Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a bike in Limerick - Recommendations?

• 04-04-2015 12:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a bike - where might I find a shop in or around the city?

New or decent secondhand would be ok - I'm not looking for anything too fancy.

I wandered around today but saw nothing in the city centre.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Bike Shop on O'Connell Ave is a good spot as is Siopa Rothar on John Street, both locally run businesses too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

If you dont mind travelling theres Croom Cycles or Kilmallock Bike Shop both very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

RAW cycles in Delta Retail Park, great range of bikes there and the guys are the best bike mechanics in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Halfords.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

Raw in delta if you can get out there, great to deal with..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Buy and sell? Done Deal?

Lot of bikes on there at present... I got a peach of a bike - Giant Revel 2 - last year for about 40% of cost. Barely used.

Just bought an iMac for 450 against a similar spec 'new model' for over 2 grand.

Lot of bargains to be had - if you're willing to look around, box clever and haggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aneron

I only found second hand bikes in The Bike Shop on O'Connel Avenue:
    thebikeshoplimerick.ie

If you are looking for a better (more expensive) bike, than Siopa Rothar on John Street:
    sioparotharteo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Aneron wrote: »
    I only found second hand bikes in The Bike Shop on O'Connel Avenue:
    thebikeshoplimerick.ie

Really? did you go into the shop there are new bikes everywhere and I mean everywhere, 2nd hand are outside. Would recommend Siopa Rothar, found them best locally to deal with.

Just to be complete, Tribikes in raheen haven't been mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

ABEasy wrote: »
    Really? did you go into the shop there are new bikes everywhere and I mean everywhere, 2nd hand are outside. Would recommend Siopa Rothar, found them best locally to deal with.

Just to be complete, Tribikes in raheen haven't been mentioned.

I would guess that the poster meant that it was the only place they could find them, not that it had only second-hand bikes.

And thanks all for the suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aneron

Oh yes, sorry. I meant that is the only place I found second hand (and of course they have new bikes as well)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Isn't there a bike shop at the top of Roches Street also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Jofspring wrote: »
    Isn't there a bike shop at the top of Roches Street also.

Is he still in business, last time I call there I thought he was selling off stock and about to close.

Advertisement