Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I don't really get why they do it though. It's not as if you have to them call the full name every time you refer to them. You can interchangeably use the names. Call him Mustafa Ali initially and then during the match say things like "Ali with a quick counter" and then back to "a valiant effort by Mustafa Ali." You don't have to use the full name each and every time. I think people are more bemused by the whole phenomenon rather than enraged about it. It's just kind of odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I think it's a mixture of both TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    I don't really get why they do it though. It's not as if you have to them call the full name every time you refer to them. You can interchangeably use the names. Call him Mustafa Ali initially and then during the match say things like "Ali with a quick counter" and then back to "a valiant effort by Mustafa Ali." You don't have to use the full name each and every time. I think people are more bemused by the whole phenomenon rather than enraged about it. It's just kind of odd.

Pronouns Pal...

We know Vince has a hatred for pronouns. Could feed into this perhaps? He doesn't want him, her, it etc, so he shortens the name to make it easier for commentary, sound better when said out etc.

That is actually very insightful Gerry. JR has often talked about Vince demanding he use a name rather than a pronoun.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Does that mean next time he comes to the ring the announcer will just say "the Owner of WWE Vince?"

His gimmick name is 'Mr McMahon'. Has been for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Cain had been at the PC this year and has talked about wanting to go into wrestling.

I am very much on the fence on this. On the one hand, I have always enjoyed guys who can incorporate legitimate combat - whether that be amateur wrestling like Kurt, or MMA stuff like Brock or Samoa Joe - into pro wrestling. On the other hand, Cain is not a strong personality, has no experience in wrestling, and has only fought about 9 times in the last decade because he is so injury prone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wonder will Brock be crapping himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Wonder will Brock be crapping himself

Brock wins a gruelling match. Lights go out. Organ screeches.

''THAT'S GOTTA BE CAIN!''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think this week's 205 Live is the first time I've seen Sonjay Dutt on a WWE show.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Brock wins a gruelling match. Lights go out. Organ screeches.

''THAT'S GOTTA BE CAIN!''

**** 1/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So now we know why jojo hasn't been on TV since last year. Unless she retaining a camal load of water she's pregnant and bray is the jockey so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭safeasparagus

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So now we know why jojo hasn't been on TV since last year. Unless she retaining a camal load of water she's pregnant and bray is the jockey so to speak.

Speaking of which , where is Bray , creative have nothing for him so keeping him off tv ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Jordan Devlin vs Akira Tozawa has been announced for Wrestlemania Axxess, along with a host of other matches for taping on the network. Nice one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

Jordan Devlin vs Akira Tozawa has been announced for Wrestlemania Axxess, along with a host of other matches for taping on the network. Nice one!

Any chance of him showing up to the raw after wm, attacking his mentor?

WWE have announced over on Twitter that long time ring announcer John-Jo is preggo. No mention of baby daddy Bray however

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    WWE have announced over on Twitter that long time ring announcer John-Jo is preggo. No mention of baby daddy Bray however

she had pictures up in instagram, i think, yesterday. brays hands were on the bump.

they were professional photos, but she looked amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Didn't he leave his wife and kids for her? That's a warning sign right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

J. Marston wrote: »
    Didn't he leave his wife and kids for her? That's a warning sign right there.

Ya he did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Saw his profile still on wwe.com and they've been quick to update those lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Didn’t realize AEW had Hall, DDP, Bischoff and the likes plugging them. WWE won’t be too happy

Vice are doing a series of documentaries on controversial wrestling figures & topics. Will probably try find them if I hear they're good.
    As noted earlier today on PWInsider.com, cable network Vice will debut a new six-part documentary series Dark Side of the Ring on Wednesday 4/10. PWInsider.com has confirmed that the episodes will feature the following schedule and debut air dates:

Dark Side of the Ring

Wednesday 4/10 - The Match Made in Heaven (Randy Savage and Elizabeth)

Wednesday 4/17 - The Montreal Screwjob

Wednesday 4/24 - The Killing of Bruiser Brody

Wednesday 5/1 - The Last of the Von Erichs

Wednesday 5/8 - The Mysterious Death of Gorgeous Gino (Hernandez)

Wednesday 5/15 - The Fabulous Moolah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

All In 2 happening in August.
    I thought that Double or Nothing was supposed to be All In 2. You know, following the gambling themed name for the event.

Now the name Double or Nothing makes no sense if it isn't following on from All In. What are they doubling? It's just the first show.

I dunno. Maybe analysing wrestling like this is bad for the brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's a unique theme for sure. I'll be disappointed if there last ever show isn't called Busted Flush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ERG89 wrote: »
    Vice are doing a series of documentaries on controversial wrestling figures & topics. Will probably try find them if I hear they're good.

Wrestlelamia on YouTube do these type of Docs and there very good

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wrestlelamia on YouTube do these type of Docs and there very good

That's where I heard about Gino Hernandez death before, he does a LOT of clickbait videos that harm the channel more than help it tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Talk that Smackdown will be joining RAW at being 3 hours long.

• Advertisement

Talk that Smackdown will be joining RAW at being 3 hours long.

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Big Dawg to SD. Rollins leads Raw. Ambrose walks off into the sunset.

Whoever wins, Steph becomes champ

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Whoever wins, Steph becomes champ

Whoever wins, we lose.

Although if they do put Charlotte's belt on the line, it doesn't really line up with their story of Charlotte being their golden girl that they did with Vince picking her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

God could you imagine if they make her the special guest referee.

Charlotte is the chosen, costs Becky the match. Charlotte walks away with both titles. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

ThePott wrote: »
    God could you imagine if they make her the special guest referee.

Charlotte is the chosen, costs Becky the match. Charlotte walks away with both titles. :(

It’s the main event of Mania. They’re not going to close the show like that. If it wasn’t the main event you’d never know what they’d do but I expect Becky holding the belts to be the closing image.

The speculation is they are kicking around 2 ideas -

One is that it's a one fall match with both belts on the line, with titles only changing hands if a champion is beaten. IE if Becky pins Charlotte, the match is over & she is SD champ, Ronda remains Raw champ. If Charlotte pins Ronda, or Ronda pins Charlotte, one person ends up with both belts. Etc.

Other is that it's as simple as whoever gets the pin becomes dual champ.

Pentecost wrote: »
    It’s the main event of Mania. They’re not going to close the show like that. If it wasn’t the main event you’d never know what they’d do but I expect Becky holding the belts to be the closing image.

I would hope so, I'm only being a little bit snarky. Mind you no one thought last year would end with Brock holding the title either.

From a storyline point of view though having it be for both titles makes no sense, if Charlotte is meant to be this corporately picked champion why would they put her belt on the line? I know you can come up with reasons for it but it just shows how overbooked this story has been.

• Advertisement

I would hope so, I'm only being a little bit snarky. Mind you no one thought last year would end with Brock holding the title either.

From a storyline point of view though having it be for both titles makes no sense, if Charlotte is meant to be this corporately picked champion why would they put her belt on the line? I know you can come up with reasons for it but it just shows how overbooked this story has been.

But crucially, the reason they did that was because the audience was so opposed to Roman ending the show holding the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Didn’t they do angle/Benoit/Jericho 2 out of 3 falls for the euro title 1st pin and 2nd for ic wonder if they could go that route.

I doubt it but it could let them have Becky and Charlotte both win and tbh most of all it’s not the best idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

sky88 wrote: »
    Didn’t they do angle/Benoit/Jericho 2 out of 3 falls for the euro title 1st pin and 2nd for ic wonder if they could go that route.

I doubt it but it could let them have Becky and Charlotte both win and tbh most of all it’s not the best idea

Best idea would be to announce that Charlotte must defend the Smackdown title against the winner of the Battle Royal, taking her out of the main event.

Monokne wrote: »
    But crucially, the reason they did that was because the audience was so opposed to Roman ending the show holding the title.
    I understand that but they didn't seem to mind any other time the audience was opposed to Roman going over in the main event of mania. It's not like WWE have always listened to the audience really. Hell I don't think the fans were exactly happy about Brock retaining either.

Not to mention we have 3 feel good baby face moments with Kofi, Becky and Seth.

Like I said it won't happen but I was just talking about a worst case scenario.

I think Charlotte goes over I don’t think all 3 get the happy ending fans want.

Honestly think only kofi will win

If they hadn't said there's an announcement tonight then there could be a storyline reason for 2 titles in the line. Just have Becky and/or Ronda goad Charlotte into putting the title on the line.
    Then again Charlotte is Vince's pick so Steph could be doing this to annoy him

• Advertisement

I understand that but they didn't seem to mind any other time the audience was opposed to Roman going over in the main event of mania. It's not like WWE have always listened to the audience really. Hell I don't think the fans were exactly happy about Brock retaining either.

Not to mention we have 3 feel good baby face moments with Kofi, Becky and Seth.

Like I said it won't happen but I was just talking about a worst case scenario.

I don't see Seth getting his hand up. He's cold. I would be looking for a better babyface to beat Brock.

sky88 wrote: »

Honestly think only kofi will win

You expect the end of Wrestlemania to be Charlotte celebrating?

sky88 wrote:

Rollins I reckon is most likely to lose as that match since it was made didn't click as a main event & his efforts to get the fans into it seem really forced.

I really do I think they’ll go the sweve route like last year

WWE want moments for video packages. They can present "Charlotte Flair continuing Ric's legacy in the historic first ever women's main event" however they want.

They've done it plenty of times before. Roman winning big matches to boos and people sitting on their hands. The video package the next night on Raw shows people in the crowd screaming for him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement