Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a box that does it all?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭dubrov

Thanks STB. I'm now thinking the Gigablue Quad Plus with Vix is the way I will go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭Zardoz

A couple of guys over on sattvhelp have bought weteks and they have a sub forum dedicated to it. Might be of some use to anyone thinking of buying one.

I wouldnt recommend the Wetek yet ,its still got issues and requires serious time for configuring to watch satellite tv at the moment.

Its good for the Android side of things ,Kodi runs very nicely on it and its fine if you want to watch a bit of tv .

However if you want to configure it to have a 7 day epg, have picons ,structured channel lists and run Oscam ,like an Alien 2 or Edision its a steep learning curve.

There are alot of good tutorials out as Codar mentions and they simplify the setup if you are going to run Openelec which has TVFrontend and a 7 day epg but its still alot of work and the performance of the unti when watching tv is glitchy .

There are people making backups for Openelec which will be a great help .
    Its a new receiver so it needs time to develop the software but its promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭codar

dubrov wrote: »
    You'd really need a dual s2 and single t2 tuner and it doesn't look to be an option

Usb dvb-t/t2 works alongside onboard dual dvb-s2 tuner.
    Getting it setup from scratch is a steep learning curve alright though.
    I havent noticed it being glitchy when using the tuner side of things but channel changes are sluggish.
    Not an ideal living room receiver replacement yet, i admit, but a nice alternative to an android only box.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 iunited

I have a wetek play installed for the last two months.
    Twin satellite tuner, with xbmc.
    I have TVHEADEND all set up so I can watch the tv channels on xbmc on my pc,
    when I'm not in the main room.
    I'm very happy with it.
    On the Saorview side of things, I have a Sony PS3 Play Tuner, in one of the usb
    ports, as mentioned above.
    However, when I try to tune in the Saorview channels, I can't find any.
    Just wondering is there something I have to do in the initial set-up?
    Thanks in advance guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

Have you used the PlayTV before with other equipment, & you know there is a good Saorview signal from the TV aerial point you're currently using? Or maybe it's a set-top type aerial?

• Advertisement

Yes, I have used the PlayTV on my PS3, with a set-top type aerial, and it was fine.
    I don't have an aerial in my attic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

If the aerial is still in the same place as when you were using the PS3, & no obstructions or sources of interference have been introduced, then you would expect it to still be providing a usable signal. You could try moving it around a bit anyway.

Of course this is assuming that your problem is actually caused by poor signal, & not say a quirk of equipment or settings.

I can leave the aerial where it is and plug it into my saorview tv directly, and I have channels.
    So it's not an aerial or signal issue.
    I'm just wondering if I am not doing something correctly when I'm inputting the tuner configuration in tvheadend on the wetek, thanks again.

I can leave the aerial where it is and plug it into my saorview tv directly, and I have channels.
    I'm just wondering if I am not doing something correctly when I'm inputting the tuner configuration in tvheadend on the wetek, thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭Apogee

iunited wrote: »

What are your settings for the tuner configuration/channel searching on the Wetek?

• Advertisement

Apogee wrote: »
    What are your settings for the tuner configuration/channel searching on the Wetek?

I am going to network, selecting add network, typing DVB-T Network,
    give it the name Saorview.
    It even gives me a pre-defined muxes drop down list, and I select,
    Ireland: ie - Maghera.
    When i then check on the status icon, it's blank.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭Apogee

Apogee wrote: »
    Try using the manual settings.

Thanks Apogee,
    I'll check that out over the weekend.

Advertisement