Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Adrenaline can be a hell of a thing. That, and the fact some injuries can feel fine until you get checked out, and then a doctor is say "Woah, you need to stop everything and fix this now!"

Exactly. I did my knee ligaments bad a few years ago, was in pain but able to walk after. The next day, my knee was so badly swelled, it was excruciating to move.

id say he got a scan and the results were worse than he feared. Really sad considering he was just back 2 months ago. It will be a real shame.

Kenta out confirmed... :(

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/786605069282123776

With the taping on the horizon, and with Ibushi not signing, I wonder what will happen. Will a replacement be added and who will it be? Will Ibushi and ??? go over their first round opponents? will they go over the Sanity in the next round?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bret Hart apologizes to The Freebirds, Triple H & Seth Rollins..
    I'd like to take this opportunity to formally apologize to Michael Hayes. A while back I made comments about the Freebirds not being as worthy of being in the WWE Hall of Fame as others. It was unfair for me to dismiss their contributions to the industry and they certainly did great things in Texas with the Von Erich Family. Michael Hayes always treated me with great respect, as did Terry Gordy, Ronnie Garvin and Buddy Roberts and I'm sorry if I disrespected any of them with my comments. Furthermore I apologize to both Triple H and Seth Rollins for any hurtful comments I made on my podcast. The reality of all this is the reason I quit doing podcasts in general, because they're for the most part an outlet for negativity, and have left me with a reputation as being angry and bitter. I'm not, I'd spoke candidly and openly but it's no excuse for minimizing other wrestlers or their contributions. In saying all that, I still believe Jim the Anvil Neidhart of the Hart Foundation, including Owen, Brian Pillman, Davey Boy Smith, The Dynamite Kid, Jimmy Hart, The Rougeau Brothers, The Killer Bees, The Demolition, Rick Rude, King Kong Bundy, and One Man Gang all deserve their place in the WWE Hall of Fame. My apologies to all. Bret Hart x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Very big of Bret.

He did have a point re Rollins though. Guy almost took Jericho's head off with his knee this week on Raw. Just reckless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I love the way he says sorry but then adds that demolition should in the hall of fame which isn't happening anytime soon. Dynamite kid ? Nope

Do Demolition have heat or something? Why can't they get in the HoF? I know why Billington can't, obviously.

Monokne wrote: »
    Do Demolition have heat or something? Why can't they get in the HoF? I know why Billington can't, obviously.
    Bill eadie who was ax used the name after they left the WWF and didn't/don't have permission to use it and Vince is apparently majorly pissed about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Very big of Bret

I don't see it that way. Stand by your convictions. Like if he'd said one thing after a bad day, fair enough we all have rants we regret, but his things with Triple H and Rollins are bugbears he's had for months that aren't necessarily without merit. As soon as I read that my instant thought was "okay, what does he want from WWE?" Without knowing anything my guess to that is that someone told him it was putting Owen's chances in jeopardy. But still, if you're big enough to say it, be big enough to stand by it. I won't be listening to anything Bret says about wrestling from now on, he's bought and paid for clearly.

But Bret has never had a good word to say about triple h ever to my knowledge. The only person stopping Owen from getting in is Owens wife Martha. It's her call and I see no reason she will change her stance on WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    But Bret has never had a good word to say about triple h ever to my knowledge. The only person stopping Owen from getting in is Owens wife Martha. It's her call and I see no reason she will change her stance on WWE.

I think he'll only go in when his kids are old enough to make a choice to hounour their dad. I don't think Martha will ever allow.

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    I think he'll only go in when his kids are old enough to make a choice to hounour their dad. I don't think Martha will ever allow.

Well going of off the dates on wikipedia his son is 24 and his daughter is 21 so they are old enough to make a decision but if they decided to do that they'd probably cause huge issues with their mother. I'd understand if they didn't go against her.

I can't see them doing it while Martha is alive. The bad press they'd get over a widow publicly stating that they were doing so against her wishes wouldn't be worth it in their eyes.

leggo wrote: »
    I don't see it that way. Stand by your convictions. Like if he'd said one thing after a bad day, fair enough we all have rants we regret, but his things with Triple H and Rollins are bugbears he's had for months that aren't necessarily without merit. As soon as I read that my instant thought was "okay, what does he want from WWE?" Without knowing anything my guess to that is that someone told him it was putting Owen's chances in jeopardy. But still, if you're big enough to say it, be big enough to stand by it. I won't be listening to anything Bret says about wrestling from now on, he's bought and paid for clearly.

This is 5 stars brother :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

leggo wrote: »
    And you'd know a thing or two about rants yes?

Meh about the wrestling fan comment comment, he's been the same for years. He's been on board ever since 2010, old news.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

But Bret has never had a good word to say about anyone to my knowledge.

Let's face it, that is who he is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ITV looking at a pro-wrestling show. Per Meltzer...
    ITV in the U.K. is making plans for a television taping, which would be huge for that marketplace.

As things stand there is an apparent big budget taping scheduled for 11/1 in Media City, Salford Qays with the idea of copying the concept of the World of Sport show that was so big on television there in the 50s, 60s, 70s and early 80s before fading out around 1987, and leaving the scene dead except for American wrestling on less-watched channels.

As far as the talent goes, the U.K. scene is the best it’s been in decades.
    This is not a done deal but there are definitely talks going on regarding the show and talent for that date and some advertising out. The taping will be free and they say the biggest stars in the U.K. will be there but tickets are limited.

The claim is they will be bringing afternoon family entertainment back to the U.K.

From the scattered info out, it appears this is a pilot being shot for ITV so it’s not a done deal to make this a regular television series, but that would be the goal.

The key for television, both good and bad, is that the pilot is supposed to be a high production shoot which means it’s not cheap programming, like wrestling was when it thrived on television, but U.K. Wrestling is big right now in the U.K. (It’s WWE’s No. 2 market) and they have the talent and there’s enough outside talent out there to do fantastic shows as some of the groups like Revolution Pro have shown, but it’s still like the U.S. where to most people it’s WWE or limited to hardcores because of the lack of television, but ITV is a tremendous platform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

With
    Kenny Dykstra and Mickie James
    back in the WWE I wonder how Cena feels about this.

Could make a great episode of the Total/Bella Divas show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

With
    Kenny Dykstra and Mickie James
    back in the WWE I wonder how Cena feels about this.

Could make a great episode of the Total/Bella Divas show.

Huh? When? Where?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Huh? When? Where?

NXT Takeover Toronto Spoilers :
    Mickie is Asukas next opponent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

beakerjoe wrote: »
    NXT Takeover Toronto Spoilers :
    Mickie is Asukas next opponent

Don't get to see much nXt... where did the other half return to?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Don't get to see much nXt... where did the other half return to?
    Where have you been, they havent been an item for some time. Kenny is on Smackdown.

Mickie is now married to Magnus from TNA/British Gladiators fame

I'm delighted with the news of asukas next opponent.

Matt Sydal aka Evan Bourne has apparently busted for drugs in Japan. Ouch.

Thats his NJPW career done and he will be lucky to avoid prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Codi Rhodes will be in Arrow next week. I was going to put it in his thread but couldn't find it.

Also big show was a back up dancer in lip sync battle

Codi Rhodes will be in Arrow next week. I was going to put it in his thread but couldn't find it.

Also big show was a back up dancer in lip sync battle

Lip Sync Battle is the most pointless show invented. Utter tripe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

SPOILERS GALORE
    The NXT tapings for October 19th, 26th and November 2nd took place yesterday, a guy on Reddit has the lowdown - Link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Lip Sync Battle is the most pointless show invented. Utter tripe

I agree but I love it

The tweet seems to suggest Big Bill will compete on Raw, seeing as he is due to appear on Raw before then

https://twitter.com/KeyBankCtr/status/786959973406375936

Bill to appear on The Highlight Reel with Jericho they do have a bit of history ;)

Bill is on The List for sure.

Bill to appear on The Highlight Reel with Jericho they do have a bit of history ;)

Bill is on The List for sure.

It was done 12 years ago..... says alot about WWEs ability to create new stars. Money for old rope.

That being said Im happy if that goes ahead, at least Bill isnt squashing Rich Swann and Tony Nese and Im sure Jericho will get plenty of mileage out of him.

• Advertisement

The tweet seems to suggest Big Bill will compete on Raw, seeing as he is due to appear on Raw before then

https://twitter.com/KeyBankCtr/status/786959973406375936

People seem to be misinterpreting this. This will be the first time since 2003 that Goldberg appears on a WWE show in Buffalo. He's not wrestling. I'm not sure why people are reading it that way! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Monokne wrote:
    People seem to be misinterpreting this. This will be the first time since 2003 that Goldberg appears on a WWE show in Buffalo. He's not wrestling. I'm not sure why people are reading it that way!

I wouldn't be shocked if they fed Braun to him before Survivor Series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Damn Goldberg appearing on the raw before and after the Glasgow raw I'm going too but really wasn't expecting him to be in Scotland (will prob get a mention in the 7th Nov show eg graphic on the tron etc)

Jericho on the other hand is appearing at a few of the wwe live events on the Euro tour but not the Glasgow raw. The arena website has him listed but WWE.com doesn't

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JIm Ross confirmed as one of the commentators for ITV's World of Sport.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    JIm Ross confirmed as one of the commentators for ITV's World of Sport.

He's busier now then when he has management in WWE. Well good for him. Jr will bring an instant air of credibility to the outside the ring product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/aj-styles-says-he-wants-to-wrestle-shawn-michaels-at-royal-rumble

WWE are trying hard to get Michaels (who is a trainer at the developmental centre) to agree to do the match

Id love to see to the match but dont think Michaels will do it

Daniel Bryan vs Aj Styles would also be a good dream match and there is tension (keyfabe) there between the 2

Hope Shawn doesn't do it. Firstly because no one wants to see him work half bald. And secondly, more importantly, because I was there for his last match and I want to be able to continue to say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hope Shawn doesn't do it. Firstly because no one wants to see him work half bald. And secondly, more importantly, because I was there for his last match and I want to be able to continue to say that.

As was i!

Ya, I kinda want Shawn to be the one to buck the trend, and stay true to his word. He Doesn't need to come out of retirement - his body of work speaks for itself

And more importantly he wouldn't want to let you or I down Gerry. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And in other HBK news, he has joined the cast of Avengers of Justice Farce Wars a spoof film of the Star Wars franchise and Marvel superhero adventures with Amy Smart, Stephen Rannazzisi and Simon Rex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    And in other HBK news, he has joined the cast of Avengers of Justice Farce Wars a spoof film of the Star Wars franchise and Marvel superhero adventures with Amy Smart, Stephen Rannazzisi and Simon Rex

And he's in a movie with Brett Dalton (Grant Ward from Agents Of SHIELD) coming out next year

Speaking of HBK I saw a picture of him recently, I think around the time he get the PC job and **** me he's aged badly. I know it isn't this but he looked worse than Scott hall when he was goosed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

As much as I'd love to see that match happen. Surely it's too big for the rumble. A dream match like that could only be held at Wrestlemania IMO

x43r0 wrote: »
    As much as I'd love to see that match happen. Surely it's too big for the rumble. A dream match like that could only be held at Wrestlemania IMO

It's a stadium show in Shawn's hometown though.

I just read Ellsworth's t-shirt is out selling Goldberg's on WWE Shop and is the biggest selling item this week.

I hope the guy is getting some royalties out of it at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Speaking of HBK I saw a picture of him recently, I think around the time he get the PC job and **** me he's aged badly. I know it isn't this but he looked worse than Scott hall when he was goosed.

He was in amazing shape this year for Wrestlemania. He looked better than he did when he had his last match. Just could do with a shave...

Shawn-Michaels.jpg

The Rock really must be the busiest man in Hollywood.

The Rock & Brian Gewirtz with Will Ferrell are making a wrestling Comedy for Fox about their experiences in wrestling.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/dwayne-johnson-wrestling-comedy-fox-the-rock-will-ferrell-1201895830/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm thinking it will be something like This is Spinal Tap. Might even get special guest wrestlers on the show.

I just read Ellsworth's t-shirt is out selling Goldberg's on WWE Shop and is the biggest selling item this week.

I hope the guy is getting some royalties out of it at least.

I very strongly doubt that is their biggest selling item this week.

• Advertisement

Shawn's great grandfather:
    ShawnMichaelsNXTTripleH.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement