Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just started the first episode of The Wrestlers. Never saw Dark Side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Where would one find these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

EC3, Cesaro and Roode are apparently a faction now.

Their name?

The Mainevent Musclemen.

I'm sure they'll be as successful as all the great factions of the past, like 3MB and Spirit Squad. Probably less tv time though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

lawlolawl wrote: »
    The Mainevent Musclemen.

Assume that's the show Main Event and not an actual main event of a card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Speaking of Cesaro where is the big ginger lad ? Is he done in the ring bar the shouting ?

ERG89 wrote: »
    Assume that's the show Main Event and not an actual main event of a card.

You are correct in that assumption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Even the Musclemen would be a better name

Where’s Vince and his randomly shortening of names when you need him now

How about Main Event Mafia?

Nah, never mind. That'd be a stupid name.

On another note, since her tryout was mentioned here, the WWEPC youtube channel posted a video of the tryouts Session Moth took part in

Some good videos on their page. I knew there would be a Kacy reaction vid for Ricochet's win

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Wonder has this new faction any connection to Bray and his Muscleman dance.

Liking The Wrestlers series, only watched a couple and I like the way it's been put together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

J. Marston wrote: »

In his very next Tweet he claims he's "the best of the best doing it right now".

Delusional. He's a dollar store knock off of Omega and he's also a big part of the reason the ratings are tanking.

He's boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »

Blaming it on stubbornness, easy way to weasle out of saying he got rattled by Ospreay responding.

https://i.imgur.com/UUhNXdj.jpg

I love this pair of grifters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Delusional. He's a dollar store knock off of Omega and he's also a big part of the reason the ratings are tanking.

I don’t see how you’d get this. They wrestle a similar general style but lay out their matches completely differently, to the point I’d say they’d likely fundamentally disagree on some core aspects of wrestling. It’s ridiculous to say one is ripping off the other, nevermind the fact that the work Omega is known for came after Rollins was called up to the main roster so he’d have to be the one doing the ripping off if either is.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/127636/corey-graves-maria-mike-gallows-and-anderson-wwe-updates-and-more-from-backstage-at-raw.html?p=1

As far as the Mike & Maria stuff goes....yikes.
    Gallows & Anderson look to be staying. I'd a massive fear they'd return to New Japan & feud with Guerilla's of Destiny for a seriously awful tag title match run. Kinda hoping Tama Tonga & Tonga Loa go to WWE as they're miserable matches put me to sleep.

For AEW I'd be all in on getting Ortiz & Santana from Impact as they've been one of the best tag teams around the last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

In his very next Tweet he claims he's "the best of the best doing it right now".

He's boring.

You make wwe diehards seem unbiased which honestly is a talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

leggo wrote: »
    I don’t see how you’d get this. They wrestle a similar general style but lay out their matches completely differently, to the point I’d say they’d likely fundamentally disagree on some core aspects of wrestling. It’s ridiculous to say one is ripping off the other, nevermind the fact that the work Omega is known for came after Rollins was called up to the main roster so he’d have to be the one doing the ripping off if either is.

He also said the only reason Street Profits were on RAW is because Private Party had a good match on AEW's last show (well, on their pre-show). Mental.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    He also said the only reason Street Profits were on RAW is because Private Party had a good match on AEW's last show (well, on their pre-show). Mental.

Why else were they there?

They moved War Machine up when they were NXT tag champs and they had to drop the belts. Why would they do the exact same thing again with Street Profits?

Pure knee-jerk stuff.

Why else were they there?

Why were Gargano and Ciampa on Raw a while back only to disappear? Why was the Wildcard Rule put on and taken off? Why did Dark Raw last a week. Why do some wrestlers get name changes and some of them lose half their names altogether. Why does Vince do anything!?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why were Gargano and Ciampa on Raw a while back only to disappear? Why was the Wildcard Rule put on and taken off? Why did Dark Raw last a week. Why do some wrestlers get name changes and some of them lose half their names altogether. Why does Vince do anything!?

Ciampas neck exploded.

The Wildcard Rule was never actually a thing.

Name changes are done to avoid people googling someone currently on the roster and finding Youtube videos of them working much better somewhere else.

Vince does all this because he thinks he is the guy who runs all of wrestling and he can't handle the fact that his company is dying of stagnation.

Them being there would be worth it for the reaction on Vince's face when they were accidentally shown for a brief moment at the start of the show. Then seeing him see the Instagram post that must have been written by someone no longer in that role.

Fair to say they might as well have stayed at home instead of jive talking with Heyman in a segment that may as well have not happened.

Ciampas neck exploded.

Gargano. Why was he on?

The Wildcard Rule was never actually a thing.

Except it was.

Name changes are done to avoid people googling someone currently on the roster and finding Youtube videos of them working much better somewhere else.

Like Samoa Joe, Kushida, Bobby Roode, Ricochet, Drew Gulak etc etc etc...

Vince does all this because he thinks he is the guy who runs all of wrestling and he can't handle the fact that his company is dying of stagnation.

Private Party well save all of wrestling.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

sky88 wrote: »
    You make wwe diehards seem unbiased which honestly is a talent

He's working ye, brothers. His heel gimmick is just a little bit one-dimensional.

• Advertisement

Maria hasn't had a match since December 14th, 2009.

WWE just gave her a new 5 year deal and she instantly told them she was pregnant so she won't be wrestling for at least a year or two.

The true sign of a well run company that definitely knows what they are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The show was a bit better but still a lot absolute infuriating Vincement on it. Becky and Seth should never appear on screen together again. ZERO chemistry, completely unlikeable.

Need to put Balor into the False Bullet Club. He's at nothing, in fact, he hasn't done anything memorable yet.

The wildcard rule was mentioned last night as the reason New Day were there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The wildcard rule was mentioned last night as the reason New Day were there

Didn't Graves actually critise the wild card rule because of that?

Need to put Balor into the False Bullet Club. He's at nothing, in fact, he hasn't done anything memorable yet.

His WWE run has basically been retirement for him.

Not a single memorable story-line or match in 5 years and he is sporadically on TV but he's still getting paid. Fair play to him if that's what he wants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Davy05

His WWE run has basically been retirement for him.

Not a single memorable story-line or match in 5 years and he is sporadically on TV but he's still getting paid. Fair play to him if that's what he wants.

Do feck all and get paid? That's what we all want, ya mad thing!!

That's fine for him but do you not want him to be used to his potential? I mean, something good to do away from the never ending circle of 50/50 booking.

Lads he’s fine. A few months ago he was putting it up to Brock in the title match at the Rumble. Look at Becky: sometimes they’ll let you sit in the midcard but keep you strong with wins then see if something hits when they need you and your whole life changes. Same rules applied for Bryan, Punk, Austin, Rock, Cena etc. Balor is in that sweet spot and whether he gets over the line is up to him finding that bit of inspiration at the right time, which he’s more than capable of.

leggo wrote: »
    Lads he’s fine. A few months ago he was putting it up to Brock in the title match at the Rumble. Look at Becky: sometimes they’ll let you sit in the midcard but keep you strong with wins then see if something hits when they need you and your whole life changes. Same rules applied for Bryan, Punk, Austin, Rock, Cena etc. Balor is in that sweet spot and whether he gets over the line is up to him finding that bit of inspiration at the right time, which he’s more than capable of.

He's basically in cold storage so that neither NJPW or AEW can sign him.

I hope he manages to milk millions of blood money dollars out of WWE to do nothing and retire wealthy and healthy.

I have the same sentiment towards anyone else in the business who is just doing it to make "**** you" money. Go to the bad, boring wrestling monolith and take them for every penny whilst you do the bare minimum, if you even get the opportunity to be allowed to do that much.

He should be in the Bullet Club with AJ and taking the belt of Seth, face it, Seth is the worst champion in a long time. He's not a draw, nobody cares.

Heel Balor could be great, he's good enough to be a top guy and he really should be. Luckily Heyman loves him.

He should be in the Bullet Club with AJ and taking the belt of Seth, face it, Seth is the worst champion in a long time. He's not a draw, nobody cares.

Heel Balor could be great, he's good enough to be a top guy and he really should be. Luckily Heyman loves him.

None of that is going to happen.

Him turning heel wouldn't even matter any more because they never really bothered to establish a character for him in the 5 years he's been there. The viewer has never been given a reason to care about anything he does so it would have about as much impact as No Way Jose turning.

He's just yet another guy who was big somewhere else so WWE signed him to sell merch and keep him from making someone else money. That's about all the effort they are going to put into him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

jesus some people should not be allowed on youtube

never heard of that guy thankfully enough and lets hope i never do again

https://411mania.com/wrestling/john-cena-harassed-by-controversial-uk-personality-cena-tells-him-to-be-respectful/

sky88 wrote: »
    jesus some people should not be allowed on youtube

As seen above any clown can make a YouTube video in an attempt to find an audience as they dont really have a required standard.

Anyway in actual news AAA announced the TripleMania card yesterday.
    Includes a rematch of Fyter Fest with Lucha Bros, Laredo Kid vs Omega & The Young Bucks; for some reason Cody is teaming with Cain Velasquez & Psycho Clown. It's a shame a lot of talented wrestlers are thrown into huge multi man matches but that kinda happens every year.
    Last year was free to watch on Twitch so I expect this to be too

https://twitter.com/ReyFenixMx/status/1146155448925446144?s=19

That show is free on Twitch so well worth checking out for the Bucks and Kenny. The first match was great.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    As seen above any clown can make a YouTube video in an attempt to find an audience as they dont really have a required standard.

Yeah but, clowns are meant to be funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So I read that FOX want Trump on an episode of Smackdown.

With Trump I really wouldn't be surprised if he did turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So I read that FOX want Trump on an episode of Smackdown.

With Trump I really wouldn't be surprised if he did turn up

via Satellite, Live from Washington D.C

:pac:

So I see that Paige said in an interview she wanted WWE to sign her brothers to NXT UK and her parents as producers. She did later say it was as a joke but are things not as Rosey in their promotion in Norwich as we think it is ? Also, isn't one of her brothers a complete head the ball ? Why would WWE want any of her family near NXT UK ? I mean Paige is lucky she is still part of the company being honest.

Didn't WWE sort of turn a blind eye to Paige having a drug problem and also getting knocked around by ADR?

Didn't WWE sort of turn a blind eye to Paige having a drug problem and also getting knocked around by ADR?
    Well it's a weird one and I'm not sure anyone else would have gotten the breaks she got. She was suspended twice for wellness violations and there was the whole issue of the leaks but WWE probably rightly decided the people affected weren't to blame. The fact the rock decided to make a film about her life has definitely helped her.

Well it's a weird one and I'm not sure anyone else would have gotten the breaks she got. She was suspended twice for wellness violations and there was the whole issue of the leaks but WWE probably rightly decided the people affected weren't to blame. The fact the rock decided to make a film about her life has definitely helped her.

It's not that weird. They are scared ****less that she will go to the press with the full story so they have given her a job which consists of appearing on TV sporadically and still picking up a paycheck.

She's pushing the envelope now because the company is going through a rocky period and can't afford to lose talent or **** up their new TV deals so they are throwing money around like snuff at a wake.

I hope she manages to get her entire family handy gigs out of this. The WWE hell-schedule cost her her career in her mid 20s. They owe her.

It's not that weird. They are scared ****less that she will go to the press with the full story so they have given her a job which consists of appearing on TV sporadically and still picking up a paycheck.

She's pushing the envelope now because the company is going through a rocky period and can't afford to lose talent or **** up their new TV deals so they are throwing money around like snuff at a wake.

I hope she manages to get her entire family handy gigs out of this. The WWE hell-schedule cost her her career in her mid 20s. They owe her.
    The WWE schedule didn't cost her her career actually. She had a neck issue which meant she was on borrowed time regarding her in ring career and if it didn't happen when it did it was going to happen at some point down the road. She was on edge time and she never broke her neck like edge did.

The full story of what ? It's mostly out there what happened during that time period so what exactly can she say that is going to embarrass the WWE exactly ? Do you know something we don't know ?

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The WWE schedule didn't cost her her career actually. She had a neck issue which meant she was on borrowed time regarding her in ring career and if it didn't happen when it did it was going to happen at some point down the road. She was on edge time and she never broke her neck like edge did.

The full story of what ? It's mostly out there what happened during that time period so what exactly can she say that is going to embarrass the WWE exactly ? Do you know something we don't know ?

Yeah, i'm sure 200+ dates a year wrestling with barely trained underwear models/reality show stars was really good for her health.

She could make a much bigger deal of how her rampant drug abuse was pretty much ignored by the company at the time because she was a draw. They'd also have egg on their face for continuing to employ the guy who beat the **** out of her on multiple occasions if she decided to go public with it.

They got away with it because they were dealing with midcarders with very little exposure outside of wrestling at the time but if it came out now it would be catastrophic for the WWE because the general public are starting to realise how dodgy the company is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement