If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cinema speakers

Options
  • 04-04-2015 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I`ll be hopefully upgrading the speakers in my home cinema room in a few weeks time. I really like the look (hopefully the sound too) of the Cambridge Audio Aero package. 

I also like the look of the Dali Zensor 1 package, however I would prefer 2 floor standing speakers for my front speakers.

The speakers will probably be used with the Marantz SR6008 receiver I purchased off you guys last year, which will be moved from my house to the home cinema room. 

So, what is the best deal you can offer for the above speaker packages (or any alternatives you could recommend?) 

1. 7.1 package for the Cambridge audio aero and Dali zensor
    OR
    2. 5.1 package for the above with a new AV receiver (to replace the marantz in my house)

I will have a budget in and around the €1500 mark

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi superleedsdub, thank you for the inquiry.  Both the speaker systems you mention are superb, and I am sure you would be more than happy with either system.  My personal preference however would be for the Monitor Audio BX5 pack http://www.richersounds.com/package/speakers/speaker-packages/pah011051 .  I do understand that this may be a bit more than you had thought of spending but I doo belivbe it is worth the extra 

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Cheers Stephen, I already have a set of Monitor Audio BR2`s that have served me well for the past 5 years. Will have a good think about these and may see if I can pop up for a demo in the next few weeks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Cheers Stephen, I already have a set of Monitor Audio BR2`s that have served me well for the past 5 years. Will have a good think about these and may see if I can pop up for a demo in the next few weeks
    Hey Superleedsdub.

No problem at all.

Just let us know when you will be up and we can them set up for you arriving. Its also good to bring some of your own movies and CD's/Music that you are familiar with.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.