Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

1331332333334335337»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'd love to put you through a barbershop window. Your gimmick is past its sell-by date.

But yet people react still. What's that saying about fans reacting to wrestlers, any reaction is better than no reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

But yet people react still. What's that saying about fans reacting to wrestlers, any reaction is better than no reaction.

I worked myself into a shoot, brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭ThePott

That coward!

ARE YOU BLIND?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He was just trying to escape through the window.
    And HBK got the heat for Jannetty trying to jump through the window. Terrible stuff by Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

lawlolawl wrote: »
    To be fair to Kevin, it must feel weird to sell to the completely empty side of the arena and turn your back on the handful of people who paid to attend this exercise in mediocrity.

Your petty axe grinding/hate posting on WWE, it's annoying at this stage, quit flapping your gums about it

We all know WWE is **** right now, we don't need the constant daily reminders.

That said, have a nice day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Thread has gone over 10,000 posts. If any Mod bothers to create a new one please try make it be a News thread with no chat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The forum is quiet enough these days there should at least one thread that rolls along with chat and for me this thread is the best one for it.

So I say let’s chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why no chat? Think that would be kinda boring, you want to encourage discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote: »
    Why no chat? Think that would be kinda boring, you want to encourage discussion.

It's literally in the thread title and anytime news gets posted its ignored and just lost due to the same clowns arguing (across multiple threads) so is likely not seen by anyone looking for news

Boards is dying in general stopping posters from chatting will just kill it off quicker as posters migrate to other forums where chat isn’t prohibited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To be fair nobody comes to discussion boards for discussion. Ruins the whole discussion board experience.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'd love to put you through a barbershop window. Your gimmick is past its sell-by date.

Completely agree. And he still can’t get over.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The forum is quiet enough these days there should at least one thread that rolls along with chat and for me this thread is the best one for it.

So I say let’s chat.

Completely agree it’s the best thread for the chats and good chats on here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Loughc wrote: »
    Completely agree it’s the best thread for the chats and good chats on here too.

And if some news is big enough to generate a large amount of chat it always gets moved to a thread of its own then.

Saudi Money?

Put up today and titled Imagine.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzihG6eFzjc/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Saudi Money?

Put up today and titled Imagine.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzihG6eFzjc/

I'm heartened that the vast majority of the comments on this and the Twitter post are ****ting all over the idea.

No one wants to see two pensioners shambling around embarrassing themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They had the opportunity to do this match at Mania at least twice. Nobody cares anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,818 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ah sting vs taker

A confrontation between the 2 guys would rule for old times sake but a match meh could be comedic gold but could pass if it's done quickly. Look it all could be bull**** and Saudi money is crazy. Did the Saudi prince like WCW ha ??. The promos for this could/could of been excellent

What could work somewhere down the line is Taker or Sting appear in the ring and are attacked by someone and then one comes too save the other and both men embrace each other in the ring for first and only time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I’ve been a little inactive recently as I’m traveling right now and have not really been too up to date with Wrestling but (mod hat on)
    ERG89 wrote: »
    Thread has gone over 10,000 posts. If any Mod bothers to create a new one please try make it be a News thread with no chat

I will lock this thread and open a new one by Monday or Tuesday. If you think a topic warrants a lot of chat I suggest starting a thread of its own for that topic. Ideally if mods have extra time they will split posts off into separate threads also.

I get it, and others do too I suspect. That said be careful with how you respond to people in cases like this because even when your reference is clear a post like the above could lead to mod issues
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Your petty axe grinding/hate posting on WWE, it's annoying at this stage, quit flapping your gums about it

We all know WWE is **** right now, we don't need the constant daily reminders.

That said, have a nice day.
    ERG89 wrote: »
    It's literally in the thread title and anytime news gets posted its ignored and just lost due to the same clowns arguing (across multiple threads) so is likely not seen by anyone looking for news

Lads consider this your mod warning- there is a don’t be a dick rule here on boards and generally the mods on PW are pretty lax with stuff because most are not dicks here but if repetitive annoying posts and arguments keep derailing threads and the boards.ie PW posters enjoyment of the board then I’ll be considering that rule broken and have to start handing out cards / bans which I generally never do.

Be nice, don’t bite if others rile you up and enjoy PW folks - if you’re not enjoying pw then maybe find something else for your own sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bradley111

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I'm heartened that the vast majority of the comments on this and the Twitter post are ****ting all over the idea.

No one wants to see two pensioners shambling around embarrassing themselves.

Taker should have retired a few years ago, but if they're still going to use him I can't understand why they keep putting him in there with old or bigger guys who can't get a decent match out of him. If they put him in there with someone like Bryan / AJ / Balor / KO it would still be good and fans might actually be interested - nobody cares about these legend matches anymore as they're guaranteed to be sh*te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What could work somewhere down the line is Taker or Sting appear in the ring and are attacked by someone and then one comes too save the other and both men embrace each other in the ring for first and only time

What? How could this possibly work? There's absolutely no logic behind them embracing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Guessing it has to do with what this wwe reimagined is

Videogame maybe

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1147520735403020288?s=21

sky88 wrote: »
    Guessing it has to do with what this wwe reimagined is

Videogame maybe

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1147520735403020288?s=21

Probably the story mode for this years 2K.

A "what if" mode basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So Gallows and Anderson, whose deals were up in September, have according to Fightful re-signed with WWE through 2024.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/report-luke-gallows-karl-anderson-sign-new-five-year-deals-wwe

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So Gallows and Anderson, whose deals were up in September, have according to Fightful re-signed with WWE through 2024.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/report-luke-gallows-karl-anderson-sign-new-five-year-deals-wwe

Makes sense, Gallows is 35 and Anderson is 39 and has 4 kids.

The WWE Catering Division is a great retirement plan for the both of them.

In other news, Rey is going to be back this Monday despite having to vacate the US title a few weeks back due to injury. They just seem to have taken the belt off him for no good reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gallows is still only 35? I remember him years ago as Festus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I amazed Anderson is older than gallows

Will never cease to amaze me gallows was 24 or 25 as festus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement