Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

As far as I know Meadows & Byrne are taking the space where M&S was (plus more) - I walked by it the other week and a lot of work is going on. Where's the costa going to be? I miss having a costa in the town. They used to be above barkers till the monread centre arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Planning a christening soon for around 40ish people. Any experience of places in Sallins/Naas? Christening in Sallins. Thought of lock 13 or upstairs in bridge, might be a bit big though. Any suggestions for naas or any golf clubs that host them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Planning a christening soon for around 40ish people. Any experience of places in Sallins/Naas? Christening in Sallins. Thought of lock 13 or upstairs in bridge, might be a bit big though. Any suggestions for naas or any golf clubs that host them?

GG's in Naas looks very nice

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I had both of mine in Trax. Great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Where's the costa going to be?

I'd imagine it may be contained within Meadows and Byrne.

• Advertisement

beertons wrote: »
    I had both of mine in Trax. Great spot.

Hmm didn't think of there, will stick that on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

We used Lawlors a few weeks ago and it worked very well. We had our own room, but there were only 20 or so of us. I'm not sure if they have a bigger room or suitable space? Downstairs?

Trax would be good, plenty of space.

A friend used Bouchon last year and had a ball, - they normally don't open till 6 but for a group I think they open. Might be worth a call.

GG's isn't great I don't think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Anyone know if they're ever going to do anything with the half finished shopping centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Anyone know if they're ever going to do anything with the half finished shopping centre?

They have to finish the Arbitration first - see here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96381626&postcount=12

According to Durkan on his facebook page last February

"A breakthrough at last regarding the stalled development at the town centre, Naas. The Arbitration Service, following my representations have confirmed that the arbitration process is moving forward – the first stage has now concluded with the second now underway. A welcome relief for both the people and traders of Naas."

brian_t wrote: »
    They have to finish the Arbitration first - see here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96381626&postcount=12

According to Durkan on his facebook page last February

"A breakthrough at last regarding the stalled development at the town centre, Naas. The Arbitration Service, following my representations have confirmed that the arbitration process is moving forward – the first stage has now concluded with the second now underway. A welcome relief for both the people and traders of Naas."

I love these wishy-washy reports. He's basically saying your guess is as good as mine lads. How long does the second stage take and how many stages are there? Pulling teeth springs to mind

• Advertisement

Anyone know what are the opening times for the funfair up at the green?

Its open now. I can see it across the road :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

2 til 10pm Saturdays & Sundays; 7 to 10pm during the week. HTH. :)

The woman needs a new tyre first thing in the morning. Does Healys open at 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

The woman needs a new tyre first thing in the morning. Does Healys open at 8?

TYRE SOURCE are open early I think 8am although link says 8:30

google also has 8:30 for healy's

Hi All

Is see Meadows and Byrne and a Costa coffee are going in across from the Small Tesco

Do we know whats going into the old Superquinn?

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Hi All

Is see Meadows and Byrne and a Costa coffee are going in across from the Small Tesco

Last I heard, it was an Iceland store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Is o briens gone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Is o briens gone ?

Yep. Closed about a week or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Wouldn't exactly come as a shock as that particular O Briens was filthy but I'd imagine O Briens is suffering as a whole as lunches have moved on from sandwiches in recent years yet O Briens stood still

• Advertisement

MotorMike wrote: »
    Wouldn't exactly come as a shock as that particular O Briens was filthy but I'd imagine O Briens is suffering as a whole as lunches have moved on from sandwiches in recent years yet O Briens stood still

The McDonalds on the main street seems filthy too compared to the Monread McDonalds

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

The McDonalds on the main street seems filthy too compared to the Monread McDonalds

Never been into the Monread one, just drive through and shove the food into my mouth as I drive :pac:

Yep. Closed about a week or so ago.

shame to see any business close down to be honest. Yet another unit which will start to look rundown and shabby in the town.

In my opinion, the landlord of a unit should be obliged to keep the front of the shop clean. The units at the top of the town between One New Row and Swans on the green are atrocious, makes the place look like a complete kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Hi All

Last I heard, it was an Iceland store.
    Iceland is reported to have bought both the old Superquinn site and the old Penney's shop beside the small Tesco. As I understand it the Penney's shop is going to be the store while the old Superquinn site is going to be a distribution point This s subject to contracts being signed, as both sites are still showing as "Sale Agreed" Things could change.

As for O'Briens where will the Bagel Factory go, as it was a franchise within the unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

That new Meadows and Byrne is not for me. Very expensive for my tastes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Heard on kfm last week that the planning dept has received the additional info they had requested for the Applegreen development at the old cement factory

Also heard a Romanian family has taken up residence in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Heard on kfm last week that the planning dept has received the additional info they had requested for the Applegreen development at the old cement factory.

Can be accessed here - http://webgis.kildarecoco.ie/PlanningEnquiry

Planning number is 15500

Lovely lunch in two cooks in Sallins on Sunday, great experience and worth the money.

I see the superquinn site has a sign up " To Let"

Not sure if Iceland distribution center will be there now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

O'Briens seems to be closed for renovations rather than permanently.

I noticed the change of sign on the Superquinn site the other day - I wasn't convinced of the Iceland rumour from the start.

Advertisement