Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killjoys (Syfy - US Pace) [*** Spoilers ***]

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Found number 3 a bit too "filler" for my blood, though it crept the plot along just far enough to not be an outright waste of time. Sad stuff with Lucy too :( I remain in the belief Johnny's true love has been his ship all this time. Potter was simply a distraction :D

Also not mad on this modern, overused SciFi trope of "kill the queen/nexus/central McGuffin, and it magically kills everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

5.4: Nucy!

Decent Spaceship Prison SciFi so far.
    Might not be the kill the Lady is the overall plot now. Maybe just stop her plan.

Other highlight, one arm push-ups!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

5.7 last week, and for those not caught up, a big, important development happens ... ... ;)
    Pree has shaved and looks his usual, fabulous self once more

Also, sometimes you gotta stand back and admire the cheesy sh*t-talking puns & zingers this show throws out. A hat tip to the "Dutch Oven" remark by Turrian :)

catchup-mode

5.5: :eek:
    Aneela!

You know, at first, I thought I'd be coming here to post about how well the colour scheme worked in the forest and how well the
    Dutch fights were done.. I mean wow Hannah John-Kamen looked stunning!

I wasn't expecting
    Aneela and not sure why that felt like such a surprise.. but a surprise it was!

5.6: lol, no surprise
    Qreshi are like the dinosaurs in Firefly
    :rolleyes:

Could see it coming when
    yer man, took out the boss who had betrayed his own boss.

Having a
    cloaking device is cool. Space battles,
    while they do happen in this series, don't feel a necessary part of it.

• Advertisement

5.7:
    Lucy is back!
    Baby! :D

Slydice wrote: »
    5.7:
    Lucy is back!
    Baby! :D

That was the one misstep IMO so far, making a bit thing or Lucy's
    death only to then bring her back a couple episodes later
    . Felt like lazy manipulation.

5.8: That was good. Felt like a real team building episode. Also felt like a
    trust-the-prisoners and Klein/Lady Team-build
    episode too. I liked Dutch and Zephs t-shirts at the end Brain and Brawn! :)
    pixelburp wrote: »
    That was the one misstep IMO so far, making a bit thing or Lucy's
    death only to then bring her back a couple episodes later
    . Felt like lazy manipulation.

I hope it's not
    the last we see of Nucy.
    I'd prefer the idea of t
    wo independent AIs
    being around.

5.8: That was good. Felt like a real team building episode. Also felt like a
    trust-the-prisoners and Klein/Lady Team-build
    episode too. I liked Dutch and Zephs t-shirts at the end Brain and Brawn! :)

I hope it's not
    the last we see of Nucy.
    I'd prefer the idea of t
    wo independent AIs
    being around.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Johnny will
    end up with a physical manifestation of Lucy. We saw her "real" face when she "died", and that wasn't the first time either. The show has always had an open mind with its romantic and familial structures, so Johnny and Lucy ending up together doesn't seem crazy, and TBH more believable than some 11th hour love.
    . On that, I suspect the prison warden is a red herring.

Caught up! I didn't remember seeing it before .. the next episode is the series finale! Booo!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killjoys_(TV_series)
    I hope there's something more in the future! Such a cool show like!

5.9:
    Plan came together!
    :)
    I'm not sure where they are going with it. It feels like
    Klein is worried about the Lady having a go at all the planets/moons
    but I dunno...
    The Nine might well be able to come together with all their happens and fend her off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭corkie

Caught up! I didn't remember seeing it before .. the next episode is the series finale! Booo!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killjoys_(TV_series)
    I hope there's something more in the future! Such a cool show like!
    The fifth and final season premiered July 19, 2019.

From your link, so unless some other network/streaming service takes it no more.

Good penultimate episode really; the apocalyptic plot basically tied up, leaving the personal arcs & character drama for the last-ever episode. Makes sense, given this has been a show whose appeal and cult following is predominantly due to its outsized - but ultimately human - cast of characters. I'll miss them all, which when a show is about the best feeling to have; looking back on the thread I was a lot kinder than I remember with that sketchy first season...
    With everything I usually watch either finishing up for the season, or entirely, I figured I'd give some of last summers fillers a go; gave killjoys a miss the first time around, but beggers can't be choosers n all.

It's actually not bad, if a little too eager to be 'quippy' and self aware, without the smart writing to back it up. The interruptions of eurotrash pop tracks really bleeds the ears though, hope that got sidelined for the second season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well that's the end to a fun series.

Hannah John doing her best Lara Croft audition look in those last two episodes.

5.10: Real save the day, wrap up the stories, let you know where they were going and go out with a bang!

Overall, they ended it well! I'm am indeed gonna miss this!

Creator Michelle Lovretta doesn't have anything listed as a next project:
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0522757/
    Hrmm.. hopefully something comes along!

They've wrapped the story but they've left plenty open to come back and explore this universe again if they ever wanted.
    Finally seeing what the lady race looks like in full form. Dead now but kept her consciousness in the human shell? Now there's a bunch of them spread out. That could be a hunting show or even "the events that happened" in between this show and the next. I dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

5.10: Real save the day, wrap up the stories, let you know where they were going and go out with a bang!

Overall, they ended it well! I'm am indeed gonna miss this!

Creator Michelle Lovretta doesn't have anything listed as a next project:
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0522757/
    Hrmm.. hopefully something comes along!

They've wrapped the story but they've left plenty open to come back and explore this universe again if they ever wanted.
    Finally seeing what the lady race looks like in full form. Dead now but kept her consciousness in the human shell? Now there's a bunch of them spread out. That could be a hunting show or even "the events that happened" in between this show and the next. I dunno.

Loretta is working on The Umbrella Academy

https://ie.ign.com/articles/2019/09/21/killjoys-series-finale-ending-explained-by-creator-michelle-lovretta

Cool
    IGN: What are you working on now? What’s next?

ML: Right now I'm on [the Netflix show] Umbrella Academy. I've been on consulting on that for four or five months. I had originally planned on taking a year to recharge. I have the kind of brain that, when things are quiet, it gets really noisy with imaginary people and new worlds, and it's kind of been doing that lately. I'm going to wait until I'm off this project, then decide what it is that I really want to do next.

Sounds like she's got ideas anyway :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

There's no mention of that in the article - has it vanished?!

ixoy wrote: »
    There's no mention of that in the article - has it vanished?!

Yeah it was removed from the article for some reason

Yup, as I thought, with the big threat neutralised, the finale became one of closure for characters. Which is probably the way things should be. Only the reveal of a certain someone did the plot get a bit too lazy, and maybe in another, lesser show I'd have begrudge the decision, but this is Team Awesome Force after all lol

I'll miss the show, and the cast within it. A fun summer romp that always had a glint in its eye, and some unconventional twists here and there.

Yup, as I thought, with the big threat neutralised, the finale became one of closure for characters. Which is probably the way things should be. Only the reveal of a certain someone did the plot get a bit too lazy, and maybe in another, lesser show I'd have begrudge the decision, but this is Team Awesome Force after all lol

I'll miss the show, and the cast within it. A fun summer romp that always had a glint in its eye, and some unconventional twists here and there.

Yeah, it’s probably one of the last good summer shows on Syfy apart from Wynona Earp. Vagrant Queen which comes out next year looks terrible and most new shows on Syfy tend to get cancelled after a season.

• Advertisement

Vagrant Queen which comes out next year

*googles* hrmmm..

not sure that's the right way to say yippee ki yay

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

*googles* hrmmm..

not sure that's the right way to say yippee ki yay
    Sorry but wtf... What's the point of trying to recreate Killjoy with a new cast in a new universe? Talk about trying to piss of your own fan base.

Wow, that Vagrant Queen looks like a fairly transparent attempt to recreate Killjoy's cheeky, knowing style; though to be fair, Killjoys was pretty crap at the start, itself trying way too hard to be hip and Whedon'esque before settling down into its flippant-but-characterful style.

Advertisement