Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So Eva Marie claims she had a script for the banned substances............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

So did Adam Rose. The issue is it has to be cleared by the WWE doctors as well as the workers doctors. Rey Jr was done for something similar.

Given the bad pub the policy has gotten of late, it makes sense that they are keen to uphold it whatever the circumstances.

Incidentally, Meltzer says that Del Rio and Paige failed for different substances. Belief is that once they both failed, it was decided to suspend them concurrently given they're a couple, which makes sense.

What's the drug that Eva Marie failed for?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What's the drug that Eva Marie failed for?

It was Adderall, same thing Roman got flagged for.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0820/616708/backstage-note-on-the-recent-wwe-wellness-policy-violations/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Lithium93_ wrote: »

am i way off the mark here or doesnt adderal work like super caffeine basically? can see why a wrestler could go for it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Depp wrote: »
    am i way off the mark here or doesnt adderal work like super caffeine basically? can see why a wrestler could go for it!

Essentially the toll of constantly being on the road, working out, public appearances and wrestling gets to them and they take supplements to keep them going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

It's chemicaly similar to meth. It's an amphetamine. Prescribed to kids with ADHD and the like. Adam Rose also had a prescription but that did him no help

How would it benifit someone with out ADHD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Randy Orton suspended for Wellness Violation. Gone for 60 days.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/randy-orton-suspended-for-60-days

EDIT: Old story, not applicable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That is mad. Thread worthy since he had a strike removed, only back from injury etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is that not his 4th/5th/6th strike or something like that.

Shouldn't he be fired for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Omackeral wrote: »
    Randy Orton suspended for Wellness Violation. Gone for 60 days.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/randy-orton-suspended-for-60-days

I'm fairly sure this is from a few years ago

Wait wait. Yep the source is bogey! It's from 2012. Disregard!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

It helps you concentrate by aiding in the firing neurons or something. I posted links before when Adam Rose was caught. Google Carl Hart/adderall/meth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Some also use it as a fat burner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

According to Pwinsider.com, Finn Balor was reportedly injured during last night’s Summerslam match with Seth Rollins. Balor was seen wearing a sling after the PPV last night, and there is concern that the injury is severe enough that it could require surgery. Balor will get examined today to determine how severe his injury is.

Steve-Carrell-Angry-No.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

A shame to hear about Bálor's injury. If it is severe that he losses the title on Raw tonight because of it, then I won't to disappointed though. He won the Universal Championship and cemented himself. Even if he did hold it for 24 hours it's still a massive thing for him. Best choice would be to have Rollins beat him in a rematch if that's the case. But is if it's severe that he has to drop it. He may still keep it if it's a minor injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

https://twitter.com/wonf4w/status/767844152864284676

Balls of steel from Jericho there

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »

Balls of steel/courageous especially this part
    led to a verbal and somewhat physical confrontation between Lesnar and Chris Jericho last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Steve-Carrell-Angry-No.gif

just watched it back and you can kind of see where he hurts it and he definitely showed it a bit the way he was carrying it towards the end, wouldnt say it'll be that bad of an injury given he finished the match but fingers crossed anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

gwan Jericho! love that lad.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

just watched it back and you can kind of see where he hurts it and he definitely showed it a bit the way he was carrying it towards the end, wouldnt say it'll be that bad of an injury given he finished the match but fingers crossed anyway!

Google suggests an 8 to 12 week recovery and rehab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Balls of steel/courageous especially this part

One thing not mentioned in that article is that Jericho has said he was the one who suggested to Orton to use the line 'no enhancement necessary' a few weeks back which was a shot at Lesnar after he was busted following his fight.

I'd say Brock is aware of that and unlikely to be too keen on Jericho (not that he's keen on many people).

f*ck it then, book them in a match!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

According to Mauro Ranalo, the new sets used on Raw and Smackdown this week are perms ant changes. Even though Raw was a re-use of the Summerslam set, both looked really awesome and different to each other so really happy if true.

Smackdown Tag Titles

smackdown-tag-team-titles-wwe-wwe-backlash_3771231.jpg?20160824093905

Smackdown Women's Title

smackdown-womens-title-wwe-backlash-wwe_3771229.jpg?20160824093721

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The tag titles look a lot better in silver than brass but I still don't like the actual design on the faceplate. It's an improvement I guess.

Hate how they seen to be moving towards identical titles just in different colours. I know the idea is to make them equal, but it only serves to make them all look like knock offs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

You know I can understand Smackdown having a World Championship and a Women's Championship in opposition to Raw, but the tag team titles should be dual branded. There's not enough tag teams on either brand to accommodate having two tag titles. At least being dual branded you would have something like what Jerishow did years ago when they appeared on both shows and feuded with various tag teams from both brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

None of the main belts should be branded. It halves the worth of all of them. A World Champion can't claim to be the actual champion while there's another person out there with an equally worthy title belt. They're only champions of their half of the roster. It's ridiculous.

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »
    None of the main belts should be branded. It halves the worth of all of them. A World Champion can't claim to be the actual champion while there's another person out there with an equally worthy title belt. They're only champions of their half of the roster. It's ridiculous.

completely agree and it seems like they have learned nothing since the last brand split. I had no interest in so many of the belts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,984 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Followed by Rock vs Cena - in Shazam, and I would assume a WWE based match too to capitalise on the hype.

*might not actually happen - but Cena to play Shazam vs Black Adam is a possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

More rumour than news, but there appears to be a lot of buzz on twitter regarding two things.

Firstly a few Wellness violations may be on the verge of breaking, with some claiming them to be pretty significant names. I havent a clue who though,

Also reading a that Chris Hero may be on his way back to WWE in some form. He left on good terms from what I gather and he has been on fire since leaving NXT a few years ago.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Firstly a few Wellness violations may be on the verge of breaking, with some claiming them to be pretty significant names. I havent a clue who though,

That moment when you realise they wrote off John Cena's character and wonder if this is why...

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That moment when you realise they wrote off John Cena's character and wonder if this is why...

Been thinking the same thing but I legit havent asked whos the names involved so I cant say for sure, but hes the first guy that came to mind.

Ive also read that there may be quite a few wellness suspensions due to someone in the locker room handing out free supplement samples, which unknowingly contained a banned ingredient on WWEs banned substance list. Apparently many unwisely used them and it showed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    More rumour than news, but there appears to be a lot of buzz on twitter regarding two things.

Also reading a that Chris Hero may be on his way back to WWE in some form. He left on good terms from what I gather and he has been on fire since leaving NXT a few years ago.

Been seeing the same things on wellness no names mentioned but lots of rumours.

Hero has been on fire but you would think that the way he looks body wise would put wwe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It was Heath Slater - and this is how he gets back in.

sky88 wrote: »

Hero has been on fire but you would think that the way he looks body wise would put wwe

This. Hero has always been on of my favs (*Looks at ever growing pile of Chris Hero t shirts with slight shame*), however the reason WWE and Chris parted ways was because of Chris's body and how he didn't seem to want to lose the weight. This was different than a Kevin Steen with who the weight looks natural, Hero had heavy guy who didn't work out enough weight.

Since leaving he has put more weight on. With that being the reason why they left, then Hero isn't coming back any time soon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You'd think if they really wanted him they'd let him wear a top like Roman Reigns or Kevin Owens.

• Advertisement

This. Hero has always been on of my favs (*Looks at ever growing pile of Chris Hero t shirts with slight shame*), however the reason WWE and Chris parted ways was because of Chris's body and how he didn't seem to want to lose the weight. This was different than a Kevin Steen with who the weight looks natural, Hero had heavy guy who didn't work out enough weight.

Since leaving he has put more weight on. With that being the reason why they left, then Hero isn't coming back any time soon.

I dont think weight was the issue at all. Sure look at his NXT run, he was nearly malnourished looking at one stage.

His weight may be an issue to an extent but its not the reason WWE and he parted ways. From listening to his shoot interview, he just had a few enemies in management at the time who felt he was a know-it-all and felt he was too indie to learn the WWE style.

His indy work and Evolve run has been highly acclaimed and while he did have a few ney sayers in WWE, he does have some supporters.

I'm not sure bodywise is a huge issue at this present time with the likes of Joe and Owens killing it with fans.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Presentation is key if you don't have a great physique. Bray, Joe and Owens all have a style that stops them looking like a big fella in underwear.

Just to put the body image into perspective, this isn't a Samoa Joe type heavy which looks "natural" for want of a better word; here are photos of Chris from shows this month:

Chris-Hero-Gunner-Miller.jpg

best_Wrestlers_chris_hero.JPG

Like I say, I love the man and I have no issue with his weight, but it won't fly in the land of the WWE.

Stick him in a Erick Rowan style boiler suit.

But thats not why he left WWE at the time, he was in great shape then, probably the best of his career.

tumblr_m8kj6uhZGO1r79q7ho2_1280.jpg

So to say he left because Chris didnt want to lose weight are surely inaccurate. Right now, I agree he looks out of shape, but his in-ring work is as great as ever right now and I dont see his weight as an issue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Jaysus I had heard about his weight issues recently (that said it is only really an issue from a certain perspective) but there is no way I can see WWE taking him back as is. However I do agree that if weight had been the issue first time round (which as Joe is pointing out probably wasn't from reports - Indie mentality I guess would be a way to put it) they could have just packaged him differently a la the Rowan suggestion. Actually I think he could be an awesome Wyatt family member and him and Luke Harper would a great team.

In those recent picture I really feel his ring gear is not helping either and maybe with different attire it may not be so bad but instead it actually highlights the belly hanging out over the small tights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Jaysus I had heard about his weight issues recently (that said it is only really an issue from a certain perspective) but there is no way I can see WWE taking him back as is. However I do agree that if weight had been the issue first time round (which as Joe is pointing out probably wasn't from reports - Indie mentality I guess would be a way to put it) they could have just packaged him differently a la the Rowan suggestion. Actually I think he could be an awesome Wyatt family member and him and Luke Harper would a great team.

In those recent picture I really feel his ring gear is not helping either and maybe with different attire it may not be so bad but instead it actually highlights the belly hanging out over the small tights.

Not a bad shout actually, Smackdown tag division is lacking some quality and himself and Harper wouldn't be a bad team indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

PTH2009 wrote: »

Ya and in his first match back they'll probably feed him to Roman

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement