Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Randy seems like too much of a company guy to leave and must be on really good money as it is. I'd love to see him go somewhere for a few years and absolute bästard heel Orton would be a better fit than Jericho to be that big name guy to be champion when they go to TV.

Doubt Rusev will leave because while he would be welcomed in AEW I doubt they'd give Lana a contract.

Don't the Hardy's have a show on the Network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think Jeff has said in the past they have always wanted to end their careers in WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I don't think they have any health care.

Yup, I thought they did but seems it's only the executives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Yup, I thought they did but seems it's only the executives

I think in-ring injuries are taken care of (big things) are paid for by WWE but the smaller niggly things, that get worse and can cause even bigger problems, aren't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Seth Rollins has criticised Dean Ambrose for his post WWE interviews. He will probably get a lot if shít for doing doing so but he does also say nice things about him and makes some good points too I think.

"Ambrose can do what he wants," Rollins said (H/T to Bleacher Report). "He's a big boy, he's got his big boy pants on. He can go out there and say whatever he wants, but the bottom line is not everybody's equipped to handle the rigors of WWE and the schedule and how it affects you mentally and emotionally. And Ambrose gave everything he had to the company for the entire time he was here. He put his heart and soul into the travel, into the schedule, into the injuries, into the work in the ring and all that stuff. But at the end of the day, he took his ball and he went home, or he went elsewhere at least. And I think it's a little presumptuous of him to get on a podcast and talk down about the company that gave him such an opportunity."
    Rollins went on about his love for the former Dean Ambrose, but said they share different perspectives about life. Rollins acknowledged that Moxley did talk about some of the good experiences with WWE, like meeting wife Renee Young, but Rollins still took issue with how Moxley expressed his thoughts. Rollins noted that he's kept tabs on Moxley and he knows Moxley is doing very well for himself in post-WWE life.
    "And like I said, I love the guy. I love him, I'll always love him, but at the end of the day, we just share different perspectives about what we want out of life and about where we're at in our own lives," Rollins said. "I hope that he does well. I've kept enough tabs on him to know that he's doing super well for himself right now and I'm happy for that, but I just don't think there's any reason to hop on a soapbox and complain after the fact. You need to take the first step, and that's looking in the mirror and asking yourself did you do every single thing you possibly could to make yourself and your situation what you want it to be, and if the answer is yes you did, then you can go elsewhere and complain. If that's where he's at mentally then go right ahead, but if he hasn't done that, he hasn't looked in the mirror and made that decision, then maybe he should think about that. That goes for any other disgruntled talent past or present."
    The big topic coming out of Moxley's first post-WWE interview with Jericho was how he had issues with Vince McMahon and WWE's heavily-scripted creative process, wondering if Vince should be calling the shots still. Rollins talked about how some talents, those who have that power, should speak up and be heard. Rollins, noting that he's happy with the amount of input he has and with the overall process, also pointed to the experience of the WWE Chairman.
    "Absolutely I'm satisfied with it because I make a point to be satisfied with it," Rollins said of the creative process. "I make a point to contribute my ideas and my thoughts, and if I feel strongly about something the way it should be or the way it should be portrayed, then I will make my voice heard. And look, not everybody gets that leeway. And also, not everybody should get that leeway. That's not how it works. You have to build equity with your audience, with your boss, with your co-workers. You have to build equity over time and then you can get the leeway to have that kind of say in your story if that's your complaint. Or you can just stand up for yourself and do it instead of going on somewhere else and b---hing about it. I'm very satisfied with the amount of input I have. Do I do things that I don't always want to do? Yes, but you know what, sometimes that stuff works because I can't see things perfectly every single time. I don't have the perspective that other people around me have. Vince McMahon has been doing this 20 years longer than I've been alive. So he's got some ideas and he knows things that I just don't know that I have to learn."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I don't think they have any health care.

Health cover not health care. WWE are (normally) always pretty good with allowing talent get surgeries or heal.
    If a wrestler gets injured outside WWE they may have to grit it out a bit for a minor injury & if a wrestler signed to AEW gets hurt at a non-AEW partnered show it's going to be interesting to see how they approach it. Marko Stunt & Joey Janella got pretty bad injuries just before they joined so who knows.

Look at someone like Dalton Castle who is in a prominent position in ROH but held together by duct tape & strings for a year now or Cabana who couldn't afford a minor surgery (which was quoted at some insane price by John Pollock last week) so is healing it by rest.

New Japan I love it but you can tell when certain guys there are hurting at times. That doesn't happen in WWE as much anymore. I saw a video the other day of Austin winning a match & he looked physically a wreck after it; this was a few years before retirement; I think those days are gone now. The company is more covering their own asses than genuinely caring IMO but it's been that way since guys got career ending injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Seth Rollins has criticised Dean Ambrose for his post WWE interviews. He will probably get a lot if shfor doing doing so but he does also say nice things about him and makes some good points too I think.

I mentioned it on another forum, but this reminds me of the time Stone Cold Steve Austin "took his ball and went home" back in 2002. How WWE buried him when he walked out, and even friends like The Rock and Jim Ross buried him a little. Now Rollins is saying Ambrose took his ball and went home, and criticizes him. Smells like a WWE spin-job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I mentioned it on another forum, but this reminds me of the time Stone Cold Steve Austin "took his ball and went home" back in 2002. How WWE buried him when he walked out, and even friends like The Rock and Jim Ross buried him a little. Now Rollins is saying Ambrose took his ball and went home, and criticizes him. Smells like a WWE spin-job.
    That's exactly what it is, it's how WWE operate. If someone criticises them publicly they do the same back. It happened only a month or two ago with Lio Rush, they got Mark Henry & Booker T to respond publicly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Rollins is losing his mind. This meltdown is tremendous stuff. He's so deluded about himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just need Moxley now to be the bigger man and say nothing bad and keep saying positives thing about them like has been doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's a bad look for the biggest champion and supposedly the guy to be arguing with the likes of Wade Keller on Twitter about being the best wrestler around.

Becky needs to reign him in and tell him to keep the Twitter shít talk kayfabe and keep it to feuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ospreay has t-shirts from Rollins's Little Guy dig made, they'll be on sale until July 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's a bad look for the biggest champion and supposedly the guy to be arguing with the likes of Wade Keller on Twitter about being the best wrestler around.

Becky needs to reign him in and tell him to keep the Twitter shít talk kayfabe and keep it to feuds.

He's come across as a right stooge. Rollins just isn't the bloke that should be the face of the company.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That this airs 30 minutes before AEW's Fight for the Fallen show is pure coincidence, I'm sure....

https://www.wwe.com/article/evolve-10th-anniversary-special-to-stream-live-on-wwe-network?sf214900004=1

As first reported by The Wrap, WWE today announced that EVOLVE Wrestling’s 10th Anniversary Celebration will stream live around the world on WWE Network on Saturday, July 13, at 8 ET/5 PT from 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, Pa.

EVOLVE’s 10th Anniversary Celebration will feature the return of EVOLVE alumni, as Adam Cole will defend the NXT Championship against WWE Superstar Akira Tozawa, and WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak will face NXT Superstar Matt Riddle. In addition, EVOLVE’s 10th Anniversary Celebration will feature NXT Superstars Arturo Ruas and Babatunde, EVOLVE Champion Austin Theory, EVOLVE Tag Team Champions Joe Gacy and Eddie Kingston, WWN Champion JD Drake and many more. Additional matches will be announced in the near future.

This is Wikipedia's description of Fight for the Fallen.
    Fight for the Fallen will feature professional wrestling matches that involve different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portray villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that build tension and culminate in a wrestling match or series of matches

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AEW_Fight_for_the_Fallen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That this airs 30 minutes before AEW's Fight for the Fallen show is pure coincidence, I'm sure....

https://www.wwe.com/article/evolve-10th-anniversary-special-to-stream-live-on-wwe-network?sf214900004=1

As first reported by The Wrap, WWE today announced that EVOLVE Wrestling’s 10th Anniversary Celebration will stream live around the world on WWE Network on Saturday, July 13, at 8 ET/5 PT from 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, Pa.

EVOLVE’s 10th Anniversary Celebration will feature the return of EVOLVE alumni, as Adam Cole will defend the NXT Championship against WWE Superstar Akira Tozawa, and WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak will face NXT Superstar Matt Riddle. In addition, EVOLVE’s 10th Anniversary Celebration will feature NXT Superstars Arturo Ruas and Babatunde, EVOLVE Champion Austin Theory, EVOLVE Tag Team Champions Joe Gacy and Eddie Kingston, WWN Champion JD Drake and many more. Additional matches will be announced in the near future.

Fight for the Fallen will be free or you can pay ten bux for a WWE Network sub to watch an NXT/205 Live houseshow with some Evolve guys in the undercard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Fight for the Fallen will be free or you can pay ten bux for a WWE Network sub to watch an NXT/205 Live houseshow with some Evolve guys in the undercard.

Isn't it a tenner for Fight for the Fallen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't know why, but every time I see Fight For the Fallen, all I think of is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Man this is sad 2 friends ending up like this

https://twitter.com/mikepwinsider/status/1143998429225521154?s=21

Punk is a vindictive fúcker, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Punk is a vindictive fúcker, in my opinion.
    Yeah good wrestler, not all that great of a person it seems.

sky88 wrote: »
    Man this is sad 2 friends ending up like this

https://twitter.com/mikepwinsider/status/1143998429225521154?s=21

Didn't Colt sue Punk already, so Punk is counter sueing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

Didn't Colt sue Punk already, so Punk is counter sueing?
    My very basic not legal at all understanding is that Colt sued Punk because Punk basically seemingly said that Cabana would have his legal fees paid in the lawsuit through a vague message that said something along the lines of 'You'll be covered'. However as costs got higher Punk told Colt he was on his own with some of the fees.

Cabana sued to get the cost of the legal fees. I believe a judge stated that the text or message was not sufficient evidence that Punk was on the hook for all the costs.

Punk is now suing Colt for the fees he did cover arguing that Cabana had income from the podcast and that his appearance gave the podcast it's highest numbers ever and that he should pay legal fees.

Again this is only me recapping from memory so if someone can correct please do. The main takeaway is that Punk looks a d1ck here, which is no surprise. I love the guy as a character and a wrestler but he seems a real arsewipe. Also sad that two people who were such good friends has come to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I think Colt has sued Punk twice and had the case thrown out and he is now in the process of a third lawsuit, this one from Punk seems to be a reaction to lawsuit no.3.

Whatever went down between the 2 must have been seriously bad to mess up their friendship that badly, must be more than just Cabana hanging out backstage at a wwe show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Never been a fan of Punk personally, I remember getting serious amounts of grief when I criticised him after that podcast came out, then a lot of people came around to the same view. BUT...we also don’t know the circumstances here. It’s very simplistic to look at it as “Cabana = seems sound = must be the good guy and Punk = rich = must be the bad guy”. But this is a falling out with close mates about money, you’d really need to hear both sides to be able to pick a side, these things are complicated and messy. Maybe we’ll get that if the trial details go public, maybe we won’t. But it does seem really sad whatever the case.

Another shake-up for WWE. Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff will take over the running of TV and have been given executive director roles in WWE. Heyman on Raw, Bischoff on Smackdown. Off-screen roles but both will be reporting to Vince...

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/06/27/wwe-paul-heyman-monday-night-raw-eric-bischoff-smackdown-live-vince-mcmahon?utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com

Pretty big news. First steps to Vince phasing himself out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Another shake-up for WWE. Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff will take over the running of TV and have been given executive director roles in WWE. Heyman on Raw, Bischoff on Smackdown. Off-screen roles but both will be reporting to Vince...

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/06/27/wwe-paul-heyman-monday-night-raw-eric-bischoff-smackdown-live-vince-mcmahon?utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com

They’ll be fired/quit within 6 months is my guess! Vince runs everything I just think he wants scapegoats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

On their own, Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff are not as good as they might think they are, and are just as slimy as Vince McMahon tends to be. Under Vince though, I actually think having Heyman and Bischoff would do well in their jobs as executives. They've got tons of experience and knowledge and both had their good points as well, but with Vince running things they have none of the accountability so it's all good for them because they'll get paid for it. It's Vince who is taking the risk bringing them in with the hopes they'll help to improve things.

Now i'm just waiting to hear that they're bringing back Jim Cornette and Vince Russo and then they'll have a full house of old has beens. Imagine Bruce Prichard, Eric Bischoff, Paul Heyman, Jim Cornette and Vince Russo under the watchful eye of Vince McMahon.

Looking back to try and go forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Tony Schiavone to become new 205 commentator and J.R. to launch WWE BBQ sauce just to finish off Conrad podcast business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

It's crazy stuff.

Old **** is a big part of the problems with WWE at the moment so they double down on old ****.

It's what Vince does. Heyman was great on Smackdown but that was 15 years ago now & Bischoff is living off a reputation that had peaked in 1997/98. A bit like Pritchard coming back it's a bit of a sign of the times really & won't change much Vince will be in charge 100%.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ERG89 wrote: »
    It's what Vince does. Heyman was great on Smackdown but that was 15 years ago now & Bischoff is living off a reputation that had peaked in 1997/98. A bit like Pritchard coming back it's a bit of a sign of the times really & wont change much.

I rather those 3 names involved than Dana Warrior and failed Soap opera writers who don’t know an armbar from their arse.

How they aren't all over Matt Hardy for a creative position is beyond me.

Loughc wrote: »
    I rather those 3 names involved than Dana Warrior and failed Soap opera writers who don’t know an armbar from their arse.

I dunno Heyman has cut the same promo for 5 years & Bischoff has achieved nothing in the last 20 years other than playing a part in turning a profitable company into a closed one in 2 years. I wont even talk about what him & Hogan contributed to TNA.
    Sorry he did a podcast too to reminisce about his peak which is like something Alan Partridge would do.

I dunno Heyman has cut the same promo for 5 years & Bischoff has achieved nothing in the last 20 years other than playing a part in turning a profitable company into a closed one in 2 years. I wont even talk about what him & Hogan contributed to TNA.
    Sorry he did a podcast too to reminisce about his peak which is like something Alan Partridge would do.

He's bouncing back

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I never said they were the best choices but they are better than having failed soap opera writers writing Raw and Smackdown episodes.

He's bouncing back

He probably has to close Eric Tree productions cause he hasn't got a second podcast series.

Guess this also makes Jason Hervey his version Lynn.....

1998 is running wild brother!

As long as the wildcard rule is there I don't know if the changes will be too substantial. Hoping for the best of course but who knows if this will change things that much, Vince is still in charge.

• Advertisement

It had to be done, if they kept it going as it was they would be finished in 5 years. There was 1700 people at the Smackdown show on Tuesday.

OTT draw more than that.

They need to stop with this wild card sh1t now then.

Have two rosters separate and and let Heyman & Eric run their own brands with no interference.

But we know that won't happen.

Did anyone see the tommy dreamer comments for earlier today about being so down and depressed that he was thinking about shooting Heyman and himself at Wrestlemania 17 ? Imagine if that had happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Did anyone see the tommy dreamer comments for earlier today about being so down and depressed that he was thinking about shooting Heyman and himself at Wrestlemania 17 ? Imagine if that had happened ?

I did, and I'd rather not imagine such a scenario to be honest.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Itssoeasy wrote: »

I did, and I'd rather not imagine such a scenario to be honest.
    Oh believe me I’m delighted it didn’t happen and dreamer seems in a much better place now but would wwe even be a thing now if it had ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Crazy week in wrestling when that dreamer story is not being talked about

• Advertisement

Nah, Satin doesn't know anything. That NXT Fox thing was debunked months ago. They are doing a studio style "This Week in WWE" show on FS1.

Just finished The Wrestlers in Viceland and what a fantastic series.

Damian Abraham did a great job telling the diverse stories of wrestling and wrestlers from around the world.

Is it as good as Dark Side of the Ring?

I found it better and a lot more interesting.

It was filmed about two years ago so wrestlers have moved on a bit and you can see where they are now compared to then.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement