Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Yea i think they mentioned it his WWE doc about how much he was signed for

In that time it was nearly WCW level crazy as WWF weren't very profitable until EOY as of April 1999 iirc and he never made a difference to their bottom end during that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Necro wrote: »
    Ah the Hall of Pain angle was good in fairness. His run as WH champ was fairly decent imo.

He was really good in his last few years. Hall of pain absolute gun stuff. He also cut a superb "retirement" promo with Cena.

You look at that reign and then look at bland **** like Corbin and Drew. :(

Also great promo after winning his title.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Supposed lars comments on a forum and big e reply

https://twitter.com/chainsforalice/status/1125975711322333185?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    Supposed lars comments on a forum and big e reply

https://twitter.com/chainsforalice/status/1125975711322333185?s=20

Diplomatic response from Big E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Sponsors/Money Men have spoken so Vince will take notice now.
    “Dear Loyal Consumer,

Thank you for reaching out to Mars Wrigley Confectionery with your comments.

We learned of Lars Sullivan’s comments recently and share in your shock and disgust. As a values-based company, we find his behavior abhorrent and unacceptable. We have engaged the WWE to discuss this situation and seek to understand what actions they will take to swiftly address this matter.
    We hope this information is helpful and wish you a great day!

Your Friends at Mars Wrigley Confectionery”

Wrestler Silver King dies after 'collapsing in ring at London show'

The former WCW star, who starred opposite Jack Black in 2006 comedy Nacho Libre, had been performing at the Roundhouse in Camden.

Former WCW wrestler Silver King has died after reportedly collapsing in the ring during a show in London.

The 51-year-old, who starred opposite Hollywood star Jack Black in the 2006 comedy Nacho Libre, had been performing at the Roundhouse in Camden on Saturday evening.

Organisers of the Lucha Libre show confirmed his death as tributes poured in for the Mexican, whose real name was Cesar Barron

According to Camden New Journal, Silver King's co-performers did not initially realise there was a problem after he collapsed following a kick to the side of his body.

He was turned over and counted out but when he failed to recover, a team of medics rushed on stage, the newspaper said.

Fans chanted "Silver, Silver" before the audience was told there would be a short break but the venue was cleared out shortly afterwards, it was reported.

A member of the audience told the Camden New Journal: "It seemed to be part of the show at first but then he didn't get up - and then the medical team was on the stage.

https://news.sky.com/story/wrestler-silver-king-dies-after-collapsing-in-ring-at-london-show-11717703

Very sad to hear. He's also Dr. Wagner Jr's brother too.

Jesus that’s terrible rip

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I can't believe the ref or juventud didn't realise there was something wrong. It's terrible sad that if people had acted quicker he might still be alive. RIP Silver King.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Saw the video. Shocking response. Amateur hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sounds a similar reaction to the perro aguayo jr incident.

Remember how during the Hall Of Fame ceremony when Itsoeasy was reading into Seth & Becky being sat together, well good sir, you were right all along, as Seth has officially confirmed it on Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Remember how during the Hall Of Fame ceremony when Itsoeasy was reading into Seth & Becky being sat together, well good sir, you were right all along, as Seth has officially confirmed it on Twitter.

What did Seth say? I seen Becky tag him in the tweet alright

MrMac84 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1127936093012340736

the guy in the background looking creepily on at them is gas think its the social media guy always see him in youtube videos

MrMac84 wrote: »

Yeah I saw the tweet involving herself and Beth and edge. What’s Seth said ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah I saw the tweet involving herself and Beth and edge. What’s Seth said ?

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1127936093012340736

Ah I’ve seen what Seth posted. Well that’s that then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How long before WWE use for a story, start tonight :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Seth and Becky vs Andrade and Charlotte coming up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah been pretty obvious for a while, good on em.
    Internet is going mad for them, relationships in the industry don't have the best track record but best of luck to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

ThePott wrote: »
    Yeah been pretty obvious for a while, good on em.
    Internet is going mad for them, relationships in the industry don't have the best track record but best of luck to them.

A proper power couple now. They seem like a good match from what you can tell from their public, non wrestling personas. Good luck to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Didn't watch the last Saudi show (not out of protest, just because the first one before it was absolutely terrible) and I don't think I'll miss much skipping this one. Hopefully Taker/Goldberg is quick and painless.

Wouldn't rule it out and I wouldn't be totally against it. Rare to have two world champions and two of the most popular wrestlers in a relationship. You'd have to make a power couple heel though. It would be something different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rare to have two world champions and two of the most popular wrestlers in a relationship. You'd have to make a power couple heel though. It would be something different.

Is Seth as over as Becky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

J. Marston wrote: »
    Hopefully Taker/Goldberg is quick and painless.

Yikes didn't see that match confirmed until now, what a train wreck that will be. Could see it turning into a tag match after interference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think so. There isn't much to split Seth/Kofi/Becky right now but I'd say Seth is still the most popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was expecting a son in law comment after his comments about Becky's mom

Pre Mania no, post Mania yes but its like saying El Torito is taller than Swoggle as both along with Kofi haven't much steam atm

I see it's being reported this evening Sheamus may be forced to be retire which is quite sad.

HoF all the way.

• Advertisement

I see it's being reported this evening Sheamus may be forced to be retire which is quite sad.

HoF all the way.
    Didn’t he have the same thing as edge had ? I can’t remember the medical name for it atm but it’s a narrowing of the spinal cord, or the area around it. Nailed on HOFer if it’s true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Didn’t he have the same thing as edge had ? I can’t remember the medical name for it atm but it’s a narrowing of the spinal cord, or the area around it. Nailed on HOFer if it’s true.

Spinal Stenosis i think its called.

Ya, i've seen this ailment being mentioned for him for over 12 months now. Surprised to see him last as long as he has. Little wonder he was placed in a tag team with this going on.

Didn't Sheamus break his neck very early on his career too?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Spinal stenosis, I think.

These Sheamus rumours have been around for quite a while. Even with a reported concussion post Mania it's strange that he's barely wrestled solo in the last few years so while it might be publically denied but there is likely something to them.

Havent had a chance to read this yet but should be interesting read

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1128286354545291265?s=20

I'm sorry but this line in the interview is clearly fluff/stroking Vince's ego.
    keep up with the soap opera-like storylines that McMahon and his team craft with great care.

They do not craft their stories with great care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I'm sorry but this line in the interview is clearly fluff/stroking Vince's ego.

They do not craft their stories with great care.

I doubt the Variety profile writers hold WWE storylines to the same scrutiny as boards, Twitter etc. :pac:

leggo wrote: »
    I doubt the Variety profile writers hold WWE storylines to the same scrutiny as boards, Twitter etc. :pac:

i doubt they watched a minute of wrestling for this article

Is it a fluff piece paid for by the WWE or do they follow up on the John Oliver stuff I wonder.

• Advertisement

It took them a while, but WWE have fined Lars Sullivan $100,000 for his recently unearthed comments and will be required to complete sensitivity training.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2019/05/14/wwe-fines-lars-sullivan-100000-for-past-bigoted-comments/#36238572604e

That sensitivity training will be a waste of time considering that Hogan's back on their books.

It took them a while, but WWE have fined Lars Sullivan $100,000 for his recently unearthed comments and will be required to complete sensitivity training.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2019/05/14/wwe-fines-lars-sullivan-100000-for-past-bigoted-comments/#36238572604e

That sensitivity training will be a waste of time considering that Hogan's back on their books.

We know WWE wouldn't have done a thing if one of their big sponsors hadn't gotten involved.

We know WWE wouldn't have done a thing if one of their big sponsors hadn't gotten involved.

Well thankfully one got involved and forced their hand.

ERG89 wrote: »
    These Sheamus rumours have been around for quite a while. Even with a reported concussion post Mania it's strange that he's barely wrestled solo in the last few years so while it might be publically denied but there is likely something to them.

The sheamus rumours have been around for a bit but they haven't gone away either. The issue that he's supposed to have(I say supposed because I've never heard it confirmed by him) is as has been said spinal stenosis and we've seen the good ways it's worked out with edge retiring before something serious happened in the ring. We've also seen the potential for a serious incident to happen in ring in what happened to sting during his match with seth Rollins at night of champions a few years ago.

i doubt they watched a minute of wrestling for this article

Vince probably told them; going by his promos I doubt he remembers what he had for breakfast :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sheamus is still in Dublin anyways , he was out at Coach Kavannaghs gym earlier

All this is very interesting if true really sounds like it’s a madman on top like we all assume

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/triple-h-is-reportedly-the-most-frustrated-person-in-wwe/

All this is very interesting if true really sounds like it’s a madman on top like we all assume

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/triple-h-is-reportedly-the-most-frustrated-person-in-wwe/

It's an interesting look, clearly Vince hasn't a god damn clue what he's doing.

Just reading some of the points from that link and if that's true then no wonder the atmosphere is reportedly so bad backstage. I mean why would ye bother trying if vince seems to be saying no all the time.

• Advertisement

Just reading some of the points from that link and if that's true then no wonder the atmosphere is reportedly so bad backstage. I mean why would ye bother trying if vince seems to be saying no all the time.

And if trips, Steph and Bruce ain’t getting through there’s no chance anyone will

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement