Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote: »
    What would HHH's Impact name be? Best answer wins a coveted "thanks".

HGH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

“The Celibate Assassin”, “No Game”, Triple Chaste.

You have to make a gimmick out of it, otherwise there’s no challenge. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Me_Grapes

Paul the Hunter

Gimmick:: A modern day Skinner who just heading down to Florida to hunt ‘gators and anything thing else who gets in his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Theo Ryzing. Gimmick is similar to The Genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Have him run this gimmick again right down to bringing back Scorch/Vito Carlucci

Change the Pedigree to Draculas Elevator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

What would HHH's Impact name be? Best answer wins a coveted "thanks".

hhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

HHHH (or Quad H)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Hhh but it's spelt backwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think naitch is trying to get booked on the next saudi show

https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/1134451365789331456?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So old Jimmy Cornette went and reviewed Double Or Nothing, and as old man Jim does, he went and put his foot in it. He went and disparaged Sonny Kiss, why? Who the hell knows, but it drew the ire of Sonny's fiancé.

https://twitter.com/TheShooterKM/status/1134198998837989383

• Advertisement

Some cliff notes from Jon Moxley's interview with Wade Keller. It's a Part 1 of 2.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/pwtorch/20190601wkpwp-int-mox1
    Confirms he's gone "off script" before. Said he had Vince chasing him down the hallway one week in Atlanta to yell at him for going off script. Says he didn't do it often (even though, during the final few months, he knew he could get away with it) because he was afraid a writer or producer would get fired.

Says the wrestlers aren't afraid of losing their jobs- they know they have job security. The writers and producers, however, fear for their jobs. Creates "a weird dynamic" between wrestlers and writers.

Says "writers" shouldn't exist in wrestling. Their job shouldn't exist in wrestling because no one knows the characters better than the wrestlers themselves.

Feels his biggest weapon is the fact "he can talk", and that was immediately taken away when he got to the WWE.

Says, today, guys like Dusty Rhodes and Roddy Piper wouldn't have gotten the chance to sound better on the mic than Baron Corbin because of the way everyone is scripted. Everyone is on an even playing field. Says if Austin, in his prime, came into WWE in 2019 we wouldn't have "Austin: 316".

Jon says that every performer is different in WWE. Says not everybody feels the way he does. Says they know how to book people strong "when they want to book people strong". There are probably a lot of people who are very happy. And there are probably people that feel like him.

Vince "is the problem" where the product is concerned. Verbatim- "I mean, everyone seems to like NXT. And what's the key ingredient that's missing? Vinny". Suggests they let Hunter run things for a month and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The the best promo he has given since joining the WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Drunk Balor is a gimmick change I can get behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

sky88 wrote: »

I wonder will Finn get some abuse for this. In this day and age people are so judgmental and easily outraged that I wouldn't be surprised if there's uproar over it with people saying Finn was out of order to kiss her, or he should have acted more appropriately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I wonder will Finn get some abuse for this. In this day and age people are so judgmental and easily outraged that I wouldn't be surprised if there's uproar over it with people saying Finn was out of order to kiss her, or he should have acted more appropriately.

She’s his girlfriend it seems so I don’t think she was too unhappy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Finn Balor for everyone especially if they are hot presenters.

Thought you were on about him being a Spurs fan at first :pac::pac::pac:

Pentecost wrote: »
    She’s his girlfriend it seems so I don’t think she was too unhappy!

Ah fair enough. Didn't catch that about them being together.

Ah fair enough. Didn't catch that about them being together.

Yeah I think that was a bit of a public unveiling, though there was a good bit of Twitter liking on his part etc.

• Advertisement

Part 2 of Jon Moxley's interview with Wade Keller, some cliff notes, including the Lesnar match, the Stone Cold Podcast.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/pwtorch/20190602wkpwp-int-mox2-pgedit?utm_medium=widget&utm_source=user%3A4464432&utm_term=episode_title
    He feels like Hayes and Noble are two of the producers who know what they're doing and loves the creative and freedom in AEW

There's writers that have amazing ideas but don't go to Vince because they know it'll be shot down

SummerSlam was supposed to end with Shield interrupting Strowmans cash in and it was Brocks idea to change it and that's why it happened the next night. He described it as Brock shooting it down and people just standing there not saying anything, said the writers worked hard on coming up with an epic ending for SummerSlam but instead it ended with Roman winning and Strowman looking like an idiot.

http://nodq.com/news/561482787.shtml

I have to say I’m actually quite enjoying these 24/7 title shenanigans and the use of social media. As said above Jinder turning up in his gear was a nice touch.

The idea of bringing a ref to count the pin would be crazy. Like if I was a superstar and see Truth walking down the street, I would have go find a ref before I could do anything.
    Would make more sense to have refs assigned to the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The idea of bringing a ref to count the pin would be crazy. Like if I was a superstar and see Truth walking down the street, I would have go find a ref before I could do anything.
    Would make more sense to have refs assigned to the title

I think it’s way funnier to imagine Jinder flying around, in full gear, with a ref beside him just in case tbh. It’s not supposed to be taken seriously and analysed like. The entire premise is ridiculous and meant to be. Why are rollups now unstoppable, for example? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

leggo wrote: »
    Why are rollups now unstoppable, for example? :pac:

You see, WWE Superstars have trained and competed within the confines of wrestling rings and the feel of the canvas is much different to that of an outside and foreign environment. As someone who has wrestled, I'm sure you can appreciate that Mr Leggo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ah yes of course, 'The Environment Paradigm', I remember that class well! :pac:

24/7 Championship makes me think of the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship from DDT Pro-Wrestling. Just a comedy title really that doesn't really need to be analysed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I really hope they pin someone while they're asleep in their hotel room, and have them waking up realising they lost the title

Several segments across Raw some weeks would be fun too, it's such a silly thing but it would actually give you something to look forward to throughout Raw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I really hope they pin someone while they're asleep in their hotel room, and have them waking up realising they lost the title

Several segments across Raw some weeks would be fun too, it's such a silly thing but it would actually give you something to look forward to throughout Raw

They did something like that with the hardcore title when it had the 24/7 rule. I definitely remember someone trying to pin someone who was asleep and the ref whispering the count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    They did something like that with the hardcore title when it had the 24/7 rule. I definitely remember someone trying to pin someone who was asleep and the ref whispering the count.

Even better... it was the commentators whispering the play-by-play. Add that to a euphorically silent Gerald Briscoe celebrating and, well, it's the greatest piece of television ever seen.

Ah here thats brilliant, showing my age not knowing of that

So many silly things can be done, someone should definitely start live streaming randomly on Facebook or Twitch while going after the belt, the possibilities are endless and it shouldnt be just another belt where its im the best ill fight anyone

A good chickensh1t heel could do wonders as well

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1135590421504167936?s=19

Bully Ray had a fan brought backstage by Delirious seemingly at an ROH show this past weekend. The fan had a back & forth with Delirious & Ray's girlfriend's which involved insults, gestures & spitting (by Mandy Leon).
    The latest in ROH's public embarrassment & hopefully leads to a few dismissals.
    Bully used the sexism excuse, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

5 name changes coming
    And they're perfect for shortening if they make the main roster... *Insertrolleyes.jpeg

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=126940

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1135590421504167936?s=19

Bully Ray had a fan brought backstage by Delirious seemingly at an ROH show this past weekend. The fan had a back & forth with Delirious & Ray's girlfriend's which involved insults, gestures & spitting (by Mandy Leon).
    The latest in ROH's public embarrassment & hopefully leads to a few dismissals.
    Bully used the sexism excuse, of course.

if thats true that is just so ridiculous

always thought there was reason as to why dvon is an agent in wwe and bully isnt than just him wanting to wrestle

im surprised he didnt use the old im just from a different era its the way we use to do things but hes a well know ahole

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

https://wrestletalk.com/news/exclusive-wwe-holding-womens-tryout-in-uk-this-week/

Looks like a few Irish women could be NXT UK bound if the tryouts go well this weekend.

Debbie Keitel, Valkyrie and possibly Session Moth.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    5 name changes coming
    And they're perfect for shortening if they make the main roster... *Insertrolleyes.jpeg

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=126940

I'm assuming "Rik Bugez" will be pronounced "Rick Boogies"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ThePott wrote: »
    https://wrestletalk.com/news/exclusive-wwe-holding-womens-tryout-in-uk-this-week/

Looks like a few Irish women could be NXT UK bound if the tryouts go well this weekend.

Debbie Keitel, Valkyrie and possibly Session Moth.

Session Moth's gimmick would not translate well even to the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Loughc wrote: »

Except she got decent pops in the US at Joey Janelas events and has been pretty successful in the UK too, with Wrestle Crate even bringing out special figures for her.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »

Probably a name change at best..

Loughc wrote:

Like most signings with WWE her name has a shred of buzz so they'll sign her & be paid to work the shows they'll ask her to work with the British promotions that'll individually die off once or if NXT UK gets some proper traction.

Aleister Black's reply to a now deleted tweet from someone at Whatculture.

https://twitter.com/WWEAleister/status/1135680500662710274

The whatcture guy just tweeted ‘nice kick for a pu$$y’ under a tweet by Black kicking Murphy

What a dumbass, there’s only a couple decent people left at WC and he’s ruining things for them, what good outcome could his tweet have had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Black shut that down in a very measured way while hitting him with a zinger. Zelina's response (or one aspect of it) seemed petty though, in my opinion...

https://twitter.com/Zelina_VegaWWE/status/1135742684948312064

https://twitter.com/Zelina_VegaWWE/status/1135742726715203584

Wrestlers getting pissy about fans using "wrestler lingo" has always rubbed me the wrong way. Of course people can be obnoxious with it but it has been out there in the internet forever now. People are gonna use it. I don't know why some wrestlers treat it like ancient sacred text.

Black shut that down in a very measured way while hitting him with a zinger. Zelina's response (or one aspect of it) seemed petty though, in my opinion...

https://twitter.com/Zelina_VegaWWE/status/1135742684948312064

https://twitter.com/Zelina_VegaWWE/status/1135742726715203584

Wrestlers getting pissy about fans using "wrestler lingo" has always rubbed me the wrong way. Of course people can be obnoxious with it but it has been out there in the internet forever now. People are gonna use it. I don't know why some wrestlers treat it like ancient sacred text.

a lot of people were saying zelina response was about the bully ray thing not black but who knows.

would agree that black had a brilliant response

00a084ee-17bf-4d20-8391-69f40adad7a9.gif

Couldn't resist. Even though I agree about wrestlers being overly petty. Honestly had forgotten all about Whatculture covering wrestling & kinda wish it stayed forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

I don't know baout the Session Moth thing but it looks like David Starr has launched a promotion called We The Independent or something and posted a picture with her wearing a tee so maybe she won't be trying out or signing but who knows.

EDIT- Also been a suggestion that it's some sort of union.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Is Big E wasted in his New Day role? Dude has shown he's charismatic as hell.

When he was in NXT, he was Super Over with the 5 count gimmick etc. He's proven he can talk, and can go in the ring.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement