Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I didn't eat all that myself btw, it was with 2 kids. Tis good craic at Easter and Xmas too, with music and so on. I've seen people buy all their veg and meat there, but I know they have loads of money. Not the kind you'd see in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jake66

[QUOTE=paddylonglegs; Made some lovely homemade pizza with olives, mozerella and chorizo from the stall there.

That pizza sounds lovely paddy...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Looks like the roundabout is done, All cones removed, Fully road marked , Lights for zebra crossing . Pretty impressive and keeping things free flowing so far ?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

jake66 wrote: »
    [QUOTE=paddylonglegs; Made some lovely homemade pizza with olives, mozerella and chorizo from the stall there.

That pizza sounds lovely paddy...

Sure we'll have a boards pizza night! 😄

Sure we'll have a boards pizza night! 😄

Tis hard enough to organize a beers night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

I think naas could do with a nice pizzeria, somewhere like milanos. Just thinking though, does jolly do pizza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

luppy wrote: »
    I think naas could do with a nice pizzeria, somewhere like milanos. Just thinking though, does jolly do pizza?

It does, really good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Il fico....great pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Higgeldy

+ 1 for Jolly pizza. They do a fab duck /hosin sauce pizza...

Agree we could do with a pizzeria restaurant but would love to see something independent and not Milanos.

Living in Sallins myself, looking forward to trying Two Cooks and hearing that other posters review of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Any idea what is going in where the old marks & spencers used to be? Loads of construction going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

The old m&s and the unit beside it are being knocked into one. It is going to be a large Meadows and Byrnes store.

Has anyone been for tapas yet in Graces? I was in there on Saturday afternoon and the barman said to me that upstairs has been booked out every Friday and Saturday since they reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jake66

been to Graces twice, I think its called five rooms.
    the food is really good, especially the prawns and the chorizo stew..
    A bit on the expensive side, most dishes are around €9.00.
    They are also doing lunch in the bar now, not sure what the menu is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi,

anybody know of a good photographer around the area for taking a few "holy communion" shots? Dont want to break the bank either :-)

Thanks

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Hi,

anybody know of a good photographer around the area for taking a few "holy communion" shots? Dont want to break the bank either :-)

Thanks

W.

Try Nicola at https://www.facebook.com/nicolacrossphoto

Nc photography

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

been to Graces twice, I think its called five rooms.
    the food is really good, especially the prawns and the chorizo stew..
    A bit on the expensive side, most dishes are around €9.00.
    They are also doing lunch in the bar now, not sure what the menu is like.

do you need to book for the tapas? what time do they serve them from?

thinking of going down on Friday about half 5ish

I'd book to be sure of a table.

Lads, need to get some work done on a room - build a partition wall, hang a couple of doors, repair wall and replaster, build some bespoke storage, put in a velux window, Few bits like that. Any ideas on someone local to fit the bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Padraic Grogan is very good, know him years he is a very trustworthy guy and does excellent work. He recently put a new side door in my parents house where there was no door before and they were delighted with the work and no mess left. Highly recommend for any building work.

http://www.revamp.ie/

Saw him doing work on 2 houses beside mine last week. Very tidy.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. I've seen his van around. Does he do the work himself or is he a contractor? Would prefer to go straight to source than pay a contractors mark-up

Solo I imagine, I saw no one else around.

Yes he does the work himself

Caragh farm is back open for this week and next, for those looking for outdoor entertainment for kids.

Just to add to above, they're closed on Sunday. Good time to go, a lot of the young animals are just a week old. My 3 year old fed a milk bottle to a lamb. Very cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Is there anyone in Naas who does Car Valeting, Detailing or Paint corrections?

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Is there anyone in Naas who does Car Valeting, Detailing or Paint corrections?

The lads down at topaz on the sallins road are good for valeting. Is the paint faded or chipped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

aaakev wrote: »
    The lads down at topaz on the sallins road are good for valeting. Is the paint faded or chipped?

Its a brand new car. I think I would like it detailed as its wasnt perfect when i bought it and would like it cleaned and sealed

Have a look for spirit detailing. I think they're in Leixlip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Saw on Nass town shopping centre website there's a Meadows and Byrne and a Costa coffee coming soon.

Advertisement