Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    WWE want moments for video packages. They can present "Charlotte Flair continuing Ric's legacy in the historic first ever women's main event" however they want.

They've done it plenty of times before. Roman winning big matches to boos and people sitting on their hands. The video package the next night on Raw shows people in the crowd screaming for him.

Plus Charlotte has there pick for this main event all along

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

sky88 wrote: »
    I think Charlotte goes over I don’t think all 3 get the happy ending fans want.

Honestly think only kofi will win

Think Bryan is winning with New Day costing Kofi the title

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

Monokne wrote: »
    I don't see Seth getting his hand up. He's cold. I would be looking for a better babyface to beat Brock.

At this point I don't even know who that could be. He's basically cleared out every option by now. I do agree that angle isn't as hot as it could have been or even was a few weeks back but reckon he could go over still.

Like I said I do think Becky goes over but there's plenty of reasons for doubt as me and a few other people have said. Again my initial post was more of a joke but I don't think Becky winning is a foregone conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't see Seth getting his hand up. He's cold. I would be looking for a better babyface to beat Brock.

"Winner and new Universal champion - Johnny Gargano!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Becky is 110% going to win, I think Lesnar and DB both retain, hoping Bryan does anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I'm astounded by some of the conversation around Charlotte & Becky here.

It's as though 2015 - 2018 is burned into brains & no one has been paying attention to Becky being pushed & protected as the top star for the last 8 months. Charlotte's win against Asuka was her first televised win since October like. Becky is the corporate pick, as well as the fans pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Monokne wrote:
    Charlotte's win against Asuka was her first televised win since October like.

Did Charlotte not beat one of the Riot squad last week on Raw in 90 seconds?
    Ah she ran out of time, shows how much I paid attention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm astounded by some of the conversation around Charlotte & Becky here.

People have different opinions, get over yourself.

I think the whole lot is an overbooked mess myself and couldn't give a fiddlers about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I dunno whats gonna happen Sunday but Im looking forward to the 3 way. Its got a big fight feel

Omackeral wrote: »
    People have different opinions, get over yourself.

I think the whole lot is an overbooked mess myself and couldn't give a fiddlers about it.

Right back at you pal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I dunno whats gonna happen Sunday but Im looking forward to the 3 way. Its got a big fight feel

The 3 way brawl backstage has done a lot for the match for me, Charlotte is still a bit out of place but the whole thing was class

Loved the bit where Becky and Ronda just looked at each other at the same time before the fcuk out of each other

I wonder was it live since they fought to the backstage area, or was it filmed earlier in the day with a few dodgy bits for live tv such as Ronda crashing into the police car

If you pay close attention to the blocking, editing etc, it had to be pretaped. It was fantastic. If you'd shown me it on paper, I'd have said it was a terrible idea, but the three were so good. Charlotte is fantastic as the entitled heel. Ronda as a crazy person isn't much of a stretch. And Becky really comes off cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I get why some may be iffy on the build-up (I'm into it but I also don't expect every Mania build-up to be 'My Way'/Mania x7 quality), and I respect others having opinions, but I genuinely feel bad for people who can't get into the match.

We've got an Irish person main eventing WrestleMania. It's never happened before, for all we know it might not happen again for 10-20 years. It's happened completely organically, she's become this year's equivalent of Daniel Bryan/SCSA in the breakout crossover star chosen by the fans, and she genuinely deserves it on merit. She's one of the elite wrestlers in the company, as hard working as anyone, with charisma to burn. That's class. I don't get mad when people don't like the things I like, I feel for them. We watch it with the objective of enjoying it, ideally, so to not be able to enjoy and appreciate something as big as this happening for one of our own must be pretty ****ty.

It is fantastic. As you say, I can understand why people haven't enjoyed aspects of the build, and you can make a very cogent argument that the build peaked with the Ronda/Becky promo the night after the Royal Rumble.

However, once all three are in the ring, being announced, in front of 70,000 live in that spectacle, in the key match and the legitimate main event, closing the show, it is going to feel so big, and it is such a huge credit to all of them, but particularly Becky, who really organically built her connection to the audience. It's one of the best feel god stories in wrestling in years, and in terms of improbability, it's even higher than Bryan's story. I don't think any of us would have believed it possible a year ago.

I can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

i know this is a becky loved thread,but got to give ronda bit of credit only a year and half since they had rumours of her in WWE to doing two manias,i know mic skills etc and the way the kafabed her was not highlights but shes up their with the girls...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

For once I’m really pumped for Mania.

I think knowing Reigns isn’t in the main event helps and having Becky to get behind in the main event makes it a big fight feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

leggo wrote: »
    I get why some may be iffy on the build-up (I'm into it but I also don't expect every Mania build-up to be 'My Way'/Mania x7 quality), and I respect others having opinions, but I genuinely feel bad for people who can't get into the match.

We've got an Irish person main eventing WrestleMania. It's never happened before, for all we know it might not happen again for 10-20 years. It's happened completely organically, she's become this year's equivalent of Daniel Bryan/SCSA in the breakout crossover star chosen by the fans, and she genuinely deserves it on merit. She's one of the elite wrestlers in the company, as hard working as anyone, with charisma to burn. That's class. I don't get mad when people don't like the things I like, I feel for them. We watch it with the objective of enjoying it, ideally, so to not be able to enjoy and appreciate something as big as this happening for one of our own must be pretty ****ty.

To be honest it's nothing to me what nationality Becky is. Just like I couldn't give a fcuk about Ireland doing well in the Rugby or Dublin in the Gaelic Ball. Both games do nothing for me so it would only be patronising to support those lads by jumping on the bandwagon.

I'll be delighted to see Becky win because she's paid her dues more than most and not because she's Irish. However if Charlotte won I'd be delighted for her too because I do feel she's still the better all round performer. I don't feel obligated to do anything more than that.

mcdaids69 wrote: »
    i know this is a becky loved thread,but got to give ronda bit of credit only a year and half since they had rumours of her in WWE to doing two manias,i know mic skills etc and the way the kafabed her was not highlights but shes up their with the girls...

Absolutely. In terms of first year in the business, she is up there with Kurt Angle as best I've ever seen. And people seem to take issue with her mic work because she doesn't give that rote WWE delivery with the practiced pauses and specific cadence, but I think she just comes across as Ronda Rousey.

All three bring something different. Ronda brings the legitimacy and star power needed for this to be a real, genuine Wrestlemania main event caliber match. Becky is the hot rising star that the best Mania finishes have involved the crowning of (X, XIV, XXX all come to mind). Charlotte is the woman who has anchored the division through it's transition from what it was to what it is, having classic matches with Becky, Bayley, & Sasha along the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Imagine paying for this?

ytdejg6fmwp21.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Miz's reality show has been renewed by USA Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

I hope Becky looses on Sunday. Not a fan at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To be honest it's nothing to me what nationality Becky is. Just like I couldn't give a fcuk about Ireland doing well in the Rugby or Dublin in the Gaelic Ball. Both games do nothing for me so it would only be patronising to support those lads by jumping on the bandwagon.

I'll be delighted to see Becky win because she's paid her dues more than most and not because she's Irish. However if Charlotte won I'd be delighted for her too because I do feel she's still the better all round performer. I don't feel obligated to do anything more than that.

I’d be the same with a lot of sports (I hate McGregor for example), however I’m also a fan of the local scene here and put a lot of work into it myself, so to see someone I’ve met a few times and got to train with before rise from that to the Mania main event is unbelievable.

I think there’s a lot of people (not you btw you’ve said you’re a fan) who dislike Becky because whenever something gets really popular they feel like they have to have the opposite opinion. Whenever I see someone say she’s bad for example...she’s objectively not like, wrestling is a measurable skill on many levels, it’s like saying Messi is a bad footballer. It just strikes of someone looking for attention and if they’re actually not enjoying a great moment in one of their hobbies for the sake of THAT...what a crappy way to spend a life tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If you pay close attention to the blocking, editing etc, it had to be pretaped. It was fantastic. If you'd shown me it on paper, I'd have said it was a terrible idea, but the three were so good. Charlotte is fantastic as the entitled heel. Ronda as a crazy person isn't much of a stretch. And Becky really comes off cool.

The editing was off, sloppy, but its didnt take away from the segment. All 3 deserve their spot and a 3 way will be a fast paced match which will hopefully keep folks interested after 6 hours of wrestling beforehand.

Also Becky calling Ronnie a weirdo is hilarious. She was like she was getting dragged out of coppers at 2am for streeling somr young wan who looked at her fella

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So he's going to be in attendance tonight?

ERG89 wrote: »
    Vice are doing a series of documentaries on controversial wrestling figures & topics. Will probably try find them if I hear they're good.

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/the-killing-of-bruiser-brody/5c1a925cbe40777bcd280731

Brody doc is available to watch here, hope the link works

Major League Wrestling, announced today it has entered into an agreement to broadcast its flagship weekly hour-long program MLW Fusion and Special Events nationally across the UK and Ireland on FreeSports, the most widely available Sports Channel in the country.

The partnership will commence with a 2-hour special special this Tuesday evening featuring the 2019 Battle Riot at 10pm.
    Starting next week, FUSION will air every Monday at 10pm on FreeSports.

FreeSports is available on Freeview HD channel 64, Sky channel 422, Virgin 553, FreeSat 252, TalkTalk 64 and BT Vision channel 64. FreeSports is available in Ireland on Sky channel 429.

“This is a landmark deal for Major League Wrestling,” said MLW CEO and founder Court Bauer. “FreeSports features some of the premier sports leagues in the world. This partnership is going to take MLW to the next level as we take the league global.”

Richard Webb, COO of FreeSports said: “There is a huge wrestling following in the UK and we are delighted to bring Major League Wrestling, the fastest growing wrestling league to UK viewers. UK wrestling fans will be already familiar with the Hart Foundation, the famous wrestling family as well as Davey Boy Smith Jr.’s father, the British Bulldog who are stars in the promotion.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/mlw-announces-new-tv-deal-for-the-uk-and-ireland

This is good for MLW but Freesports is the dirt worst. I've tried to watch MLS games on there but the broadcast quality is so poor. It's like watching late 90's TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Meltzer reported earlier that Ronda suffered a pretty badly broken hand during the Main Event last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watched episode 1 of the Mick Foley hosted documentary series Dark Side of the Ring for Viceland in the States.

Episode one is about the death of Bruiser Brody.

It's out there is anyone is interested free to watch in there website of TV app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://www.1011now.com/content/news/WWE-star-assaulted-by-Nebraska-Man-508234981.html

So, the guy who attacked Bret Hart at the HOF seems to have previous in doing weird stuff. In another report there is a WWE security guard who was named, which I've taken to mean he didn't just walk past security he did something similar to the guard in order to get to the stage.

Wasn't there a stalker down at NXT with a gun a few years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wasn't there a stalker down at NXT with a gun a few years ago?

There was a guy down at NXT but don't remember a gun being involved.

He didn't have a gun he had a knife the cops shot him.

Floirda deputy shoots Armando Montalvo in confrontation outside WWE facility
    A man who cops said was “fixated” with female WWE wrestler A.J. Lee was shot in Florida after allegedly charging cops with a knife outside the WWE Performance Center, according to police, WFTV reports.

Armando Montalvo, 29, of Orlando, was taken to the hospital and underwent surgery for what Sheriff Jerry Demings said were “life-threatening” injuries, CNN reports.

Montalvo was allegedly outside the facility Monday night despite the fact that Lee, Pro-Wrestling Illustrated’s Woman of the Year, was not even performing. Deming said that two plainclothes cops responded to a call from facility staff that a man was causing “a commotion,” and “had some type of knife.”

The officers drew their weapons upon arriving, Deming said, at which point Montalvo allegedly charged.

“He’s running backyards trying to create distance between he and the ultimately the subject closes within just a few feet and he fires one shot at that time,” Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said in a press conference.

Both Corporal Steve Wahl and Deputy Dave Richardson were involved in the confrontation with Montalvo and have been placed on administrative leave. It was unclear as of press time who fired the gunshot.

According to Demings, Montalvo had caused problems at the facility in the past, causing officials there to hire off-duty deputies for extra security.

The WWE previously filed an injunction to keep Montalvo off the property after he allegedly vandalized the building with feces and urine, WFTV reports.

The altercation on Monday was the third incident between cops and Montalvo this month, Demings said. On Aug. 4, he was arrested for tresspassing.

A man who works next door to the WWE facility said that Montalvo had threatened people at the facility two weeks ago, WFTV reports.

“The crazy guy came in and was swinging a chain up in the air and apparently he came back [Monday] and got shot,” Luis Rivera told the station.

Elvis Kalicharan, whose known Montalvo for 15 years, told WFTV, “He’s just a little kid, like mentally. He’s just a little kid, and he loves wrestling.”

He added, “We didn’t think it was going to end up like this.”

The WWE released a statement, saying, “Unfortunately a deranged individual with no WWE affiliation, who had a court order prohibiting him from being on WWE property, was involved in an incident with an Orange County Sheriff s deputy in the parking lot of the WWE Performance Center.”

https://people.com/crime/fan-obsessed-with-wrestler-a-j-lee-shot-by-cops-at-wwe-event/

Bastista officially announces his retirement from wrestling.

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/1115167257515184128

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Noooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Must be due to that horrific injury to his nose last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

they botched that too as u could see he reversed the studs that hold ring inside nose...u can see triple H grab nose ring from ref too :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Didn't see that coming, but he'll survive comfortably.

• Advertisement

would not like this to happen hate when mania is mostly bright like it was for mania 31 with the time zone in LA

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/1115403155431464960

would not like this to happen hate when mania is mostly bright like it was for mania 31 with the time zone in LA

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/1115403155431464960

Don't worry, the show will be 12 - 13 hours long at the rate it's growing, there'll be plenty of it in the dark

Don't worry, the show will be 12 - 13 hours long at the rate it's growing, there'll be plenty of it in the dark

I only watched up to joe/Rey live then got the rest of it Monday and I’m a lot higher up on the 2nd half then most will be the only way to watch it for me from now on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Its so annoying how the one Mania we got Sting for, his entrance was in complete daylight

Takers entrance was weird when bright out, as was Bray Wyatts

If it has to be that side of the country I can only hope the stadium they plan on using has a roof like we’ve seen at the likes of 32

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

Apparently Dasha Fuentes has being let go from wwe.

Also, anyone know what the supposed incident backstage at wm involving Sasha was about? She no showed some us tv programme on monday apparently and they are furious with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

From reading Reddit, she said she couldn't make it due to personal reasons. Some online tabloid said the producers were furious with her and she'd never be invited again. Then the show aired and the presenter was fine with it and said she's welcome back anytime.

Storm in a teacup.

billy graham with solid advice for Kofi

https://twitter.com/GoodBrother454/status/1115934977819070466

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Every time I read something from Billy Graham I dislike him even more. The guy is a horrible person.

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Every time I read something from Billy Graham I dislike him even more. The guy is a horrible person.

the stuff he said about jericho is just crazy no wonder vince cut ties with him the stuff he says

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement