. But leaving the comfort and security of WWE for the sake of one programme that they can already say they've ticked off the list? Nah, it'd be a dumb move.

leggo wrote:
    I don't see this. Sure that programme could be fun and beneficial short-term, but when it's over then what for the Hardyz? They both walk out on potential cushy jobs for life with WWE, given their tenure, to a competitor that may or may not succeed long term? Why risk burning that bridge for pretty much the same gig.

Both of them are at nothing now though so what plans had they for them the last 2 years??
    Jeff must be f**ked as he's flipped off chambers, onto aprons, swinging off cages the last few months.
    Other than that all he's done is being called a waster for the last 2 months & despite the fight to get the Broken universe rights it was a waste as WWE will only push their ideas even when they are consistently f*cking sh!t.
    I don't think going would burn bridges either. Who ever actually did that in wrestling anyway only if they do something so bad it's not said.
    If they got experience as agents it would make them more viable options long term in that role. Daivari got an agent gig and he was rubbish in WWE & TNA but he's a company guy as proven in Saudi Arabia.

You’ve gotta think of it like a job lads, these guys have families to support. They don’t worry too much about what storyline they’re in if they’re paying the bills. Fair point about not burning bridges, but there’s also no guarantee that they’ll walk back into a job when they want either, last time they left it took them, what, a decade to get back in? And they were fishing for it for a good while before WWE relented. Also, particularly in Jeff’s case, not being in that system seemed to be bad for his personal life, have we had any drink/drugs scandals since he returned?

It feels more like creating logic here to suit what people want them to do rather than it being the logical, balanced decision that’s best for their lives as a whole. If your best argument for something is “but the storylines”, that’s not necessarily what they’re prioritising. The best case you could make for them going would be a more relaxed schedule, but even then that suits Jeff more than Matt as he doesn’t have to wrestle for WWE as is, so if he can get a renewal for non-wrestling stuff that’d probably be his best move.

leggo wrote: »
    You’ve gotta think of it like a job lads, these guys have families to support. They don’t worry too much about what storyline they’re in if they’re paying the bills. Fair point about not burning bridges, but there’s also no guarantee that they’ll walk back into a job when they want either, last time they left it took them, what, a decade to get back in? And they were fishing for it for a good while before WWE relented. Also, particularly in Jeff’s case, not being in that system seemed to be bad for his personal life, have we had any drink/drugs scandals since he returned?

It feels more like creating logic here to suit what people want them to do rather than it being the logical, balanced decision that’s best for their lives as a whole. If your best argument for something is “but the storylines”, that’s not necessarily what they’re prioritising. The best case you could make for them going would be a more relaxed schedule, but even then that suits Jeff more than Matt as he doesn’t have to wrestle for WWE as is, so if he can get a renewal for non-wrestling stuff that’d probably be his best move.

Yes, Jeff I think had one slip when he was arrested for driving drunk. But that seemed to be a slip more than a return to his old ways. Say what you want about the WWE they do look out for the health of the talent. If nothing else Jeff being part of WWE again is helpful is keeping him on the straight and narrow more than TNA did/would. Matt has lost weight and looks years younger recently so being off the road helped him. I know Jeff is still jumping off of things and he's probably going to feel that later in life but he's not doing it every night these days. He says he saves then for TV or PPV. He's not doing it in some backwater town at a live event.

Nobody is saying the Hardy's should join the bread line to leave or end up like Demolition working into their 60's.
    If the AEW contracts (cause there won't be near as interested elsewhere) are as good as claimed they'd be dumb not to at least enquire.
    If their contracts are up soon & WWE haven't made attempts to sign them that is alarm bells to me.
    As far as creative goes you brought up they work with the Bucks & then what?
    I merely looked at the last 2 years, them working the full time WWE schedule was always a big worry given their history so that it f**ked up Matt should come as no surprise to anyone; maybe that it wasn't Jeff is the only shock.
    Wherever they go they can't be working full time as it benefits nobody & should be eying transitioning into a backstage gig.

AEW is great for creating leverage for guys anyway and wrestlers would be mad not to at least look into what they could get, if anything, and try use it to better their options. We can agree on that much.

But they also have to prove their long term viability before they can reasonably expect to land any real game-changing, big fishes. The likes of Dillinger, KENTA and TJP are cool options if they’re even looking at them, but they won’t give them any mainstream boost to do damage. Then again, they mightn’t need to to get off the ground with how quickly they’re selling out and how they already have deals with the likes of Hot Topic. Maybe what they already have is mainstream enough to be hugely successful. I can’t say that it connects massively with me personally, and we don’t yet really know what their long term goals are (like will they work with NJPW eventually or will they compete as the secondary market in the US for example?), so I find it tough to gauge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

ERG89 wrote: »
    Both of them are at nothing now though so what plans had they for them the last 2 years??
    Jeff must be f**ked as he's flipped off chambers, onto aprons, swinging off cages the last few months.
    Other than that all he's done is being called a waster for the last 2 months & despite the fight to get the Broken universe rights it was a waste as WWE will only push their ideas even when they are consistently f*cking sh!t.
    I don't think going would burn bridges either. Who ever actually did that in wrestling anyway only if they do something so bad it's not said.
    If they got experience as agents it would make them more viable options long term in that role. Daivari got an agent gig and he was rubbish in WWE & TNA but he's a company guy as proven in Saudi Arabia.
    For me when both Hardys returned they put their Indy days behind them. Jeff's a father now so I'd say he has more cop on.

Ditto for Matt. I'd be surprised if they feck off next week.

AEW is very much an unknown right now. The Hardy's know that the WWE is a machine that will keep giving for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Dint think theyre going anywhere but If the Hardys ever lost their jobs they'd walk in to AEW because the bucks love them. Personally think bucks vs hardyz has been done to death.

For me when both Hardys returned they put their Indy days behind them. Jeff's a father now so I'd say he has more cop on.

AEW is very much an unknown right now. The Hardy's know that the WWE is a machine that will keep giving for life.

I'm of the same opinion. I always saw the Hardys returning to the WWE as a coming full circle moment for them. It was a chance to end their careers as they started them. The TNA run to me felt like the Hardy's needing to prove to themselves they were more than the WWE. Christian did the same thing, he left the safety net of WWE to prove he was good enough to himself. I think the Hardys were the same.

Chris Jericho is getting paid more money by AEW for the next 3 years than WWE has ever paid him in a year, out of his own mouth. This is not an "indie". The person who owns it is richer - by a wide margin - than Vince McMahon.

I am not suggesting they will go - I don't know. But the idea AEW is not a very viable option for them is silly. They were all set to reject WWE and resign with Impact before the big falling out with Jeff Jarrett in 2017 because Impact allowed them creative freedom. I can absolutely see a scenario in which AEW pitches them the opportunity to use the broken universe cast of characters, feud with the Bucks, and make a nice healthy guarantee, all for less dates than WWE.

Also, if they leave, the WWE machine will still be there when they want to go back. Vince is always keener to have the people he can't have than the ones readily available.

Bruce Prichard has been rehired for a key role in creative. Big story, this. Per PWINSIDER:

"World Wrestling Entertainment is going back to the past to help forge their future.

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that Bruce Prichard is returning full-time to the company to work in a top position on the creative team and will start back at WWE TV this Monday in Atlanta, GA.

Prichard’s position was described to PWInsider as being “as important as possible” in creative and he be one of the top point people in the creative team going forward. Prichard, 55 years old, was best known on camera as Brother Love but worked behind the scenes for a number of years as a producer and worked directly with Vince McMahon as one of his top lieutenants. We are told that Prichard’s new role will be very similar to his former position in that he will be working directly with McMahon on all things creative.

Prichard left WWE in 2008 and has since become the host of one of the most popular pro wrestling podcasts Something to Wrestle With, where Prichard and co-host Conrad Thompson do deep dives into events and personalities from WWE’s history. The podcast has become so popular that a version of it was brought to the WWE Network for a series of episodes with a second season planned for later this year. There is no word what this hiring means for the future of the podcast itself."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement