Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maxi cosi tobi re thread of tightening strap

Options
  • 04-04-2015 10:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Head is wrecked. Was cleaning my maxi cosi tobi earlier. And the fookin toghtening strap slipped all the way through. How I managed to do this was holding the tightening strap at the back and I managed to pull it the whole way through.

I now have to try and re thread the tightening belt ( i.e. The thing at the front that you pull to tighten in the baby ) but it's soin my head in, I don't know how IT feeds through.

Pictures below show what I'm presented with.

I somehow have to re thread the tightening belt so it comes up to where the buckle thing is.

Anybody any ideas on this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The maxi cosi tightening strap feed is under the panel that clips off the back.

Yours looks like a different model to mine, but same mechanism. Turn the seat over. And take the back of it off. It's like a riddle messing with that strap, I feel your pain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

pwurple wrote: »
    The maxi cosi tightening strap feed is under the panel that clips off the back.

Yours looks like a different model to mine, but same mechanism. Turn the seat over. And take the back of it off. It's like a riddle messing with that strap, I feel your pain.

Ah stop Tis some pain.

What panel is that now ?

I have the strap threaded through to front. And just need to thread from underside of front to top of front - I think.

Edit : pictured is back of my unit.

That looks right, that's the back of mine as well. The top bits pull out by the shoulders at the top. You can adjust those to get more or less on the bottom strap.

I think you need to take that strap out, and feed it in from the front again, start where the buckle is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

pwurple wrote: »
    That looks right, that's the back of mine as well. The top bits pull out by the shoulders at the top. You can adjust those to get more or less on the bottom strap.

I think you need to take that strap out, and feed it in from the front again, start where the buckle is.

Thanks. But I don't see why I have to take the strap out. Do I not just leave things as they are in the picture at the back as from what I can see that is fine. and then feed the strap through the underside and up to the front of it by the buckle

Thanks. But I don't see why I have to take the strap out. Do I not just leave things as they are in the picture at the back as from what I can see that is fine. and then feed the strap through the underside and up to the front of it by the buckle

On mine you can't feed the strap upwards because the red buckle bit is on it... So it won't fit through the gap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement