Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ah yeah, whether it works or not is a whole different story and a lot of that will be in the execution. Like we'd have rolled our eyes at the idea of Brock/Taker last year after their terrible Mania match, then one great segment on Raw sold us all, but it can easily go the other way too (Brock/Ambrose). Their logic is relatively sound in theory but the devil will be in the details here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Speaking of Joe. There's rumours he may be Strowmans opponent on raw

If so he would do similar to KO and appear on both Raw and NXT

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/backstage-news-on-main-roster-debut-for-samoa-joe

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I don't like the sound of Joe coming in to fight Braun. To me it would feel like a waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Speaking of Joe. There's rumours he may be Strowmans opponent on raw

If so he would do similar to KO and appear on both Raw and NXT

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/backstage-news-on-main-roster-debut-for-samoa-joe

Kinda hoping he makes his debut at No Mercy and do to Curt Hawkins what he did to the new guy on nxt on Wednesday. Probably be the only good thing to come out of Hawkins return.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Reckon Zack will turn on MoJo and join with Hawkins. Tag division is an area that Smackdown can do well in. Zack and Hawkins could be a good heel team.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Tyson Kidd according to doctors should've been paralyzed, or dead..

http://pwslam.com/tyson-kidd-update-doctors-said-died-paralyzed/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

DM_7 wrote: »
    Reckon Zack will turn on MoJo and join with Hawkins. Tag division is an area that Smackdown can do well in. Zack and Hawkins could be a good heel team.

Hmm. They've spent 8 weeks running vignettes promoting a new character for Hawkins, and a year developing the Hype Bro's in developmental. It doesn't seem that there's a natural segue to Ryder & Hawkins teaming again, nor would it make any sense in storyline, nor would it make any sense with what they've been building. Also, they were a completely run of the mill team. Not sure why they'd put them back together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Seeing in a few places Becky is out for a month with an injury and will miss the PPV tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Tyson Kidd according to doctors should've been paralyzed, or dead..

http://pwslam.com/tyson-kidd-update-doctors-said-died-paralyzed/
    Jesus, the scar in that tweet is terrifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Seeing in a few places Becky is out for a month with an injury and will miss the PPV tomorrow.
    Ah fup off.why what injury does she have ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ah fup off.why what injury does she have ?

Neck injury apparently. Hopefully it's not too bad and she'll be back soon. It'd be a shame if she has to give up the title before she's even defended it. Hopefully if she's only out a month or so they'll work around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Monokne wrote: »
    Hmm. They've spent 8 weeks running vignettes promoting a new character for Hawkins, and a year developing the Hype Bro's in developmental. It doesn't seem that there's a natural segue to Ryder & Hawkins teaming again, nor would it make any sense in storyline, nor would it make any sense with what they've been building. Also, they were a completely run of the mill team. Not sure why they'd put them back together.

I'd put money Kane will come out and chokeslam Hawkins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finn wins the belt and gets injured. Becky wins the belt and gets injured.

Poxed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

The Irish curse. :pac:

Having had more time to think about the potential Becky injury. My feelings on it are summed up perfectly as thus.
    full

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

At least it's only said to be something that will keep her out until the end of the month and being likened to Orton's injury that meant he missed his last bout with Bray. If thats the case maybe she wouldn't have to drop the title and instead would just not wrestle for 3 weeks after they film some backstage angle to "Injure" her and write around the issue. It could also give Alexa more time to develop her character in the weeks building up to the dual branded Survivor Series PPV match they would no doubt have instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Didn't Becky almost quit because of a bad neck injury a few years back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Didn't Becky almost quit because of a bad neck injury a few years back?

From an old thread here -
    http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055002448
    From www.rebeccaknox.net

hey all,

I am so sorry I have not been in touch in a while. I have been in and out of
    hospital and have not been able to get access to the internet in over a
    week.

I am very upset I have to write this email because I have to cancel all
    future dates until December. I am not sure if you had heard about the knock
    to the head I got in Germany a few weeks ago or not, but I got a bad cut
    above the eye and it was stitched up and all seemed fine. But after a few
    days I was getting extremely painful headaches, loud buzzing in my left ear
    and my vision in my left eye is completely blurred. The doctor has told me
    it may be damage to the 8th cranial nerve and I am waiting for a ct brain
    scan and have been adviced to stop wrsetling for the next few months. It
    could be permanent or it could go away by itself. but untill all signs have
    been allevated I will not be able to engage in any heavy physical activity

This breaks my heart as the main reason I am in Florida is to wrestle and I
    am so upset that I have to cancel my upcoming dates, This is the first
    serious injury I have had and I am disappointed that I have to let you down!

I apologise sincerely and hope you have great shows, I am so sorry I wont be
    there!

Yours sincerely,
    Rebecca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

So will they break the 30 day rule for her? #BrockyLynch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

More on Becky, as per PWInsider

"For those of you who have written us asking about the different reports floating around that WWE Smackdown Women's champion Becky Lynch is not cleared to compete at tonight's WWE No Mercy pay-per-view, I can confirm those reports to be legitimate.
    WWE sources, speaking under condition of anonymity, have told PWInsider.com that a health issue is keeping Lynch from taking bumps. There is no physical injury and she is not been suspended, but WWE officials have made the decision that she cannot take bumps until the health issue has cleared.
    Lynch is at tonight's pay-per-view, so she may make an appearance or WWE may run an angle, but she will not be competing tonight."

Let the speculation begin...

CuWVMPpWgAAHRSv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So backstage attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

$5 on extremely bad menstrual cramps.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I feel a rehash of Stone Cold being run over coming for some reason.

Main event of No Mercy going on FIRST, so WWE has just announced.

Monokne wrote: »
    Main event of No Mercy going on FIRST, so WWE has just announced.

:eek:

Must be something big planned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    :eek:

Must be something big planned.

I think it's more for the debate then anything big planned

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    I think it's more for the debate then anything big planned

But what's going to end the show if that's the case?

Would assume Miz-Dolph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

No chat I know, but is Becky dating one of the guys?

It is Noam Dar or ZSJ that you always see interacting with her in pics and on Twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

ShagNastii wrote:
    No chat I know, but is Becky dating one of the guys?

She's been dating some mma fighter for a good while now I think

• Advertisement

I'd almost prefer whatever beckys injury was a physical injury as the other type is vague and can drag on.

J. Marston wrote: »

Jesus. This won't end well.

So do we expect Goldberg to appear on RAW tonight to kick off the countdown to the Brock fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

WCPW bringing Broken Matt over for some shows.

So do we expect Goldberg to appear on RAW tonight to kick off the countdown to the Brock fight.
    Do they expect this to be anyway better than that ****storm from
    Mania XX ? I mean only for old cold stone stunning both it would have just been ****.

Mania XX ? I mean only for old cold stone stunning both it would have just been ****.

The fans only shat all over that because they knew both guys were leaving after the match.

The fans only shat all over that because they knew both guys were leaving after the match.
    Well yeah but the match itself was ****e from memory.

• Advertisement

Same thing this time around too. Goldberg will be after doing his 2K17 promotion and Brock will come back around Royal Rumble time.

I predict "We don't care" chants at some point during this feud.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

WCPW bringing Broken Matt over for some shows.

Funny considering how negative they were for the Final Deletion

Well yeah but the match itself was ****e from memory.

They dealt with it very badly, yeah. Lots of stalling which didn't help anything.
    J. Marston wrote:
    Same thing this time around too. Goldberg will be after doing his 2K17 promotion and Brock will come back around Royal Rumble time.

I predict "We don't care" chants at some point during this feud.

It's possible. I feel it depends on where and when the event is. Mania 20 was in New York in front of smart fans and that was like a perfect storm for everything to go wrong.

Survivor Series I've heard suggested as a possible location. This year if I'm not mistaken it's in Toronto, Canada which I feel would be a very bad location. Goldberg isn't popular in Canada over what happened with the kick to Bret and him having to retire, and I think Brock has fought and been billed as being from Canada in UFC. Add in Toronto's reputation as 'bizarro world' and it would seem to me a big risk to have the match there.

They have a big stadium show for the Rumble coming up and need to sell tickets for it so I reckon if they sell tickets with that as a major selling point then I feel people would be invested in the match and would be unlikely to crap on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

WWE live show in 3Arena on 5th of May

Looks like KENTA is injured again and could be out for months.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Looks like KENTA is injured again and could be out for months.

I saw an "exclusive" headline about that on Twitter earlier, but then there was a follow-up picture showing him looking alright and waving to the crowd at the end of the match. Hard to know what to believe really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

An File wrote: »
    I saw an "exclusive" headline about that on Twitter earlier, but then there was a follow-up picture showing him looking alright and waving to the crowd at the end of the match. Hard to know what to believe really.

Id believe hes injured. Time will tell, but Ryan Satin seems to be fairly decent with the scoops in the last year and Id say the post match waving etc may be a case of Kenta playing down how hurt he is.

plus the the brackett for the dusty only came out a week ago i think and this was a couple of weeks previous so it must have gotten worse or report is wrong.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

plus the the brackett for the dusty only came out a week ago i think and this was a couple of weeks previous so it must have gotten worse or report is wrong.

He took a nasty bump at a house show last night, so it's a new injury. I'm just wondering how serious it is. WWE haven't made a statement about it yet.

He took a nasty bump at a house show last night, so it's a new injury. I'm just wondering how serious it is. WWE haven't made a statement about it yet.

No it was last week or the week before i seen it on twiiter the same night it happened and people were saying he was fine waving to fans after the match

No it was last week or the week before i seen it on twiiter the same night it happened and people were saying he was fine waving to fans after the match

Adrenaline can be a hell of a thing. That, and the fact some injuries can feel fine until you get checked out, and then a doctor is say "Woah, you need to stop everything and fix this now!"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement