Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

First Jamie, now Alberto.

Turns out Alberto Del Rio missed a AAA show at the weekend because he was stabbed. Photos in the news article, but heads up they are nasty.

The man is tough though, saying he will still make his UK shows!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Melter saying a WWE deal to bring in
    Goldberg
    may actually already be done, and if not, is nearly final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

�������� nope to the last post about the rumoured person coming in. I listened to a podcast interview with that person recently and he came across as an utter ****.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Melter saying a WWE deal to bring in
    Goldberg
    may actually already be done, and if not, is nearly final.

Is that who's going to answer Braun Strowman's challenge next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Loughc wrote: »
    Is that who's going to answer Braun Strowman's challenge next week?

That would be such a letdown for that person's
    return
    . A really stupid decision by WWE to waste that at this time of year.

So to answer your question, yeah probably. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

martyos121 wrote: »
    That would be such a letdown for that person's
    return
    . A really stupid decision by WWE to waste that at this time of year.

So to answer your question, yeah probably. :pac:

Id love that but think it will be Big Show or Mark Henry

Brock maybe ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Id love that but think it will be Big Show or Mark Henry

Brock maybe ???

I'd say Big Show, thought that as soon as he said it. I'd definitely like it to be Brock though.

I've just seen on a wrestling news site that emma is being repacked as emmalina. okay sorry what :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've just seen on a wrestling news site that emma is being repacked as emmalina. okay sorry what :confused::confused::confused:

Obviously a play on Brangelina, and she'll probably be paired with someone on her return.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Obviously a play on Brangelina, and she'll probably be paired with someone on her return.

Jesus christ there is a lot to be said for pat patterson and vince mcmahon and bruce prichard booking the territory around Vince's pool at the mansion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hope she keeps the aviators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

As long as she not fcuking dancing she has a chance at getting over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

As long as she not fcuking dancing she has a chance at getting over.

Oh no

Emma + Ballerina = Emmalina

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Waaaa? This makes literally no sense. :confused: Died. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Monokne wrote: »
    Waaaa? This makes literally no sense. :confused: Died. :D

Well that's what sprang to mind when I saw it on WWE's Twitter, that they are going the "shipping" route

Could be wrong though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Jesus lads how about giving the Emmalina thing a chance before sh*tting all over it! Literally all we know is she looks great in Instagram pics. Thats the extent of the gimmick thus far.

It may turn out to be muck but f*ck it at least they are trying new stuff. You'd swear Emma was some megastar with a rock solid defined gimmick instead of the chick that was Santinos sh*te dance partner that fell over and then disappeared. And yea i know she killed it in NXT as the mean girl but 95% of the Raw audience doesnt. Its a simple repackaging. No need for the IMO ott reactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I always wonder what happens to these conversations when the gimmick turns out to be awful and people were right to nay-say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I always wonder what happens to these conversations when the gimmick turns out to be awful and people were right to nay-say!

Meh no harm in being wrong. But to crap all over it after 1 vignette of basically Instagram pictures is total overreaction. Dont say the product is stale out of one side of your mouth and then dump on any new idea before it even debuts

Creativity isn't above reproach either, ya know? "At least I'm doing something new" was Vince Russo's excuse in WCW.

I get your point about coming from a positive mindset though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

According to Meltzer the WWE plan on toning down the marketing verbiage, i.e. WWE Universe is apparently no more, as a response to the low ratings.

I hope that's the case but I fear it may return next week.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Meh no harm in being wrong. But to crap all over it after 1 vignette of basically Instagram pictures is total overreaction. Dont say the product is stale out of one side of your mouth and then dump on any new idea before it even debuts

I don't think anyone here crapped over the idea LeeJM. Myself personally I just don't understand the need to repackage her when the character she had before she went off injured was great. I mean after her initial main roster run with santino was ****e and the fans didn't take to it, she got a second go and the changing of her character was a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

According to Meltzer the WWE plan on toning down the marketing verbiage, i.e. WWE Universe is apparently no more, as a response to the low ratings.

Would be so glad to never hear that phrase ever again.

"The fans" will do just fine.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Creativity isn't above reproach either, ya know? "At least I'm doing something new" was Vince Russo's excuse in WCW.

I get your point about coming from a positive mindset though

:D:D:D So he took the blame for the horse**** he was a part of in wcw then ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

LeeJM wrote: »
    Jesus lads how about giving the Emmalina thing a chance before sh*tting all over it! Literally all we know is she looks great in Instagram pics. Thats the extent of the gimmick thus far.

It may turn out to be muck but f*ck it at least they are trying new stuff. You'd swear Emma was some megastar with a rock solid defined gimmick instead of the chick that was Santinos sh*te dance partner that fell over and then disappeared. And yea i know she killed it in NXT as the mean girl but 95% of the Raw audience doesnt. Its a simple repackaging. No need for the IMO ott reactions.

Huh?

Very little reaction in the lead up to your post, is this a general comment more than about boards?

:D:D:D So he took the blame for the horse**** he was a part of in wcw then ?

He's like "I'd do it again!" when I saw him last year, he'd be a sound man to have a pint with but you'd absolutely not want him near the booking sheets!

• Advertisement

According to Meltzer the WWE plan on toning down the marketing verbiage, i.e. WWE Universe is apparently no more, as a response to the low ratings. I hope that's the case but I fear it may return next week.

I don't believe it - although I desperately want it to be true. WWE's mindset has always been to saturate branding, get catchphrases and terms over, to the point where wrestlers' promos sound like marketing tripe rather than a human. Look at the TV screen on their broadcasts, it has a hashtag, a WWE logo and a "live" logo, never counting each turnbuckle, microphone, marquees, apron screens, ringpost screens and on the rampway - It's disgusting!

I hope it's true. I'm sceptical, because they just made the WWE Universal title! The ultimate branding!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

speaking of Russo im in September 2000 of Nitro on WCW. I think I hate the Insane Clown Posse more than anything on this planet. 3-Count are the thing I look forward to most on it, all 10 seconds they get. Russo all over the product, of course. Its far worse than you can possibly imagine.

And absolutely yes to WWE not being as plastic and cheap as it is. I know wrestling is cheap in a sense but right now its just too much in the wrong direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

The issue right now is that the product is getting incredibly niche. For that reason, I would imagine the term "WWE Universe" is, from a marketing perspective, something that makes it seem even more niche, a little cult.

Meanwhile their base audience seem to, overall, f*cking hate the term WWE Universe.

Can totally see why it'd be ditched, its a total loser of a term right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Yeah that's why they lost basically a million viewers in 15 months.
    How's about you not have Stephanie emasculate performers and fúck off our TV screens. Maybe try not make fat jokes at your Universal champion (boy that is a great name now) . Give your cruiserweight division personality outside of purple ropes and random timefiller matches.
    Just a few suggestions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Are we in NFL season talking about how WWE has 'problems' again?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

WWE have released Tough Enough Winner (and the reason that if it returns you can be damn sure the fans will have less influence) Sara Lee who apparently is also pregnant now with Blake and / or Murphy from NXT being the father. No thats not a storyline I just don't know which one is which always.

WWE have released Tough Enough Winner (and the reason that if it returns you can be damn sure the fans will have less influence) Sara Lee who apparently is also pregnant now with Blake and / or Murphy from NXT being the father. No thats not a storyline I just don't know which one is which always.

Oh well let's hope it isn't the one dating Alexa bliss. That'd be an interesting talk. I'm not saying he is or isn't. BH Where did you see these rumours ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Oh well let's hope it isn't the one dating Alexa bliss. That'd be an interesting talk. I'm not saying he is or isn't. BH Where did you see these rumours ?

i seen it on twitter from her facebook. its not the one dating alexa its the other one. i can never remember which name is which. think its blake.

From what i was reading she was not progressing at all in the ring.

sky88 wrote: »
    i seen it on twitter from her facebook. its not the one dating alexa its the other one. i can never remember which name is which. think its blake.

From what i was reading she was not progressing at all in the ring.

Kinda interesting that on Tough Enough she was accused of being (I'm not calling her one) a ring rat instead of focusing on training and now she gets dumped out for not progressing in ring but is having a wrestlers kid.

Iirc ZZ was released back in July (which should be good on Breaking Ground) but the girl who came 2nd is already making NXT appearances and is now on total Divas.

The male winner Josh is a little behind her but has apparently appeared on the NXT house shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'd be shocked if she was up the duff by both Blake and Murphy! I think it's Blake for the record

Pentecost wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if she was up the duff by both Blake and Murphy! I think it's Blake for the record

hahaah didn't mean and / or guess just used to writing and with those two :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ric flair let halle berry ride space mountain

ricero wrote: »

I would love to know what charlotte and the rest of rics kids think when he says stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Her publicist already denied the story. Maybe if he said Catherine Zeta Jones he'd have sounded realistic.
    Can't wait until Hogan says he slept with Lady Gaga or Pocohontas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I beleive flair on this one

• Advertisement

I beleive flair on this one

Its so out of left field that it might be true.

if he was lying he could have picked a more believable celebrity who had involvement with wrestling at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

sky88 wrote: »
    Its so out of left field that it might be true.

if he was lying he could have picked a more believable celebrity who had involvement with wrestling at some stage

She was in a WWE movie at some point. I remember her on the phone to Kane years ago on Raw.

J. Marston wrote: »
    She was in a WWE movie at some point. I remember her on the phone to Kane years ago on Raw.

She was in the Call, the only WWE film that could be called a genuine hit. She probably done something or another with them at the time.

I remember they part financed her movie The Call and then promoted it but for this to make sense it would be well before then as I believe it was even stated it was before she was famous so im guessing back before her roles in movies like Executive decision (96) or even The Flinstones (94). She is now 50 while Rick is 67 so if you went back to say 92 and she would have been 25/26 while Rick was 43 and co-headlining Wrestlemania it is believeable.

But it is literally he said she said and you will never know plus what she is saying is she had never even hear of him back then let along met him nor ridden space mountain Wooo!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I would belive that if Ric said it happened when Halle was young and Naive in the 90s and he wasn't AS old and disgusting, but he is and she isn't. Im with Halle on this

BMMachine wrote: »
    I would belive that if Ric said it happened when Halle was young and Naive in the 90s and he wasn't AS old and disgusting, but he is and she isn't. Im with Halle on this

He said it was in 90s i think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

It was in 1997, just after her divorce. No reason not to believe him, would be a weirdly arbitrary claim and he's no previous for lying about his conquests.

Maybe some ring rat years ago told him she was Halle Berry and he was too drunk to realise she wasn't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Also a distinct possibility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

This is all a bunch of crap anyway. It's his word against her, and unless someone can verify it or gives us evidence, then we'll never truly know the truth. Either way, it's kind've a sleazy thing for Flair to do, to tell people he slept with Halle Berry. I mean when it comes to sleeping with someone, I think you have to be considerate of the other person because maybe they don't want people to know or just want to keep things private.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement