Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

scimitar 1978 gte

Options
  • 04-04-2015 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi and Happy Easter to all. Getting my ford v6 Essex 3ltr back on Tuesday after a re-build,
    should I put evans waterless coolant or water and antifreeze, also will drain the auto gearbox is Dextron 3 all right to use in it. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

I would put it in! especially with the generally poor cooling system in the SE6. Hope you have thrown out any "kevlar" hoses before you use Evans or it might just all end up on the road! Silicone hoses are the job and will outlive the car.

out of interest what did the rebuild entail and what was the cost ?

Cooling system is 12L so your going to need 2x5L and 2x1L bottles of Evans at least.
    If you are using the evans cleaning fluid too then let me know :) its good for 3 uses I have heard! your going to need 12 L of that too but you might get away with using it at all if you blow out the rad and cooling system.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 10X

Hi Joey, Left the engine in with engineering shop told them to do whatever it takes I want it
    right, wont be ready until the 16 april waiting for parts from England. No final price yet.
    Where can I get a set of rad hoses, also was thinking of putting in an extra fan any ideas
    of what fan to use. Im in wexford where are you at. Can you Pm me your E-mail address
    please. Patrick.

Queensbury Road garage do the set but you can make up your own and it works out cheaper.

Lots of details on Scimitarweb

here is the hose list of hoses that I used -

1 x 45-38 straight reducer
    2 x 38-35 90 reducer
    1m 1/2" rubber hose
    1m 5/8" rubber hose
    1 x 5/8" - 1/2" plastic reducer
    1 x Rony-flex hose 38mm x 400mm

http://www.scimitarweb.co.uk/sgwrs/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4935&p=85197&hilit=silicone#p85197

Photo0811.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26 10X

Hi joey, Thanks for the info will go that way. That car looks a stunner the amount of work
    you put into it is amazing . I have it all in front of me . Cant wait to get the engine back
    and start re-fitting the body then off to the painters, hope to have it finished end of may
    then hope we can meet up somewhere. Again thanks .

• Advertisement
Advertisement