Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Pentecost wrote: »
    Assumed he was already retired to be honest. When was his last match?

His last match for WWE, was Wrestlemania 28 as part of the terrible match involving John Laurinaitis & Teddy Long
    leggo wrote: »
    I remember him saying in an interview somewhere he was done, but could be tempted for a big WrestleMania match (though that was with the caveat that anyone would be tempted and not meant seriously). Guessing he's got some kind of medical news here to say he physically can't wrestle again.

He has a neck condition as far as I can recall..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yeah just reading the megathread on Squared Circle of his shenanigans in NXT, a nice cushy job and he screws it up for himself, his loss, Matt Bloom's gain..

Triple H knew what was going on. Dude was a sh*tbag and held the job as chief sh*tbag until all of the allegations came out. But yeah, it was a cushy job and I'm sure some of the elders would like a crack one of them jobs.

Ageyev wrote: »
    Triple H knew what was going on. Dude was a sh*tbag and held the job as chief sh*tbag until all of the allegations came out. But yeah, it was a cushy job and I'm sure some of the elders would like a crack one of them jobs.

You'd think Triple H knowing he would acted sooner than he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Besides the homophobic comments what else was bill accused of doing ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ricero wrote: »

Essentially just being a big Bully. He thought he was old school and he was teaching them respect for the industry, an industry full of manly men like JBL & Hardcore Holly yadda yadda yadda... He just didn't have a "New Era" mind frame :D

iirc He hated Enzo Amore

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2y6d13/the_allegations_against_bill_demott_megathread/

Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Jester252 wrote: »

Six-foot-seven, 300-pound..... Live reaction of Vince McMahon

2475880b-9aa5-4838-90fa-8d20636a5e1c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is the new Roman then :pac:

• Advertisement

Meltzer saying Heyman has agreed to a new contract :)

P Diddy or Puff Daddy or whatever he is calling himself is going to be on Raw next week, as per WWE's Twitter.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    P Diddy or Puff Daddy or whatever he is calling himself is going to be on Raw next week, as per WWE's Twitter.

The picture used of P Diddy/Puff Daddy, is so terribly photoshopped between Cena & Orton

CoykouCWEAA0ZFx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That's actually a genuine photo Lithium, here's another angle of it:

diddy-john-cena.jpg

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

You'd think Triple H knowing he would acted sooner than he did.

He didn't act at all. DeMott quit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Monokne wrote: »
    He didn't act at all. DeMott quit.

Well it wasnt so much that he quit, he was forced to quit was he not?

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    That's actually a genuine photo Lithium, here's another angle of it:

diddy-john-cena.jpg

:P

Okay, from that angle it doesn't look so bad, but the one Rolling Stone used in their tweet, it looked photoshopped.. Glad to be proven wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The lighting in the first pic is very sussy, I thought it was 'shopped too :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

While the reasons for her leaving obviously aren't nice

New ring announcers just add to the feel of the new era

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reddit says that Meltzer says that Smackdown will be getting their own Women's and Tag Team belts.

Becky will finally win a championship, surely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If that does happen, I wonder what the second women's belt will be called, cause they sure as hell can't call it the Diva's Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Angron wrote: »
    If that does happen, I wonder what the second women's belt will be called, cause they sure as hell can't call it the Diva's Championship.

Probably the Women's Universal Championship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The belt will look good on eva marie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Eva Marie World Championship :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

What a kick in the teeth that would be for Becky. All the work and effort she's been putting in this past year, and Eva ends up winning it instead despite still being a poor performer and fresh out of NXT.

Daniel Bryan confirmed they are bringing a new Women title on a podcast today, so that's a mor official confirmation.

Eva Marie needs to have a male Valet to make this gimmick kick into overdrive.

Eva Marie needs to have a male Valet to make this gimmick kick into overdrive.

I f*cking love this idea!!! Tino Sabatelli would be great for it

Have to put that idea over too. Both the valet and it being Sabatelli. Great heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

To keep with the gimmick of all red everything, she can get Heath Slater.

Or Essa Rios

• Advertisement

Pfft. You need to think outside the box here lads. I know just the guy...

46_SS_08281989_0050.jpg

If Terry is involved its a good thing that its all RED everything and not a certain other colour......

Bray Wyatt injured again
    As noted, Bray Wyatt rolled his ankle during Tuesday's WWE SmackDown main event but finished the match. After the injury, the referee threw up the dreaded "X" symbol but Wyatt clearly didn't want to stop and didn't want help from trainers.

Dave Meltzer confirmed on wrestling Observer Radio that Wyatt sprained his ankle. Wyatt was still planning on working weekend WWE live events as of Wednesday morning. If he does miss this weekend's matches, that could indicate that the injury is serious as he was intent on wrestling this weekend. Meltzer also confirmed that WWE wanted Wyatt to stop the match on Tuesday night but he refused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

If WWE wanted the match to stop, then surely it would have been stopped?

Adiboo wrote: »

Bray being stubborn
    but Wyatt clearly didn't want to stop and didn't want help from trainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Adiboo wrote: »

Yeah but it sounds more dramatic to say this. They did before with Bryan had that bad stinger, again when Enzo got the concussion & on house shows for cuts. If it's necessary they don't take chances. He turned his ankle & it looked pretty clumsy.
    Didn't he do that before he wrestled Taker at WrestleMania too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It was Ziggler's fault to be fair, he went for the roll-up at a ridiculous angle and IIRC Wyatt tripped over him.

And Ryback has been future endeavoured.

https://twitter.com/Ryback22/status/761636946632437762

It seems silly that they were going to call the match off over a sprained ankle. If it's a break you'll know pretty fast usually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

And Ryback has been future endeavoured.

https://twitter.com/Ryback22/status/761636946632437762

Didn't this happen Months back?

Oh boy,

http://www.pwmania.com/backstage-news-on-what-wwe-has-planned-for-eva-marie
    we were told that the company is still pushing for her to be one of the top female Superstars of the promotion. They believe Eva has the look of what a female Superstar should look like. So, expect her to eventually be the face of the females on the SmackDown brand and be involved in the major storylines.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Didn't this happen Months back?

I don't know, If it did I'm surprised it wasn't published on WWE's website well before today.. Can't see any reason it being kept on the down low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I follow her on snapchat. Whilst she's a beast in the gym and is there every day, the worrying thing is you never see her wrestling training! She spends most of her time putting on and taking off makeup

Didn't they hire Kendrick to be her one on one trainer to try and get her up to some sort of standard I'm sure I saw videos of them training together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,402 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Didn't they hire Kendrick to be her one on one trainer to try and get her up to some sort of standard I'm sure I saw videos of them training together.

They did and she looked okay in those videos but the few matches she had after were in slow motion. She didn't botch anything but it looked crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

If they do push her to the sky, it really is a middle finger to the likes of Becky Lynch who has worked her backside off to help give credibility to the division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Eva Marie will earn her spot if she gets it and keeps it, or she'll be Ryback and get constant failed push attempts before being dropped if she doesn't. Becky will be fine. Cream always rises.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A division needs more than just a small number of women. If WWE are serious about a women's division they need to extend the numbers involved on TV every week and they need a variety for it to work.

Miz is my go to example of how not everyone needs to excel in ring to find a good spot and be an asset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think I know about all the others, but how is Alexa viewed backstage? Is she liked? What's people's opinion on her ability?

And will they ever learn about pushing people the "Universe" doesn't want? There are women there with both the look and ability of a superstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think I know about all the others, but how is Alexa viewed backstage? Is she liked? What's people's opinion on her ability?

There were strong rumours not too long ago that she was sleeping her way to the top, but those died out pretty quickly and it was just one or two that made those comments. Hope it's not true, but if it is she would probably be despised backstage.

I really doubt it's true though because she's been with Buddy Murphy for a good while now.

As for her ability, I think she has loads of potential. Really good heel who has the bitchface absolutely perfected.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement