Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not Drinking On A Night Out???

• 04-04-2015 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭

What happened to the "Not Drinking On A Night Out" thread???

Did I imagine reading/posting on it this afternoon??? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭hynesie08

No, you were just ****faced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'd imagine it crossed a line, what with the 'going out sober to predate on drunk women' vibe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Sober night out?

May god have mercy on your soul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

endacl wrote: »
    I'd imagine it crossed a line, what with the 'going out sober to predate on drunk women' vibe?

Ah jaysus, that's a bit much!!! :D

The OP was doing it to save money ffs!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

If that was the case it would have been locked. It's unusual that it just disappeared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Whereas going out drink to predate on drunk women was deemed ok...?:confused:

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

It was becoming an interesting topic of discussion based on this very question .......... then the thread just disappeared!!! :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Mayanflute

What does predate mean?

MadDog76 wrote: »

Hey, I'm not offering an opinion. Just a possible answer to the question posed.

;)

Mayanflute wrote: »
    What does predate mean?

It means to interview a young lady to see if she qualifies for a date ........ standard practice these days ;)

• Advertisement

What does predate mean?

Verb. To hunt. Synonym for 'to prey upon'. Fewer letters, and quicker to type, if a bit of an Americanism.

Any efficiency gained by the typing economy has been negated by this explanation, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

What does predate mean?

Anything before you arrived.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Mayanflute

Verb. To hunt. Synonym for 'to prey upon'. Fewer letters, and quicker to type, if a bit of an Americanism.

Any efficiency gained by the typing economy has been negated by this explanation, though.

Well anyway don't see any issue with not drinking in pubs and clubs if you don't want to.

Where's the OP??? Maybe he knows why the thread was deleted ........

Well anyway don't see any issue with not drinking in pubs and clubs if you don't want to.

Me neither, tbh. I don't do it all the time.

Where's the OP??? Maybe he knows why the thread was deleted ........

He's been deleted too.

One of the great boards mysteries. :)

Some posters thought (mistakenly in my opinion) that the OP was doing it to take "advantage" of women ......... basically he wanted to save money but still be able to have a night out, enjoy himself and if he meets a lady then all the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

It was started by one of those folks who's always getting banned and re-registering, and they get all their posts deleted before being banned.

One of the great boards mysteries. :)

I hear he didn't get a free Gillette razor.

• Advertisement

He's been deleted too.

Really?!!?? The mystery deepens .......... any Mods know the story?

I wonder if Larry Murphy is being dragged out of an internet cafe as we speak!?!! :D

It was started by one of those folks who's always getting banned and re-registering, and they get all their posts deleted before being banned.

Ah, sure if it keeps them from fiddling with themselves and licking windows, what harm...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Some posters thought (mistakenly in my opinion) that the OP was doing it to take "advantage" of women ......... basically he wanted to save money but still be able to have a night out, enjoy himself and if he meets a lady then all the better.
    I think you're talking to that very OP in the above post. ;)

Ah, sure if it keeps them from fiddling with themselves and licking windows, what harm...?

Is that windows 8.1?

Jesus! :eek:

Boards Mods should train the CIA!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Dave0301

He was most likely a troll that had re-registered if both him and his thread were deleted.

I think that is common practice for those threads.

Ya think?

:D

:D Didn't even check his reg date till you said that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

You can see the banlist here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

When I saw that thread earlier with the "going out sober to take advantage of drunk women" comments, I thought they were just joking to get back at the OP for his smugness. If people were serious about it, it's quite a conclusion to jump to and it undermines the seriousness of actual predators. It's fairly insulting to men that if they are sober and hook up with a woman, they are labeled as predators and also insulting to women to suggest that they're incapable of making decisions after having a drink.

There's a line that when crossed, it is predatory and that line is not always very clear, but the OPs situation is very far from that line.

You can see the banlist here.

It says he "Ignored Mod Instruction" ........... who was the "Mod" and what was his/her "Instruction" ........... there should be a conspiracy documentary made about this on Discovery!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement