Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killjoys (Syfy - US Pace) [*** Spoilers ***]

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

very good season finale. Strange that both John and Dutch end up working with people who have killed their loved ones.

I always thought Dark Matter was more popular than Killjoys so surprised about the cancellation.
    General thought is that Dark Matter was much more expensive so if they were more or less pulling equal numbers in same slot...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nody wrote: »
    General thought is that Dark Matter was much more expensive so if they were more or less pulling equal numbers in same slot...

That's crazy if true, 'cos of the two shows it has always felt like Killjoys had a slightly larger scope, with I guess what turned out to be tighter purse strings.

As to finale, a really storming end to the season, with just enough open questions to keep things fairly in flux; looking forward to season 4 and who exactly 'The Lady' is. Only minor quibble would be that
    the Dutch / Aneela (sp) showdown felt a little on the anticlimactic side, but the sudden team-up is a pretty exciting prospect...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hannah John-Kamen has been popping up a lot of in movies this year; she's one of the main villains in Ready Player One & the Antman sequel (apparently got a personal recommendation from Spielberg too no less), while I've spotted her in smaller roles here and there. I suspect were this not the final season she'd have been out the door not longer after anyway, she obviously has her sights on Hollywood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought season 3 went off the rails a bit, but I enjoyed the season 4 opener.
    It was a bit more grounded (although that may have been because it was largely a flashback).

I think I still would have preferred if Dark Matter was renewed over this, though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Oh that was so good!

The flashback feeling so different to where they are now. So cool how it was done though.

Seems to be the small teamwork stories that feel like they work best for me.

I lol'd a fair bit during that one!
    "if you keep farting and snoring, I am going to kill you both"
    :D

Song at the end:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

It was a good episode, but to me it felt weird after the flashback episode... I see why they probably made that decision, but it was still a bit odd.

For a second I was like.. WHA.. but then D'avin had the armour :)

• Advertisement

Feels like they've set up nicely for a new baddie. Kinda felt a little similar to how Supernatural has done it in the past.

Story becoming clearer! This is getting good. I like how they linked back and explained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Good season so far but I think they need to actually show the bad guy. They are already 5 episodes in and no soght of the Lady

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

they are saving money by having 2 actors portray 4 characters in the green

Skerries wrote: »
    they are saving money by having 2 actors betray 4 characters in the green

:eek: Didn't click with me until now

Awe that episode!

That just really.. worked.. somehow.

At first I was a bit surprised to be connecting with the Pip but the.. kinda bravery? that happened had an affect.

Then the Jack story. That got fairly intense.

Meanwhile the RAC!

Totally agree, Killjoys not messing around this season and showing why they were right to be renewed and should be renewed again.

Oh, wait, this isn't the final season? I had assumed the fourth was to be the last run.

Had a wobbly start, season 1 trying way too hard to be cool, but once it settled down has quickly become a summer favourite.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh, wait, this isn't the final season? I had assumed the fourth was to be the last run.

Had a wobbly start, season 1 trying way too hard to be cool, but once it settled down has quickly become a summer favourite.
    It has one more season with season 5 supposed to be the last, but if it performs well this season, there's no reason SyFy can't renew it further.

• Advertisement

That was fun! Anyone ever think of the pun that this show is.. De..Khlyening? .. heheh.. no? :D

Another good episode. The mother was a surprise and I expect she'll be back after the war to make an honest group of 10 out of the 9 :)

Then the dripping of the green plan.. you know.. that was pretty clever. The lady is stuck except she's not cos DAMN SHES COLD! :eek:

Yeah very good season so far. Much better than the previous seasons that went before. Still hopefully they cast a good actress to play the Lady

That was good one. Some big emotional bonding between D'avin and Johnny aswell as D'avin and Dutch.

The graphics for the sun centrifuge scene for decent enough. Killjoys keeps it's own style like that and keeps it consistent.

Finally, I'm guessing Aneela is being tortured.

Ah no.. Pip!

Apart from that, I just don't know what's going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what about poor Weege!?

Skerries wrote: »
    what about poor Weege!?

Oh yeah Weege! That was a bit of a shock. Turin really sold that actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That felt like it was a series finale more than a season finale do hopefully they don't let the series finale next season end on a cliffhanger.

They ALWAYS end on a cliffhanger!

I was like WHAT!!!!??! Then to the wiki to check was it the finale and was all like ARGGHH!!

That was a good one. Still haven't seen the original lady or know if she was human/alien. Think next season will be her as a kid and growing. Maybe Jaq will be the fightback.

Two of the highlights were:
    - the many ... many .. poo face jokes.
    - the Pree motivational poster moment. It just kinda felt well done.. the line, the acting, the direction

and shur why not throw a quick poster together :)
    461960.jpg

I am bit cofused by the ending scene. Did they forget their memories or was that a made-up memory??

Looked like it. That the lady got out. Before this, she had the Hullen had been spreading a memory disease.

So at the end, it looks like we jumped ahead a bit. Everyones memory was wiped, the lady appears to be a kid and

and

and

cliffhanger!!!!

Yeah that was what I thought but they should have stated it was a time jump If you are answering questions I liked Pecks parting phrase "I'll meet you in the middle" but wasnt sure where the phrase originated from ??? They sure dispensed of some interesting characters this year

• Advertisement

"I'll meet you in the middle"
    I don't have anything on why Pip said it.

Could only brainstorm stuff I guess. Maybe something like:
    - something about love because they were keeping it kinda non-full commit
    - a reference to one of their belief systems
    - maybe he's talking literally about getting on an escape pod and where he'll end up, so maybe the middle of space or a middle planet

That was quite the cliffhanger to end on; yeah seems like The Lady got out, wiped "everyone's" memories and they're all living in this false version of The Quad - with those factories on Westerley doing ... something. Something evil anyway. I guess Season 5 will feature the main cast breaking out of their conditioning (perhaps via Aneela, given her fate is unclear) and leading the rebellion.

Admittedly though: am I the only one a bit done with The Lady? We never met the woman (I guess technically she doesn't exist?) and the Hullan stories feel a bit played out. I miss the simpler, corporate-conspiracy, frontier storytelling a little.

This has been a really fun show though, certainly once it got over those slight growing pains at the start.

Back for a final season on July 19th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I remember watching both this and Dark Matter at the same time, and switching back and forth between which was better. Can't remember if I'm up to date with either of them! Think I am with Dark Matter, not sure about this. Looks good!

Definitely a show that grew one me, and it has come a long way since those rough first episodes in Season 1

Hopefully this season was written as a final season and not cancelled after production was finished.

<trailer>

"Armageddon Deja Vu" :D

That should be a meme for heaps of TV and Films these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I remember watching both this and Dark Matter at the same time, and switching back and forth between which was better. Can't remember if I'm up to date with either of them! Think I am with Dark Matter, not sure about this. Looks good!

I miss Dark Matter :( That was a good show.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starts back tonight.

• Advertisement

Man Pree looks weird with hair. Good first episode

Now that's a return to form! :)
    At the end there... they're not gonna kill off Zeph are they?
    :eek:
    Man Pree looks weird with hair. Good first episode

Definitley, the first scene I was like.. wtf!!!

It's been ages since someone growing a beard caused me to need a double-take just to be sure who it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Finally managed to watch the episode and that was excellent entertainment.

Pree with hair and beard is just all sorts of wrong; wonder if perhaps the actor was filming for another role at the time, and they just went with the more hirsute version? Nobody else's appearance changed!

Good opening episode, though took a while to remember all the moving parts.

Pree with hair and beard is just all sorts of wrong; wonder if perhaps the actor was filming for another role at the time, and they just went with the more hirsute version? Nobody else's appearance changed!

Good opening episode, though took a while to remember all the moving parts.

Checked his imdb and I don't think he was filming anything else. I think they made him look that way to show that he a completely different person while under the Lady's control. He's now a Killjoy who is still in the closet who doesn't care too much about his looks or sexuality compared to his regular self. It's going to be hilarious when he finally is freed from the brainwashing and sees what he looks like now. (That could be also why they did this )

Looks like they're only partially in the closet, given Pree & Gared seem to have something going on, albeit with the latter feeling a bit shamed about it. As you say it'll be fun when Pree wakes up :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Looks like they're only partially in the closet, given Pree & Gared seem to have something going on, albeit with the latter feeling a bit shamed about it. As you say it'll be fun when Pree wakes up :D
    If we don't get a line along the lines of "I'm going to kill that bitch for what she's done to my face" or "Oh bitch this means war" etc. I'll be greatly disappointed.

5.2: Wait, what?
    Who's he gonna choose? Is it Jack for being the youngest? Was there some order already set out? Was it cos Jack has some secret power to beat the lady?

Good episode all the same.
    Gotta have a Flamethrower / Aliens moment!
    :)
    Zeph is lookin so messed up.. which is better than dead .. but like.. is she gonna last?

Slydice wrote: »
    5.2: Wait, what?
    Who's he gonna choose? Is it Jack for being the youngest? Was there some order already set out? Was it cos Jack has some secret power to beat the lady?
    I'd say give up Jack because a) he's far away and b) his daughter will go through hell to get him back while kicking the Lady's ass up and down the galaxy. Jack is not in immediate danger of being alienized esp. as he's out there and free while she's caught by the Lady.

• Advertisement

5.3:
    ah no Lucy! although.. maybe data recovery later?

Maybe Klein
    has a bit more going on than sacrificing anyone. I'm not sure where they are going with the

The overall plot though..
    kill the ladys real body sounds like the endgame.

Advertisement