Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared account

Options
  • 04-04-2015 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi, 

I'm a student currently living in a flat share but both the electricity and gas account are in my name. Currently, the other house mates put money into my bank when I tell them the bill is in.

Would it be possible to include their names into both accounts so that Electric Ireland could simply debit the amount each person is due without all the hassle of them having to put money into my bank account? 

Thanks very much, 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi ChaosD,

Thanks for your post.
    ChaosD wrote:
    Would it be possible to include their names into both accounts so that Electric Ireland could simply debit the amount each person is due without all the hassle of them having to put money into my bank account?

There can be a maximum of two names on an Electric Ireland account, and only a single direct debit (i.e. a single set of bank details) can be active on any given account at any one time, so unfortunately it would not be possible to facilitate this. 

The setup you currently have in place, whereby your friends transfer funds electronically to your bank account, is perhaps the most convenient payment method possible in the circumstances. For more information on the various payment methods we offer, see here.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement