Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

leggo wrote: »
    While there's not as clear a way of looking at it as there used to be with buyrates (especially with no detailed analysis of Network figures available to the public), one way you could quantify it is to look at PPV card he appeared on and ask "Is this lacking without his match?" As a main eventer and focal point of the company (like during his most recent title reign), he's definitely box office, offers mainstream/crossover appeal and anyone competing at the top with him automatically rises a few notches by proxy, but right now he adds depth and main event appeal to WWE cards. You can't really put a figure on how valuable it is that Survivor Series would've seemed really crap and the WWE/Survivor Series brand would really diminish without Lesnar/Goldberg, except whether someone is willing to pay it, and WWE obviously are.

This is an intelligent post.

The true answer to the "Is Lesnar worth the money?" can only be answered by Vince McMahon and in March 2015 he answered yes. It is true he moved tickets for the Chicago house show on which he worked with Orton but equally when he works at Survivors or the Rumble, those shows are selling out anyway and the subscribers gained by those shows are minimal now anyway. Equally, he means a little for ratings but at this point he's on about a third of the year and I think the people know he's going to do little other than snarl on Raw, meaning his value there is minimal.

So essentially his worth is more one of the prestige having a star at his level attached to the product, and the entertainment value in storylines. Honestly only the people at the top can really evaluate that and it seems they think he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/vince-mcmahon-said-to-be-very-high-on-a-raw-superstar

Didn't see that coming lol. The new Roman Reigns I'd say

Love to see him as a monster heel who retires Enzo (he turns into a full time commentator, a role in which be would be perfect imo)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/vince-mcmahon-said-to-be-very-high-on-a-raw-superstar

Didn't see that coming lol. The new Roman Reigns I'd say

Love to see him as a monster heel who retires Enzo (he turns into a full time commentator, a role in which be would be perfect imo)

lol, Vine ate a member berry that was saying "memba' Diesel?!"
    I like Cass and all but ****ing hell, dont push him into nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Im not clicking that newz link on my phone but Im guessing their scoop is that Cass is getting a push. What a shocker the guy thats 6'10 with long hair is getting a push at the expense of his short tag partner in WWE. Also Enzo would be an awful commentator in that gimmick. He needs to be a sleezeball Paul E Dangerously type manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I was literally saying everything in that story here 6 months ago, with no sources, just knowing what Vince likes. To be fair I was expecting him to split them by now after Cass' mini-singles run while Enzo was hurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I'm sorry but it needs to be said. Enzo is awful. He's the dirt worst in the ring and I hate watching his matches. Botches everything.

Good on the mic though although it is the same promo time and time again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Enzo is terrible in the ring. He's the kind of wrestler who I'm scared for when he's in the ring. That suicide dive he does is terrifying.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

BMMachine wrote: »
    lol, Vine ate a member berry that was saying "memba' Diesel?!"
    I like Cass and all but ****ing hell, dont push him into nothing

209hv28.jpg

Ooohhh I member.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hear about them all the time but don't know much about them, are they meant to be heels or faces? Anytime I see them, they annoy the shít out of me.

• Advertisement

That's the gimmick. Like Kevin Owens basically. Heels that are so annoying most people like them.

I don't, for the record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

John Cena is hosting SNL 10th of Dec on NBC

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

According to JR, Lita has left WWE and is no longer under their employ.

Both her and Jerry Lawler were removed from the pre-shows last week. Guess they had no other job for her...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I liked Lita on the pre-shows.

I liked Lita on the pre-shows.

Im not being funny but why? She is an awful speaker. Always found any segment involving her clunky and she came across very unnatural. And I like Lita

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Linda McMahon got rewarded by Trump after all...

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/806614383858241538

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Linda McMahon got rewarded by Trump after all...

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/806614383858241538

So that's what $6million gets you with trump ? So much for draining the swamp.

McMahon/McMahon, 2020. That's the ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

LeeJM wrote: »
    Im not being funny but why? She is an awful speaker. Always found any segment involving her clunky and she came across very unnatural. And I like Lita

If we all liked the same thing the world would be a sad place.

• Advertisement

If we all liked the same thing the world would be a sad place.

Eh, I just asked why you liked her in that role and then pointed out why I didnt. Not really sure why you have evaded the question but fair enough. Will remember to no longer ask you to explain why you enjoy something

Monokne wrote: »
    McMahon/McMahon, 2020. That's the ticket.

Inauguration Day.

"Oh the name on the ballot does say McMahon...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A return to the McMahon/Helmsley era?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

When It comes to Lita, I wont mind her being gone. While I don’t hate her, she comes across to me as someone who couldn’t care about being there. Her attitude on the shows was one who didn’t believe or have enthusiasm for what she was saying. In contrast, Corey Graves, Rene Young and even an annoying Booker T, come across as more sincere and believable on the panel.

Lawler is just painful and I'm thrilled to see him go. He should of went years ago and him departing is extremely long overdue. I won’t miss his outdated comments, sleazy demeanour and downright ignorance. Another legend who over stayed his welcome.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    When It comes to Lita, I wont mind her being gone. While I don’t hate her, she comes across to me as someone who couldn’t care about being there. Her attitude on the shows was one who didn’t believe or have enthusiasm for what she was saying. In contrast, Corey Graves, Rene Young and even an annoying Booker T, come across as more sincere and believable on the panel.

Lawler is just painful and I'm thrilled to see him go. He should of went years ago and him departing is extremely long overdue. I won’t miss his outdated comments, sleazy demeanour and downright ignorance. Another legend who over stayed his welcome.
    He was fantastic on commentary on Smackdown earlier this year. Him and Mauro were the best team in the business for a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Monokne wrote: »
    He was fantastic on commentary on Smackdown earlier this year. Him and Mauro were the best team in the business for a time.
    Lawler was invincible for years because he showed Vince (who has huge abandonment issues) that he didn't need him by walking out in 2001.
    Years of laziness coupled with that incident earlier in the year that highlighted how his private life could be a liability left him needing to actually bother to keep his job.

I've no doubt he'd've stopped bothering within a few months.

• Advertisement

According to PWInsider

Multiple WWE sources have confirmed that Mickie James has signed a multi-year deal with the company.
    Currently, the plan is for James to appear on the Smackdown brand, likely debuting in January 2017.

Obviously impressed them enough with her NXT appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    According to PWInsider

Multiple WWE sources have confirmed that Mickie James has signed a multi-year deal with the company.
    Currently, the plan is for James to appear on the Smackdown brand, likely debuting in January 2017.

Obviously impressed them enough with her NXT appearance.

Looking forward to her been fed to Nikki Bella

That's great news. Big fan of Mickie. I'm okay with that second sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'd take Lawler having a constant heart attack on commentary over David Otunga every time.

J. Marston wrote: »
    That's great news. Big fan of Mickie.

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

How long before Vince slides in a Piggie James underneath the radar of his PG era.

hqdefault.jpg

Editing my post?!

BVbv7ZY.gif

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    How long before Vince slides in a Piggie James underneath the radar of his PG era.

Well hopefully WWE has moved on since then. And how anyone can say she is overweight is on something. She looks in great shape and always did. Kevin Dunn you Bucky beaver...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is Eva Marie gone lads?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is Eva Marie gone lads?

No, she was on a wellness violation (an Apparent mistake by her, nothing major) and since then she's been filminh a movie with Nicolas cage. She'll be back soon

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is Eva Marie gone lads?
    Gone where ? Didn't she say she was was letting "wrestling injuries" 🙄 Heal ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Gone where ? Didn't she say she was was letting "wrestling injuries" 🙄 Heal ?

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0909/617337/wwe-star-appearing-in-new-movie-with-nicolas-cage/

Na shes been filming the last while. Also she has dyed her hair black for the movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So I see Cody Rhodes is now in the Bullet Club with NJPW. Going under the moniker "The American Nightmare".

Could be interesting

As per WOR

There was a minor shakeup in WWE creative today. Tom Casiello, the managing lead writer, who oversaw the Raw & Smackdown writing teams, was let go. He was a key person who was very influential in the push of the women of late.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    So I see Cody Rhodes is now in the Bullet Club with NJPW. Going under the moniker "The American Nightmare".

Could be interesting
    From what Omega had been saying before, I was fully sure that it was going to be Ryback joining BC.

• Advertisement

Could be interesting

Nothing about Cody Rhodes is interesting.

Could be interesting

Didnt Dustin aka Goldust do use the same moniker in WCW? Didnt go well for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Bit "Meh" about Cody but this is a f'n deadly promo. He is finely dressed and dapper. "American Nightmare" obviously is a play on his dad's moniker but if there's going to be a touch of "American Psycho" to him in NJPW count me all in.

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/807517526200438785

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

As per WOR

There was a minor shakeup in WWE creative today. Tom Casiello, the managing lead writer, who oversaw the Raw & Smackdown writing teams, was let go. He was a key person who was very influential in the push of the women of late.

Wasn't Triple H getting the credit for that as he does anything positive on WWE television

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Dunno if it was mentioned but there was a great article about WWE a day or two ago about the state of business in WWE and it reveals some interesting stuff on the power dynamic within the company (note - it's a long read but worth a look):

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/breaking-kayfabe-an-inside-look-at-wwes-unlikely-business-empire

Most interesting revelation was that in 2012 Shane McMahon brought a writer friend of his and suggested to Vince that he take over control of WWE Creative, which apparently alarmed Stephanie and HHH. In the end, Vince decided against going that route. Also says that Kevin Dunn set up the move as he and Shane are close, and that he's not popular with Triple H and Stephanie.

One thing that becomes apparent when you read the article is that the whole 'WWE are family' stuff is BS as far as executives go, because if they need to find a scapegoat they are ruthless in doing so. You also don't get the sense there will be a smooth transition when it comes to the post-Vince era.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/chris-hero-heading-back-wwe-226336?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Chris Hero is going back to WWE. Its been the worst kept secret for the last 3 months or so but I am delighted for Hero. He alongside AJ Styles has been the best wrestler in the world this year. For those not familiar with him, look beyond his huge gut and look at his work. Nobody in the world can change the tone of a match with a single strike like Chris Hero can. Also from the more reputable Twitter folk its believed he will be keeping his name and not going back to Kassius Ohno. Hopefully he also keeps his amazing theme song 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Given that Kevin Owens' name plays up the KO I'd say it's highly likely Kassius Ohno won't be back.

Delighted to hear he's returning. Was a big fan of his original NXT run.

Id love to see him and Cesaro get back together

I'll post this in the Japan thread too, but here's the full Wrestle Kingdom 11 card

Wrestle Kingdom 11 Full Card

#Wrestle Kingdom 11 (January 4th) Card:

**3:00am Eastern / 12:00am Pacific / 8:00am UK / 5:00pm Japan**

* Pre-show Rumble

* Tiger Mask W (likely Kota Ibushi) vs. Tiger The Dark
    * **IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag-Team Championship:** The Young Bucks (c) vs Roppongi Vice
    * **NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag-Team Championship:** Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet, & David Finlay (c) vs. LIdJ (SANADA/EVIL/BUSHI) vs. CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii/Will Ospreay/YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Bullet Club (Hangman Page/Yujiro Takahashi/Bad Luck Fale)

* **Special Singles Match:** Juice Robinson vs. Cody Rhodes
    * **RoH World Championship:** Kyle O'Reilly (c) vs. Adam Cole
    * **IWGP Tag-Team Championship:** Guerillas of Destiny (c) vs. Great Bash Heel
    * **IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship:** KUSHIDA (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi
    * **NEVER Openweight Championship:** Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto
    * **IWGP Intercontinental Championship:** Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito.

* **IWGP Heavyweight Championship:** Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega

#Road to Tokyo Dome Day 1 (December 16) Card:

**4:30am Eastern / 1:30am Pacific / 9:30am UK / 6:30pm Japan**

* Jushin Liger and Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto and Jado

* CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, YOSHI-HASHI, & Gedo) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega, Bad Luck Fale, & Yujiro Takahashi)

* Yuji Nagata, Ryusuke Taguchi, & Yo****atsu vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Tiger Mask IV, & Henare

* **Special Singles Match:** Tomohiro Ishii vs. Chase Owens

* Great Bash Heel and Juice Robinson vs. Bullet Club (Guerillas of Destiny and BONE SOLDIER)

* TenKoji and David Finlay vs. LIdJ (BUSHI, EVIL, and SANADA)

* Hiroshi Tanahashi and KUSHIDA vs. LIdJ (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu Takahashi)

#Road to Tokyo Dome Day 2 (December 17) Card:

**4:30am Eastern / 1:30am Pacific / 9:30am UK / 6:30pm Japan**

* Jushin Liger and Henare vs. Ryusuke Taguchi and Yo****atsu

* CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Gedo) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and BONE SOLDIER)

* Great Bash Heel and Juice Robinson vs. Bullet Club (Guerillas of Destiny and Chase Owens)

* **Special Singles Match:** Yuji Nagata vs. Manabu Nakanishi

* CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and Jado) vs. Katsuyori Shibata and Tiger Mask IV

* TenKoji, Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, & David Finlay vs. LIdJ (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL, Hiromu Takahashi, & BUSHI)

* CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega & Bad Luck Fale)

• Advertisement

I heard about the rumours back in august and was told he would be back by the new year. Chris Hero going back to WWE is great news for wrestling. Hero is a special talent and his 2016 in-ring work has been the best of his career IMO. It was a shame it didn’t work out for him in NXT the first time around as he was in the best physical shape of his career. He’s a true gent too, if you listen to him on any podcast he is a huge wrestling fan himself and comes off as a down to earth wrestling fan at the heart. Delighted his weight/look didn’t put WWE off resigning him and hopefully it doesn’t hold him back either. Id love him to debut at the Rumble

If anyone hasn’t seen his work, I urge you to get on to YouTube and hunt his available back catalogue. From His ROH days to his indy run last year, you won’t be disappointed. One of my true favs outside of WWE.
    LeeJM wrote: »
    http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/chris-hero-heading-back-wwe-226336?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Chris Hero is going back to WWE. Its been the worst kept secret for the last 3 months or so but I am delighted for Hero. He alongside AJ Styles has been the best wrestler in the world this year. For those not familiar with him, look beyond his huge gut and look at his work. Nobody in the world can change the tone of a match with a single strike like Chris Hero can. Also from the more reputable Twitter folk its believed he will be keeping his name and not going back to Kassius Ohno. Hopefully he also keeps his amazing theme song 

Id say he could be used in a multitude of ways. He could easily slot back in to NXT, which is a hell of a lot more "super indy" than when Hero was previously there. Also he could easily make the journey to the main roster also. I would love him to be the man to take down Braun myself or even a new Wyatt Family member could work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement