Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payee invalid, after many years of validity...

Options
  • 04-04-2015 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I am trying to transfer money from my small business account to my family account, nothing changed from last week when I did the same, and still I am refused the transfer and the following message is presented:
    "The details for this payee are invalid. Please check with the payee for any changes to the account details e.g. BIC or IBAN. You will need to set up this payee again with the correct details before you can make a payment."
    Please advise asap and resolve the issue.
    Many thanks,
    Florin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

OP - One thing to check while you're waiting for a response is your sort code.

What I reckon most likely to have happened is your branch may have closed or changed sort code a time ago.

In the meantime the bank would have diverted the payment internally to the new sort code.

With SEPA they no longer do this so your payment will come back as invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Same thing happened to me this morning when trying to move money to wife's account (after many years of working fine). May be a system glitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Florins wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am trying to transfer money from my small business account to my family account, nothing changed from last week when I did the same, and still I am refused the transfer and the following message is presented:
    "The details for this payee are invalid. Please check with the payee for any changes to the account details e.g. BIC or IBAN. You will need to set up this payee again with the correct details before you can make a payment."
    Please advise asap and resolve the issue.
    Many thanks,
    Florin
    Hi Florins,

Thanks for your post. 

We are aware that users are experiencing this difficulty today when making a transfer online. Our Online team are looking into this as a priority and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. 
    Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please try making this transfer at a later stage today. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Florins

Sorted now, thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Florins

Thanks for the update, much appreciated. Apologies for the inconvenience on Saturday morning.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement
Advertisement