Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you take money out of any credit union?

Options
  • 04-04-2015 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Can you take money out of any credit union or does it have to be the one that you set up the account with? They recently opened one closer to my area but I don't know if I can use it or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Can you take money out of any credit union or does it have to be the one that you set up the account with? They recently opened one closer to my area but I don't know if I can use it or not?

It has to be the one where you opened the account, it should be possible to move all funds to the credit union closer to you.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If it's a sub-office of the one where you opened your account, then yes you can. If it's a separate credit union altogether, then you can't. To give you an example, where I live, my local credit union is Dundrum CU, and it used to be that it was only in Dundrum village. Over the years, they've since opened sub offices in Ballinteer, Knocklyon, and Sandyford. They've also got one in UCD campus for a few hours a week. I opened my account in the Sandyford one, but I can go to any of these to do business. Check is this new credit union affiliated with your existing one, if it is then you can just use it as you would your old one. If not, as Darren 83 said, you can close your old account, and open a new one there.

Advertisement