Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 32 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I reckon kun will come good the weekend. I've had him since gw2, confident that if he'd stay fit he would sky rocket me up my money leagues, he did it, then ofcourse he was no longer a differential.

I was singing his praise here on boards as early as gw2, predicted the sergio storm that will no doubt hit our shores again before the season's up. :)

Keep the faith as said previously he's been unlucky, but he's a big game player who has a pretty impressive record vs united. On the other hand, it might not be a bad thing that people are jumping off the kun ship for his owners.

Well capable of bagging a hat trick v anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I've bought Schlupp in for Naughton. Eriksen is still an issue but I'll probably hold him until I see if Fabregas gets another yellow. Don't really know what to do this week, tbh. It's a bit of an awkward one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I reckon kun will come good the weekend. I've had him since gw2, confident that if he'd stay fit he would sky rocket me up my money leagues, he did it, then ofcourse he was no longer a differential.

I was singing his praise here on boards as early as gw2, predicted the sergio storm that will no doubt hit our shores again before the season's up. :)

Keep the faith as said previously he's been unlucky, but he's a big game player who has a pretty impressive record vs united. On the other hand, it might not be a bad thing that people are jumping off the kun ship for his owners.

He is killing me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Got in Remy for Giroud.

Bit of a risk, but I feel Aguero will score at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

How does this tentative plan look for the upcoming weeks

This week: Austin -> Gomis, save 2nd FT

Gwk 33: Naughton -> Schlupp, save 2nd FT

Gwk 34: Bertrand, Eriksen & Sanchez -> Skrtel, Henderson & Coutinho/Fabregas, -4.

It gives me: Skrtel, Schlupp, Terry, Hazard, Henderson, Coutinho (or Fabregas) for -4.

Decent provisional plan? Anything obvious I'm overlooking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I've a 30 point gap to overturn and by holding on to him he has become a differential. Depsite the last few weeks, he'd be my ideal pick as a differential. Rival has made it hard on himself to swap him back in so I'm hoping to see a return to form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Alanhooly wrote: »
    How does this tentative plan look for the upcoming weeks

This week: Austin -> Gomis, save 2nd FT

Gwk 33: Naughton -> Schlupp, save 2nd FT

Gwk 34: Bertrand, Eriksen & Sanchez -> Skrtel, Henderson & Coutinho/Fabregas, -4.

It gives me: Skrtel, Schlupp, Terry, Hazard, Henderson, Coutinho (or Fabregas) for -4.

Decent provisional plan? Anything obvious I'm overlooking?

Who are your goalies? I'd be reluctant to sell Bertie, would Mignolet be an option. I know Skertl is good for a goal and if I put you off him he'll almost certainly score.

PARlance wrote: »
    I've a 30 point gap to overturn and by holding on to him he has become a differential. Depsite the last few weeks, he'd be my ideal pick as a differential. Rival has made it hard on himself to swap him back in so I'm hoping to see a return to form.
    PARlance wrote: »

My season is kinda counting on it at this stage too! The fact City are in danger of 3rd or 4th will hopefully mean they will have to go for it.

Same hopefully applies to Liverpool who are in very last chance saloon for 4th, I'm hoping they will hockey Newcastle this weekend.

I'm also hoping Eriksen will come good a bit, someone said earlier in the season about him that he's a player you have to stick with long term as he's so streaky, if you get him in after a good run he's nearly sure to blank a few, and then start scoring as soon as you sell. Since I've not had the luxury of selling him with so many other fires to put out I'm hoping this proves true as they also have to hit hard and hope for an outside chance at 4th with no more slip ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Current Plan:

This week: Austin -> Murray, save 2nd FT

Gwk 33: Sanchez-> Fabergas, save 2nd FT

Gwk 34 - DGW: Eriksen & Kane(!!) -> Sturidge and Sterling

Thoughts, advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

FHFC wrote:
    Who are your goalies? I'd be reluctant to sell Bertie, would Mignolet be an option. I know Skertl is good for a goal and if I put you off him he'll almost certainly score.

I have Pantilimon & Krul. I think I may even have enough in the bank to keep hold of Bertie but still draft Skrtel in. Not sure if I'd bother with Mignolet. It's going to be a crucial dgwk. I only want to take 1 hit max so ill probably follow a similar plan as outlined but mix & match the players a bit..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I can get this squad for gw34 with one -4. It means I may have to play 10 next week, if Smalling is still out/or if Mane is dropped.
    In gw34 I'd be benching PVA, Smalling and one of Giroud,Kane or Mata.
    Is 3 Liverpool and 3 Chelsea too much though?

Edit: Current squad
    Fabianski Krul
    Ivan Bertrand PVA Smalling Dawson
    Hazard Silva Mane Mata Siggy
    Costa* Kane Giroud
    1FT 3.7itb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Current Plan:

This week: Austin -> Murray, save 2nd FT

Gwk 33: Sanchez-> Fabergas, save 2nd FT

Gwk 34 - DGW: Eriksen & Kane(!!) -> Sturidge and Sterling

Thoughts, advice?

Its bold, I will give you that. Personally I would not be getting Fabregas in as his form has not been great. Getting rid of Kane is a big move too...but provided you dont have too much € invested in him then getting him out for Sturidge could be good.
    Who are your other strikers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Jose anticipates Diego Costa will be back in time to play four matches this season. #CFC

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/586492775899725824

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

... Which means his first game back could be the second of the DGW. Classic Mourinho f*cking FPL players around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I'll just stick with Terry and Hazard for 34 now...too much uncertainty over the forward position and none of their other midfielders have form. Can see them conceding in both games too.

• Advertisement

... Which means his first game back could be the second of the DGW. Classic Mourinho f*cking FPL players around!

No, the last 4 are gw35-38

He doesn't say that explicitly though. Costa could play Arsenal, not against Leicester, etc.

Manchester City FC @MCFC · 4m 4 minutes ago
    PELLEGRINI ON INJURIES: “Stevan Jovetic has a muscle injury. Bony twisted his ankle and knee before @CPFC. He won’t be ready for this game."

PELLEGRINI ON KOMPANY: “We’ll see tomorrow if he can play or not. It’s better with Kompany but if he can’t play, we have a squad."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Its bold, I will give you that. Personally I would not be getting Fabregas in as his form has not been great. Getting rid of Kane is a big move too...but provided you dont have too much € invested in him then getting him out for Sturidge could be good.
    Who are your other strikers?

Thanks for feedback. I'll definitely reassess this alright! It's just with the blank next week and double the week after, you really need a plan in place :)

My team is below, with 2.3m in the bank and 2FTs.

Panti/Heaton
    Terry-Alderweireld-Dawson-Naughton-Wassi
    Sanchez-Hazard-Eriksen-Silva-Ibe
    Aguero-Kane-Austin

I'd lose 0.7m on Kane. Not great really. But, his fixtures are Southampton (a) and Man City (h). There's then only 3 fixtures after that so I might not mind wasting 0.7m around then (I don't know where that logic is coming from :) )

Also, I saw someone else say here to choose "form over fixtures" and this season this really seems to be the case!

He doesn't say that explicitly though. Costa could play Arsenal, not against Leicester, etc.

Actual quote....

"Mikel ready, Fabregas with the mask [to protect his broken nose] but ready too, no problems. Certainly [Costa] will be back sure. I don't know when, but we have eight matches to play. If he plays four it's normal. Three is a little bit below what I'm expecting. If he plays five it is more than I am expecting, so I am thinking about four matches to play."

Err, thanks for that Jose.

Daniel lad, c'mere to me a minute......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Will Remy be starting this run of games now? Might be a good buy with the DGW coming up and he's pretty cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

kellso81 wrote: »
    Will Remy be starting this run of games now? Might be a good buy with the DGW coming up and he's pretty cheap

See above. Nobody knows if he will get both games of the GGW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

stephenl15 wrote: »
    See above. Nobody knows if he will get both games of the GGW

I think the bigger issue is Drogba starting ahead of him in some of the games tbh, but either way I am going to stay away...

menoscemo wrote: »
    I think the bigger issue is Drogba starting ahead of him in some of the games tbh, but either way I am going to stay away...

I think Remy will start if Costa isn't available tbh. There's so many variables that I'm finding it impossible to plan for. Dont wanna sell Sanchez as he has Burnley. Liverpool blank before DGW. Chelsea striker uncertainty. I just don't know what to do with my transfer this week. I have 2 so I need to use one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I brought Remy in for Costa but I'm now starting to regret not going for Sturridge instead. Monday evening will make for nervous viewing with nobody involved. If it wasn't for the GW33 blank I'd bring him in for Aguero.

Meanwhile, both Jovetic and Bony ruled out of the derby, Aguero tends to thrive on his own with Silva behind. Sergio, this is your time to shine!! :cool:

As a non Silva owner however, its not so good news!! :o

Kompany is also a doubt, not sure whether that is good or bad news for Rooney owners!! :)

Who's the Liverpool defender of choice other than Skrtel? Need to play this week and the double. Moreno?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

taking a chance and selling Silva for fabregas despite me advising people not to do the same as he is on 9 bookings :D
    will quite possibly buy Silva back next week again too !!!!
    anyway is eriksen to Henderson worth a -4?
    would have to bench him next week obviously?
    no other pool players at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Forgot I've a driving lesson tomorrow morning so I'll have to have the team sorted tonight :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Costa to Remy. Going to chance it. Nothing to lose at this stage. 6.9 mil banked :eek:

• Advertisement

Was just talking to a pessimistic Liverpool fan who nearly turned me off Sturridge.

Some stats from Paddy power might help....
    • It is over 20 years since Newcastle won at Anfield, a run of 19 games.
    • 16 wins and 3 draws for Liverpool in those 19
    • Over the course of the nineteen games Liverpool have outscored Newcastle 48-16
    • Liverpool have won 5 of the last 13 games by 3-0.
    • Liverpool won 11 of the 19 games by two or more goals.
    • There was over 2.5 goals in 13 of the 19 games.
    • Sturridge has scored in each of his last four appearances against Newcastle, three of those games were for Liverpool and one for Chelsea.
    • He has also scored against the Magpies for three different teams, having hit the net against them whilst on-loan at Bolton for a total of five goals in eight games.

Cheers, I knew he had a good record against Newcastle. I feel Studge is a risk given his price and injury record, but he's also the most likely DGW player to hit a hat trick. I don't want to commit myself to Remy and no one else really screams out at me (besides Vardy of course :pac:).

Cheers, I knew he had a good record against Newcastle. I feel Studge is a risk given his price and injury record, but he's also the most likely DGW player to hit a hat trick. I don't want to commit myself to Remy and no one else really screams out at me (besides Vardy of course :pac:).

Actually had a look at Vardy there, but he doesnt inspire me with confidence.

He's 16/5 for anytime scorer vs WBA this weekend, would you be betting on it!?

Meanwhile Sturridge is a case of backing potential rather than form, the last time I did that was a certain Big Useless Italian fella of questionable parentage.....

FHFC wrote: »

Nah, assist is more likely. Pearson is wildly unpredictable so I wouldn't be surprised if Vardy is dropped. I'll be doing Costa to Studge once the Liverpool presser is done
    Meanwhile Sturridge is a case of backing potential rather than form, the last time I did that was a certain Big Useless Italian fella of questionable parentage.....

Attacking returns in his last three starts to be fair to Daniel

Nah, assist is more likely. Pearson is wildly unpredictable so I wouldn't be surprised if Vardy is dropped. I'll be doing Costa to Studge once the Liverpool presser is done

Attacking returns in his last three starts to be fair to Daniel

Lets do this thing........the comeback starts here!

Is Sturridge not just as big a risk as Remy though? He didn't start last week, played 90 minutes mid week and I'd be worried he may be benched again.

I know Rodgers surprised me greatly with how he was managing him a month or so ago e.g. start him in Europa League and leave him on bench against Saints.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is Sturridge not just as big a risk as Remy though? He didn't start last week, played 90 minutes mid week and I'd be worried he may be benched again.

I know Rodgers surprised me greatly with how he was managing him a month or so ago e.g. start him in Europa League and leave him on bench against Saints.

I would think he didn't start against Arsenal because of the hip problem that kept him out for England. The Newcastle match is on Monday so plenty of time to recover and at least one of ManU/Man City will be dropping points on Sunday. I doubt Rodgers will pack in top 4 challenge and just focus on FA Cup. But yes, I would be nervous waiting for the lineups on Monday which I shouldn't have to do with an 11m player

I would think he didn't start against Arsenal because of the hip problem that kept him out for England. The Newcastle match is on Monday so plenty of time to recover and at least one of ManU/Man City will be dropping points on Sunday. I doubt Rodgers will pack in top 4 challenge and just focus on FA Cup. But yes, I would be nervous waiting for the lineups on Monday which I shouldn't have to do with an 11m player

I was one of the first people to bring Sturridge back in when he got fit but, for me, he has struggled since coming back and he was poor against Blackburn on Wednesday night. Here's an article about some of the reaction on Twitter:

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/04/09/ib-liverpool-fans-react-to-daniel-sturridges-performance-again-2/

And from the Echo:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn-0-1-liverpool-philippe-coutinho-9007214
    Daniel Sturridge , though, continues to cause some concern, clearly having hit the brick wall after returning from such a long period on the sidelines, his poor first touch betraying a lack of sharpness.

Only when the striker, functioning currently at barely 50%, edges nearer his best form will Liverpool fully rekindle their attacking verve.

Isn't the only way he can get back the sharpness through matches? I'm more concerned about him starting both of the DGW rather than Monday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Bellern to Ivanovic. Its the first time I've had the luxury of Ivan in my four years playing. I feel like someone who bought a Ferrari but knows he may not be able to get it over the speed bump outside his house.

He's definitely a risk. It's a gamble rather than a sure fire plan. Vardy and Remy are gambles too, I'm leaning towards this one partly tempted by this week's fixture, and
    the attacking potential of their fixtures in general from here.

I think if Studge could get a goal under his belt again more will come.

We have gone down a few of the same dead ends lately, maybe no harm if we go for different gambles on this one. I'd say good luck but I wouldn't mean it as you won't be the only one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Bellern to Ivanovic. Its the first time I've had the luxury of Ivan in my four years playing. I feel like someone who bought a Ferrari but knows he may not be able to get it over the speed bump outside his house.

I'm gonna do the same albeit Naughton to Ivanovic. It feels wrong to spend 7.6m on a defender but fcuk it, there's no point keeping 7.5m in the bank either!!

I Will proabably be looking at Bellerin to Schlupp next week, for this week he can sit on the bench.

Isn't the only way he can get back the sharpness through matches? I'm more concerned about him starting both of the DGW rather than Monday night.

Yes but can Liverpool risk carrying a struggling forward when they need to win every match? Normally I'd jump at Sturridge but, as I said, Rodgers really surprised me with how he treated Sturridge before the latest injury.

My own opinion is that Sturridge and Costa may not be fully right again this season. I'll certainly be reserving judgement and watching performances before I bring either in again.

I'll be doing Costa to Studge once the Liverpool presser is done

When is the press conference?

Edit: Ah, should have checked my twitter before posting...

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/586552250404892672
    Sturridge complained of "muscle tightness" at BRFC but should be fine & BR will check on Balotelli [illness]. Gerrard & Skrtel [susp] #LFC

I was kinda hoping for more of a "Daniel is looking really sharp in training and is getting back to his best" there Brendan rather than "should be fine"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Aguero and Smalling to Ivan and Remy for me

• Advertisement

When is the press conference?

Edit: Ah, should have checked my twitter before posting...

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/586552250404892672

I was kinda hoping for more of a "Daniel is looking really sharp in training and is getting back to his best" there Brendan rather than "should be fine"!

Gah, the safe play is probably for me to save FT and start four defenders but it's oh so boring when I can get a shiny 11m striker against Newcastle with a DGW later.

Bellern to Ivanovic. Its the first time I've had the luxury of Ivan in my four years playing. I feel like someone who bought a Ferrari but knows he may not kqn be able to get it over the speed bump outside his house.

Triple post :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

spock. wrote: »
    Triple post :pac:

22.8m for a defender is a lot alright! He must live in a rough area with all those speed bumps outside his house.:)

Gah, the safe play is probably for me to save FT and start four defenders but it's oh so boring when I can get a shiny 11m striker against Newcastle with a DGW later.

He does have a blank next week though. Save your cash and get him in two weeks I say. He'll have had two more games to watch him in by then and regain some sharpness.

I still have my doubts he'll be fit to feature at all this season properly. He's in need of a long rest and decent pre season, as is Costa.

He does have a blank next week though. Save your cash and get him in two weeks I say. He'll have had two more games to watch him in by then and regain some sharpness.

I still have my doubts he'll be fit to feature at all this season properly. He's in need of a long rest and decent pre season, as is Costa.

The problem is I'll hemorrhage value on Costa by keeping him another fortnight which could cost me for my DGW team. I only have PVA and Naughton that won't play next week so the blank isn't a big deal (granted Cork isn't the best starter). I've just confirmed it, here's hoping I'll see a lot of this on Monday

hi-res-e004830a8445faff15e8b493496f5315_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

• Advertisement
Advertisement