Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Laptop Tank Bag

• 04-04-2015 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at getting a tank bag for the commute rather than using the top box, need luggage that's a bit less unwieldy for walking into the office and hopefully that I can use as an actual bag.

Snag is, I have to bring a laptop, a 15" macbook. Anyone successfully found a tank bag that'd fit it or an equivalent size laptop? Was looking at the givi XS30[678] but impossible to tell if it'd be big enough.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I don't think its a good idea putting a laptop into a tank bag for 2 reasons, the vibrations and the weather. Might you consider a waterproof backpack instead?
    Three reasons : you have to take the tankbag off each time you refill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I don't think its a good idea putting a laptop into a tank bag for 2 reasons, the vibrations and the weather. Might you consider a waterproof backpack instead?
    Three reasons : you have to take the tankbag off each time you refill!

Aye, I have a backpack for when I'm on the pushbike that has a hivis waterproof cover. Just don't like the backpack when I'm on the moto for some reason, and I'm not sure if it'd help or hinder in an off.

Of course, it's been pointed out to me offline that I could just get a bigger topbox and stick a laptop bag in that. Amazing the clarity of mind a few creme eggs gives you :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'm not a fan of tankbags at all. Definitely the bigger topbox that can hold a laptop case. Kreiga waterproof backpacks look the dogs bollocks as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

How about a Kriega US-20 tail-pack?

I attach it to my passenger seat. Holds 15" laptop, gym gear and lunch with ease. You can buy an adapter to use it as a tank bag if you want. Fully waterproof too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Have never found the top box a problem on the commute, filtering etc.
    Wish I'd got one years earlier, it's so handy (and can hold a surprising amount of beer :cool: )
    It does catch the wind though. If Met Eireann say it's gusting to 40 knots or more and it's not directly a headwind or tailwind it does get your attention.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I took my Bagster Alpha to Spain with my Macbook Air (11") and never had a problem. I think the Bagster setup is better than a normal tank bag. Never had a problem filling up, just unclipped the 2 front clips and lifted the bag.

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Magnetic tank bags solve all problems associated with filling up.

Would definitely go Kreiga if your thinking about picking up extra luggage. I took the plunge when I bought my first backpack. €125 seemed a little steep to me at the time but I trusted the reviews and couldn't be happier. The build quality, comfort and durable fittings are unbelievable.

Advertisement