Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 32 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

langer91 wrote: »
    I stupidly didn't wait and brought in Costa before all his injury woes.

I have Costa, Arry, and Giroud up front. i've decided to do a -4 and bring in someone for Costa. Can someone recommend a striker to me I dunno who to pick!!

The article is applicable to Costa as well. Some other names are Vardy or Sturridge

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/04/06/replacing-austin-the-candidates-assessed/

I think I'm going Vardy or Murray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

G1032 wrote: »
    I've just realised I've no goalie for GW33!

Who is best keeper for remainder of season?

Howard? (Although I'll probably buy Baines and won't double up on Everton defense)

Fabianski?

Heaton?

Davis from Southampton? Depends if you have a Soton defender and whether you are comfortable doubling up with Davis in goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Would love to go Silva/Aguero to Mata/Rooney but with no free transfer and will need these 2 for the following week Stick or twist?
    Current team is
    Panti
    Ivan,Alder,Bellerin,
    Eriksen,Alexis, Hazard,Silva,
    Austin,Kane,Aguero
    Subs Krul,Zouma, Hutton,Amoebi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I'd be tempted to go courtoius in ur situation.

I have Ivanovic already otherwise I'd almost definitely get in Courtouis
    I have Panti as my only keeper and might just take the 0. Otherwise, Kelvin Davis, Mignolet(no DGW), or Schmeichel were in my thoughts.

This has crossed my mind. I figure I'll lose out on probably 3 points but save what could be a precious transfer
    FHFC wrote: »
    Davis from Southampton? Depends if you have a Soton defender and whether you are comfortable doubling up with Davis in goal.

Have Bertrand and not sure doubling up is with it but it's an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I have Ivanovic already otherwise I'd almost definitely get in Courtouis

This has crossed my mind. I figure I'll lose out on probably 3 points but save what could be a precious transfer

Have Bertrand and not sure doubling up is with it but it's an option.

Who are your 2 current keepers

• Advertisement

Who are your 2 current keepers

Panti and Hamer
    Bellerin, Bertrand, Hutton (soon to be Baines), Dawson, Ivanovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

See a few thinking of brining in Baines - does anyone know if he's back on penalties - a lot to be tired up when he's not on them - kinda lost the appeal

Panti and Hamer
    Bellerin, Bertrand, Hutton (soon to be Baines), Dawson, Ivanovic

Hamer to Schmeichel. You will then have 8 games from the last 6 gws.
    33 home to Swansea
    34 a double
    35 newcastle home
    36 southampton home
    37 a double
    38 qpr home

Yeah Leicester and Sunderland rotate pretty well. As long as Pearson doesn't bring Schwarzer back in or something

33 home to Swansea
    34 a double
    35 newcastle home
    36 southampton home
    37 a double
    38 qpr home

Well that's that settled then! Cheers!

• Advertisement

33 home to Swansea
    34 a double
    35 newcastle home
    36 southampton home
    37 a double
    38 qpr home

Oh man alive. It's really only hitting home not how likely attention I've been giving the game over the last few weeks. Then Benteke goes bananas last night and I suddenly have something to play for!

I'm probably just going to have to do without a keeper GW 33
    Bellerin, Benteke, Sanchez, Couthino, Hutton and Panti all out. Albrighton is one of my subs!!

Hutton out for Baines (gotta do this because I'll go riot if Baines gets a good score and I didn't buy him)

Probably sell Couthino next week and either Bellerin (who might be back on the bench for Arsenal) or Benteke (don't really want to do this).

I've gotta sit down tomorrow and go through my options.

Oh man alive. It's really only hitting home not how likely attention I've been giving the game over the last few weeks. Then Benteke goes bananas last night and I suddenly have something to play for!

I'm probably just going to have to do without a keeper GW 33
    Bellerin, Benteke, Sanchez, Couthino, Hutton and Panti all out. Albrighton is one of my subs!!

Hutton out for Baines (gotta do this because I'll go riot if Baines gets a good score and I didn't buy him)

Probably sell Couthino next week and either Bellerin (who might be back on the bench for Arsenal) or Benteke (don't really want to do this).

I've gotta sit down tomorrow and go through my options.

Panti coutinho and sanchez are the 3 to keep as they will have doubles after the blank and should play both games.

Panti coutinho and sanchez are the 3 to keep as they will have doubles after the blank and should play both games.

Cheers. Makes sense alright. At least I've 2 FT at the moment. That'll help.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Need to ship Naughton out in order to field 11 for GW33. Thinking Schlupp could be the one, any other suggestions?

Wenger confirms Abou Diaby, Mikel Arteta, Mathieu Debuchy & Jack Wilshere are all fit. The quartet come into contention for Burnley #AFC

Interesting to see what happens re Bellerin.

Wenger confirms Abou Diaby, Mikel Arteta, Mathieu Debuchy & Jack Wilshere are all fit. The quartet come into contention for Burnley #AFC

Interesting to see what happens re Bellerin.

3 cms fit to add into the mix aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Costa & NZog -> Remy & Mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Need a Chelsea defender in, are Azpi and Cahill likely to be rotated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

naughtb4 wrote:
    Need a Chelsea defender in, are Azpi and Cahill likely to be rotated?

Azpi will likely be rotated with Luis.
    Cahill looks more nailed on but I wouldn't be surprised to see Zouma get a game or 2. Can you not afford Terry or Ivanovic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

spock. wrote: »
    Azpi will likely be rotated with Luis.
    Cahill looks more nailed on but I wouldn't be surprised to see Zouma get a game or 2. Can you not afford Terry or Ivanovic?

Nope, not without ditching Silva,

Have Dawson, Bellerin, Smalling (getting rid), Bertrand, Hutton and 1m in the bank

Maybe Mane, Smalling to Puncheon and Terry

• Advertisement

Any Costa owners thinking about Studge now? Nice fixture against Newcastle, blank, then nice DGW, then QPR H. My main problem is he's way too expensive for his output although I have the spare cash and he's made of glass so not 100% nailed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Any Costa owners thinking about Studge now? Nice fixture against Newcastle, blank, then nice DGW, then QPR H. My main problem is he's way too expensive for his output although I have the spare cash and he's made of glass so not 100% nailed.

If it wasn't for the blank I'd almost certainly get him in now, but as things stand I'll probably hold off and see if he breaks again before the double

Hah, see my post in the DGW thread!! :D

LostArt wrote: »
    If it wasn't for the blank I'd almost certainly get him in now, but as things stand I'll probably hold off and see if he breaks again before the double

Yeah, but if you have Costa you have to bring in somebody this week, not really feasible to bring in somebody for this week and next and then out for Studge unless you have a wildcard.

Hah, see my post in the DGW thread!! :D

I'm still drawn to Vardy for some reason :pac:. I have a spot on my bench free for GW33 so can afford to have Studge there, just not sure if he's worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Murray's on a red-hot streak, and with only 0.2% ownership, it's a clear differential option.

I'm still drawn to Vardy for some reason :pac:.

Yeah, thats just getting weird at this stage! :D;)

Yeah, thats just getting weird at this stage! :D;)

I'm quite annoyed I went Mane over Henderson two GWs ago but BUR, HUL, and sto looked so tasty. Everyone on FFS is saying Hendo will be in their DGW team. Vardy would have worked well in a switch to 3-5-2 and Eriksen benched GW34 against Soton; I don't think it's too clever now when that spot could be Coutinho, Sterling, or Hendo.

I'm quite annoyed I went Mane over Henderson two GWs ago but BUR, HUL, and sto looked so tasty. Everyone on FFS is saying Hendo will be in their DGW team. Vardy would have worked well in a switch to 3-5-2 and Eriksen benched GW34 against Soton; I don't think it's too clever now when that spot could be Coutinho, Sterling, or Hendo.

I went Puncheon to Mane, and wish I'd save the transfer!

I'm looking at Sturridge for Costa this week, then Fab in for Sanchez and Baines for Naughton (-4) next week giving me a strong midfield for 33 benching Studge.

Then Mane / Eriksen to Couts/Hendo and Mig in for Foster for another -4.

2 hits over three weeks (one enforced by injuries) would give me 3 Chelsea and 3 Pool for DGW34 as well as Baines, Kane, Aguero and Mane/Eriksen.

• Advertisement

I went Puncheon to Mane, and wish I'd save the transfer!

I'm looking at Sturridge for Costa this week, then Fab in for Sanchez and Baines for Naughton (-4) next week giving me a strong midfield for 33 benching Studge.

Then Mane / Eriksen to Couts/Hendo and Mig in for Foster for another -4.

2 hits over three weeks (one enforced by injuries) would give me 3 Chelsea and 3 Pool for DGW34 as well as Baines, Kane, Aguero and Mane/Eriksen.

It makes sense to get Studge in and bench in your situation. Its something iM considering but not as clearcut for me. I'll also be selling sanchez now I wouldn't have if the pool double was in 37.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I have Terry and Hazard. Instead of bringing in Oscar or Remy, who I simply don't trust to play all the DGW games, I'm thinking of bringing in Ivanovic. Now obviously that means 2 chelsea defenders. Is that a bit mad?!

I could bank and make the decision next week and we might know a bit more about Costa vs Remy, but Chelsea have QPR this weekend, so could be a good time to get Ivan in if I'm going to get him.

For the DGW, Liverpool have good midfield options (Sterling/Cout/Hendo), so I could go for 1/2 of them instead of Oscar/Cesc.

Any opinions?

I have Terry and Hazard. Instead of bringing in Oscar or Remy, who I simply don't trust to play all the DGW games, I'm thinking of bringing in Ivanovic. Now obviously that means 2 chelsea defenders. Is that a bit mad?!

I could bank and make the decision next week and we might know a bit more about Costa vs Remy, but Chelsea have QPR this weekend, so could be a good time to get Ivan in if I'm going to get him.

For the DGW, Liverpool have good midfield options (Sterling/Cout/Hendo), so I could go for 1/2 of them instead of Oscar/Cesc.

Any opinions?

Chelsea have been leaking goals lately conceding in 4 of the last 5, and in 2 of their last 3 away. Meanwhile QPR are freescoring especially at home and going for it attacking wise as they can't defend. I'd be more confident getting an extra Chelsea attacker than a second defender if piling up ahead of the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Any opinions?

I'd probably get a Liverpool attacking player instead of another Chelsea defender. Its better to wait just in case of injury too. Sterling/Cout/Henderson looks good to me. Sterling>Countinho>Henderson for points and the opposite way round for value!

Chelsea have been leaking goals lately conceding in 4 of the last 5, and in 2 of their last 3 away. Meanwhile QPR are freescoring especially at home and going for it attacking wise as they can't defend. I'd be more confident getting an extra Chelsea attacker than a second defender if piling up ahead of the weekend.

Yes I'm very concious of the Chelsea leaky defence - I have Terry! :roll eyes:

However, I'm thinking more of his potential to return attacking points. As you say, QPR have to go for it, so I'd see them as pretty vulnerable to Ivan raiding down the wing.

Edit: If you were to bring in a Chelsea attacker, who would you go for out of interest?
    Fab: not in great form?
    Remy: as far as I know, there's been no update on Costa, so Remy may not play both in the DGW if Costa is back
    Oscar: haven't seen much of Chelsea recently, but don't think Oscar is in great form? Plus they have Willian/Cuadrado etc who could eat into his gametime.

jimmii wrote: »
    I'd probably get a Liverpool attacking player instead of another Chelsea defender. Its better to wait just in case of injury too. Sterling/Cout/Henderson looks good to me. Sterling>Countinho>Henderson for points and the opposite way round for value!

Yes I was actually thinking I could still get 2 Liverpool attackers.

That would leave me with Terry, Ivan, Hazard, Sterling + Couts/Hendo for the DGW without taking a hit.

• Advertisement

Yes I was actually thinking I could still get 2 Liverpool attackers.

That would leave me with Terry, Ivan, Hazard, Sterling + Couts/Hendo for the DGW without taking a hit.

That looks pretty good for no hits!

Yes I'm very concious of the Chelsea leaky defence - I have Terry! :roll eyes:

However, I'm thinking more of his potential to return attacking points. As you say, QPR have to go for it, so I'd see them as pretty vulnerable to Ivan raiding down the wing.

Edit: If you were to bring in a Chelsea attacker, who would you go for out of interest?
    Fab: not in great form?
    Remy: as far as I know, there's been no update on Costa, so Remy may not play both in the DGW if Costa is back
    Oscar: haven't seen much of Chelsea recently, but don't think Oscar is in great form? Plus they have Willian/Cuadrado etc who could eat into his gametime.

I'll be looking at Fab, but not for this week. I don't think I'd get any of them for this week for the reasons you give and Fab also has the yellow card situation.

Fab has assisted in each of his last two games scoring 5 & 7 btw so his form is improving and I've seen Busts suggest he'll play further forward against QPR and Man U, although I've not taken the time to find out why that may be.

I'll be looking at Fab, but not for this week. I don't think I'd get any of them for this week for the reasons you give and Fab also has the yellow card situation.

Fab has assisted in each of his last two games scoring 5 & 7 btw so his form is improving and I've seen Busts suggest he'll play further forward against QPR and Man U, although I've not taken the time to find out why that may be.

Arsenal A in the DGW I would think he's nailed to play the #10 role with Matic and Ramires behind him. He's my preferred Chelsea third slot if he can avoid the yellow on Sunday.

Arsenal A in the DGW I would think he's nailed to play the #10 role with Matic and Ramires behind him. He's my preferred Chelsea third slot if he can avoid the yellow on Sunday.

I'm pretty certain I'll be going that way now too, hadn't intended to but its the best way to maximise my DGW players.

mourinho has played him as 10 instead of oscar in a fair few of the tougher games this season. Arsenal away is almost definite IMO and a fair chance of UTD at home. Cant see him do it for the qpr game although he did start as 10 against hull recently.

• Advertisement

I'm not in love with bringing Studge in but do people expect Remy to start every match even if Costa is completely crocked? Drogba started against Villa when Costa was suspended and came on for Remy against Everton with the match 0-0. Drogba also has a fantastic record against Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm not in love with bringing Studge in but do people expect Remy to start every match even if Costa is completely crocked? Drogba started against Villa when Costa was suspended and came on for Remy against Everton with the match 0-0. Drogba also has a fantastic record against Arsenal.

He's 36 though. I think Mourinho needs to keep Remy on side. He'll be there next season as a squad member.,I don't know if Drogba will be.

I'm 90% decided on going with Remy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Today's announcement means I need to get moving quick.
    I have Costa and Naughton out, leaving only one Chelsea (Hazard) and no liverpool.
    I was planning on replacing Costa this week and Naughton next, which would have left me exactly 11 playing in GW33, but I think I will now do Costa to Gomis and Naughton to Ivan and take a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Are folks holding onto Austin for this GW or selling?

I think I want to sell but no idea who for.

Are folks holding onto Austin for this GW or selling?

I think I want to sell but no idea who for.

A lot seem to be switching to Remy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

jimmii wrote: »
    A lot seem to be switching to Remy.

That's really the only option I can see. Berahino (LEI) or Gomis (EVE) worth a go?

Team currently is:

Davis Myhill

Terry PVA Wolly Bertrand Hutton

Hazard Sanchez Silva Sterling Boyd

Austin Aguero Kane

Have 2 FT and 1.6m ITB. Any ideas? Austin to Remy? Or get rid of Aguero or Silva?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Foster/Myhill
    Terry-PVA-Bertrand-Schlupp-Naughton
    Sanchez-Hazard-Boyd-Eriksen-Silva
    Aguero-Kane-Austin

2FT and 0.7M in the bank.

Can do a straight swap of Austin to Remy and that'll leave 0.0 in my bank. Probably need to ship on Naughton too..

Any feedback appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

How likely is aguero to drop tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

honeybear wrote: »
    How likely is aguero to drop tonight?

He's predicted to go down tomorrow night. Doesn't look likely that he'll go down tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Remy would be the obvious choice but there is no guarantee he's going to get game time as much as some think.

There have been many folk jumping on players this season expecting them to play and then they don't - example Walcott - (will play when fit) Sturridge (won't play in cup defo saved for league) and we've seen time and time again, that what we think will happen often doesn't.

Vardy for example is in form, and gets his game - cheap and will allow you to upgrade somewhere else - like Have fab/hazard and chelsea defender

• Advertisement
Advertisement