Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Frenchy Martin has died

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

paulie21 wrote: »
    Frenchy Martin has died

Sad news. Him and Dino bravo are reunited again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Monokne wrote: »
    Shawn's great grandfather:
    ShawnMichaelsNXTTripleH.jpg

Jaysus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Bah, he looked a ****ing state when he retired and that was 6 years ago. The guy can't dress himself to save his life either. If he did come back, he'd only look slightly worse than he did at the point of his retirement. By all accounts hes still very fit and whatnot.

Now, if I was him, I don't think I'd come back, but it's a lot more to do with the theme song than the age itself. It was ridiculous in 2010 but everyone was used to it, for the nostalgia appearances every now and then it's okay too, he's retired... but walking to the ring in tights and no shirt, cockeyed and bald, to sexy boy probably isn't super alluring to him when he asks himself "would returning **** on my legacy?"

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

imo hes a prick, always will be, but one of the very best wrestlers ever. Let him be old. Commenting on his appearance now after he spent what, 25/30 years wrestling (with 20 of them at the top, aside from his umm, absence). Yes, thats what a 51 year old man can look like, especially one who had massive drug problems.

also - learn how to read photo's and what people can look like in them.

and no, he should never come back and neither should Austin. They both retired right and for the right reasons. Its done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

BMMachine wrote: »
    imo hes a prick, always will be, but one of the very best wrestlers ever. Let him be old. Commenting on his appearance now after he spent what, 25/30 years wrestling (with 20 of them at the top, aside from his umm, absence). Yes, thats what a 51 year old man can look like, especially one who had massive drug problems.

also - learn how to read photo's and what people can look like in them.

and no, he should never come back and neither should Austin. They both retired right and for the right reasons. Its done.

What massive problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What massive problems?

In 2002 his kids had to try wake him up in the shower after he passed out from drugs. He is really open about it, but from the mid 90s until then he was "a good drug addict" in his own words, ie the one that others didn't mind being around even if he was self destructing inside.

In 2002 his kids had to try wake him up in the shower after he passed out from drugs. He is really open about it, but from the mid 90s until then he was "a good drug addict" in his own words, ie the one that others didn't mind being around even if he was self destructing inside.

Pain meds or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Pain meds or what?

Pain meds and coke I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Says a lot about the current roster when people are calling for more old names to return. Goldberg returning is something I'd never think I'd see it but hardly surprising when so few names have benefited from the brand split yet.
    Styles, Miz have but others like Rollins & Ambrose have went backwards. Still don't know about Owens & Jericho while funny I don't view them as elevated despite the push. Jericho is more a upper card comedy act in a way who keeps his material fresh (so few do these days) & Owens character has a vibe like someone who doesn't feel he deserves to be where he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Think you've mixed up two stories!

He was gimmicked up and passed out on the couch and his only kid(at the time), 2 year old Cameron was climbing on him saying 'Daddy won't wake up'. When Rebecca told him the story later, he cleaned up.

He did often get woozy in the shower and Rebecca would have to force him to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ERG89 wrote: »
    Says a lot about the current roster when people are calling for more old names to return. Goldberg returning is something I'd never think I'd see it but hardly surprising when so few names have benefited from the brand split yet.
    Styles, Miz have but others like Rollins & Ambrose have went backwards. Still don't know about Owens & Jericho while funny I don't view them as elevated despite the push. Jericho is more a upper card comedy act in a way who keeps his material fresh (so few do these days) & Owens character has a vibe like someone who doesn't feel he deserves to be where he is.

Have to disagree about ambrose he's been great since summerslam and feud with aj/cena has been stellar.

I couldn't even watch him before the draft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Dynamite Kid seems to be in rough shape. His wife has apparently started a Go Fund Me campaign to bring him home from a care home and is looking to raise £20,000. Not 100 per cent certain this has been verified yet, but Chris Jericho retweeted it...

https://twitter.com/IamBLAMEY/status/789916933567156224

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dynamite Kid was a great wrestler.
    Tom Billington is a horrible person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This just popped up on my Facebook feed way to make a guy feel old.
    Goldust made his grand and bizarre WWE debut twenty-one years ago today!

Omackeral wrote: »

This feels entirely unreasonable. Judging someone in 2016 based on stories from the 80's...I mean come on, really?

Put it this way, I hope people aren't basing their opinions of you in 2030 based on things you did in 2005.

This just popped up on my Facebook feed way to make a guy feel old.

Jesus.....

Yeah not to sound uncaring but tom billington seems to be/have been a grade A **** of a human being.

Omackeral wrote: »

This feels entirely unreasonable. Judging someone in 2016 based on stories from the 80's...I mean come on, really?

Put it this way, I hope people aren't basing their opinions of you in 2030 based on things you did in 2005.
    It's not stories from the 1980s. He seems to have not got any better as has come across as a bitter person and a nasty one.

Itssoeasy wrote:
    It's not stories from the 1980s. He seems to have not got any better as has come across as a bitter person and a nasty one.

I'm not sure about that. There's no doubt Dynamite was awful in the 80s but from what I gather he has softened somewhat in recent years. Tyson Kidd did an interview on Jericho's podcast where he mentioned he had a chance to meet him in England but turned it down as Dynamite was his hero and he heard stories he was bitter and so didn't want his image of Dynamite ruined. But he said later Harry Smith did take the chance to meet him and Dynamite was great to him, and as a result Tyson said he regretted not meeting him when he had the chance.

He had a pretty awful past two decades or so and I find it hard to think badly of him.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »

What are you basing that on? He's been living in a wheelchair with almost no public presence for two decades. Exactly what's he done that's bitter and/or nasty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Well I think anyone that wakes their wife up regularly with a gun under their chin saying ''one day this will be loaded'' is a bit of a low life. Read Michelle Billington's interview in FSM and there's more. He dislocated her jaw and allegedly broke her legs for also. On top of that he was a bully boy scumbag too. Time passing doesn't excuse that in my opinion, and even if it did, I didn't do any of that sh*t back in '05 so I'm alright in that regard!

Well that's a relief :)

I'm not sure about that. There's no doubt Dynamite was awful in the 80s but from what I gather he has softened somewhat in recent years. Tyson Kidd did an interview on Jericho's podcast where he mentioned he had a chance to meet him in England but turned it down as Dynamite was his hero and he heard stories he was bitter and so didn't want his image of Dynamite ruined. But he said later Harry Smith did take the chance to meet him and Dynamite was great to him, and as a result Tyson said he regretted not meeting him when he had the chance.

He had a pretty awful past two decades or so and I find it hard to think badly of him.

Well harry smith was Davey boys kid and the British bulldog was his actual cousin. He's going to be nice to him.

He comes across in the CNN interview as a bitter person. No one made him work the style he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I think it can all be summed up with: we all know he's been a wanker in his day, and maybe he shouldn't be celebrated or inspire too much sympathy now, but it's also a bit jarring to drag up his worst moments when people are posting about his poor health condition. It comes across as if you're celebrating someone else's suffering, whether you mean to or not, and that's not cool regardless of the sufferer and is always gonna rub people up the wrong way.

If you hate him, you can view this as karma. If you admired his work in the ring and can separate it from his misdeeds out of it, that's okay too, lord knows we've done it with enough people.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I absolutely love watching Dynamite Kid matches. my most searched for on the network. unbelievable talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

leggo wrote: »
    I think it can all be summed up with: we all know he's been a wanker in his day, and maybe he shouldn't be celebrated or inspire too much sympathy now, but it's also a bit jarring to drag up his worst moments when people are posting about his poor health condition. It comes across as if you're celebrating someone else's suffering, whether you mean to or not, and that's not cool regardless of the sufferer and is always gonna rub people up the wrong way.

If you hate him, you can view this as karma. If you admired his work in the ring and can separate it from his misdeeds out of it, that's okay too, lord knows we've done it with enough people.

This. To be honest I'm taken a back by some of the comments made in Twitter towards him, with as said previously it coming across as if some are celebrating the fact that the man is in the condition he is in. That, to me, is sick. There are people in this world that I view as being no better than scum, however I'd never wish ill on them because it affects not only their lives, but their families.

Is Tom a good role model? Absolutely not. Since I was young he was my go to wrestler, but I never viewed him as a good person. However, as others have said, these are all taken from stories from over 20 years ago. He never killed anyone, and you can make changes in your life to become a decent person. By all accounts, I don't blame him for being bitter today; he has been dealt a **** hand. I've donante to the appeal, not just as a thank you for all the years on in ring entertainment, but because it will make life easier for those around him.

Nice to see some levity around here. Agree with your comments lads.

Well harry smith was Davey boys kid and the British bulldog was his actual cousin. He's going to be nice to him.

His relationship with his cousin was toxic at the end. There was no guarantee he would be nice to Davey Boy's son. And I suspect the 'old' Dynamite would not have been.

• Advertisement

His relationship with his cousin was toxic at the end. There was no guarantee he would be nice to Davey Boy's son. And I suspect the 'old' Dynamite would not have been.

Yeah it might have been with davey boy but his son wasn't him.

The one and only undertaker has shown up at the Cleveland cavillers season opener in full on gear. And he looks good and is moving well according to people there.

http://www.foxsports.com/wwe/story/the-undertaker-showed-up-in-cleveland-for-the-cavs-season-opener-102516

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The one and only undertaker has shown up at the Cleveland cavillers season opener in full on gear. And he looks good and is moving well according to people there.

http://www.foxsports.com/wwe/story/the-undertaker-showed-up-in-cleveland-for-the-cavs-season-opener-102516

Supernatural hair growing powers there too, by the looks of it.

Well he can levitate, summon fire and control light. Wouldn't shock me if he can grow his hair on command Gerry.

Well he can levitate, summon fire and control light. Wouldn't shock me if he can grow his hair on command Gerry.

Well, they do say that your hair continues to grow after you die so... :P:D

WWE just tweeted BREAKING NEWS:

Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series

In other news, the sky is blue & water is wet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

He comes across in the CNN interview as a bitter person. No one made him work the style he did.
    The only decent Dynamite Kid interview I have ever seen was in Nine Legends which came out this year. It's about 15 minutes of him talking non stop, clear and coherent. On their site the guy who interviews him goes into detail about how he handled it to get it right. They've just released an "expansion pack" where Mark Rocco talks Dyno which could be interesting:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    WWE just tweeted BREAKING NEWS:

Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series

In other news, the sky is blue & water is wet

Going off recent shows & watching this past week's RAW, I'm completely "Meh" about the match even though it's still a month away.

Survivor Series expanding to 4 hours this year.

http://pwslam.com/wwe-expand-years-survivor-series/

Becky Lynch firing back at Kevin Dunn for not understanding her accent.

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/792152352019116033

Context

https://twitter.com/ProWrestlingMag/status/791640793857531904

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Survivor Series expanding to 4 hours this year.

http://pwslam.com/wwe-expand-years-survivor-series/

It's bad enough staying up late to watch a 3 hour PPV, but 4 hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Taking shots at one of Vince's cronies probably isn't the smartest idea.

Her tweet was at 12:53am..... not the best idea in the world to tweet or text or even use your mobile at that time of the night imo if there's vino envolved ,which there usually is!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Her tweet was at 12:53am..... not the best idea in the world to tweet or text or even use your mobile at that time of the night imo if there's vino envolved ,which there usually is!!

12.53 irish time so 7.53pm in Florida.

ceegee wrote: »
    12.53 irish time so 7.53pm in Florida.

Isn't the time stamp on the tweet her local time no??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Isn't the time stamp on the tweet her local time no??

No, its only half ten there now so couldnt have been her local time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

J. Marston wrote: »
    Taking shots at one of Vince's cronies probably isn't the smartest idea.

Not the smartest move sure but fair play to her for standing up for herself. Dunn can fùck right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well I have to admit her accent is very grating at times to me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

What part of Dublin is Becky from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Was waiting for her to call Alexa Bliss a "bleeding eejit" at one stage during that promo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I think Vince would actually respect her more for standing up for herself.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement