Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

Coeus wrote: »
    We have some hotel bookings for down the country next week and intend on going. At least one has our address here but I haven't received any calls or emails...yet. That said I can't imagine any hotel wanting to cancel one night given whats coming for them this winter but we'll see.

Coastal hotels and those in popular tourist destinations are booked out well into September so they’d have no problem filling that room many times over. The hotel I cancelled has a waiting list.
    Enjoy but be careful- While I don’t think it’s the right thing to do I’m not going to lecture you either as I don’t agree with the lockdown myself-Its if an outbreak occurs In the hotel when you’re down there that’s when you might feel the heat. I also wouldn’t be mentioning where you’re coming from-the pitchforks will be out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Rathkeale Boulevard really setting up on the ring road I see

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

pad199207 wrote: »
    Rathkeale Boulevard really setting up on the ring road I see

Anyone know if they are gone from the Curragh (Sunnyhill) yet? Put me off parking down there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

What are they doing with the grass in Monread park? They have a sign saying wildlife area in a few spots but have just cut the grass and left it on top. I thought they might be stripped the turf and planting wildflower meadows. Would be wonderful to see them doing that. Or maybe they are just going to let the grass grow long in parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

jaffa20 wrote: »
    What are they doing with the grass in Monread park? They have a sign saying wildlife area in a few spots but have just cut the grass and left it on top. I thought they might be stripped the turf and planting wildflower meadows. Would be wonderful to see them doing that. Or maybe they are just going to let the grass grow long in parts!

It looks terrible especially from the road

can they not just leave the grass long at certain hedges instead of leaving big open spaces looking like a field

The park is big enough

• Advertisement

Latest figures- 24- same as Dublin - so on a per population equivalent -about 6 times the rate of Dublin
    Not good.

Those thinking of travelling outside of the county- all I can say is do reconsider- all my neighbours have cancelled- it’s bloody tough, not right in my view but you do t know what next week will bring in terms of outbreaks - but it’s your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    There are some houses on a street in Graigecullen that are in Laois and in Carlow. To get to your house in Laois on the street you drive through Laois as you approach your street, then into the cul de sac where you pass about 8 houses in Carlow and the last 4 houses are back in Laois

There are a few examples of it down there
    that would be typical of carlow,my house is technically is in Laois but nearest neighbour is Carlow. Graigue got screwed in this lockdown and businesses and employment numbers will suffer as a result:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Latest figures- 24- same as Dublin - so on a per population equivalent -about 6 times the rate of Dublin
    Not good.

Those thinking of travelling outside of the county- all I can say is do reconsider- all my neighbours have cancelled- it’s bloody tough, not right in my view but you do t know what next week will bring in terms of outbreaks - but it’s your choice.

Is 24 cases from 220000 people enough for you to cancel your holidays? Especially if you've paid North of 1K and no chance of a refund?

I think not.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

my son is playing with a team in Dublin at the moment and is the only one from Kildare and cant train or play any pre season matches with them

He's gutted but we have explained the situation to him and he's ok with it

its 2 weeks and he can train here alone to keep up his fitness

I for one wouldnt feel comfortable going away at the moment and to be found out when you're away that you've come from Kildare

The pitchforks would be out in force I imagine

Is 24 cases from 220000 people enough for you to cancel your holidays? Especially if you've paid North of 1K and no chance of a refund?

I think not.

Well yes, it was - But each to their own. Besides if you booked over the last few months in Ireland without some form of come back if a lockdown was reimposed I don’t have a huge amount of sympathy for you

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm actually regretting cancelling my staycation - I'd love to know exactly how many people are breaking the lockdown; I'd say many thousands.

I was out for a cycle on Friday evening, when the wife rang. Cul camps cancelled, and she was packing the car. I got back to the house at 21:15, and was Kerry bound 15 minutes later. Staying with her mother for this week, and moving to a pre booked chalet on Saturday. Met a guy from round the corner of our house yesterday, but he was booked in to come down this week anyway. Still social distancing, wearing masks. The 5 of us in one house are all in good health, and same with the cousins, but we only meet up with them outdoors. So far, so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got out before midnight = didn't break any rules. My parents were considering it!

That virus is very intelligent
    It only got worse and infect everyone from Kildare at 12:01 Saturday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

That virus is very intelligent
    It only got worse and infect everyone from Kildare at 12:01 Saturday morning

True and it knew not to go the 15 minutes out the road to Blessington.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

True and it knew not to go the 15 minutes out the road to Blessington.

probably cant afford to live in Wicklow or Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

If I have added up right, confirmed cases in Kildare have almost doubled in 2 weeks from 1000 to 1909...

there's a lot of testing going on in Kildare at the moment so you would expect cases to be up

I imagine if they had the same level of testing in other counties how much it would be up

no chance of it going down any time soon anyway, there were 2 house parties within shooting distance from ours last night that sounded like there were gangs in the gardens

add that to people creeping out of the houses in the early hours to head off on their holiers to avoid the checkpoints, we wont get a rest bite any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I imagine if they had the same level of testing in other counties how much it would be up

I suspect if they started to test meat factories along with all the families and contacts of the workers in other counties... they would look much the same as Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

add that to people creeping out of the houses in the early hours to head off on their holiers to avoid the checkpoints, we wont get a rest bite any time soon

Why bother? Enforcement has been thin on the ground from what I've seen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

GavMan wrote: »

also is it correct to say the gardai currently cannot legally force you to turn back? They can advise and suggest but not enforce i.e. you could say "thanks for the feedback officer but you know what I already burnt a tonne of money on a foreign holiday that wasn't refunded, so I did what the government suggested and spent another chunk on a staycation (that again won't be refunded) so I'll carry on thanks"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

donfers wrote: »
    also is it correct to say the gardai currently cannot legally force you to turn back? They can advise and suggest but not enforce i.e. you could say "thanks for the feedback officer but you know what I already burnt a tonne of money on a foreign holiday that wasn't refunded, so I did what the government suggested and spent another chunk on a staycation (that again won't be refunded) so I'll carry on thanks"

They’re literally just sitting on the side of the road with their lights on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Limerick Rd closed at Town House Hotel for 2 weeks

GavMan wrote: »

exactly, but obviously felt they have a guilty conscience and the need to slip away before potentially being stopped and asked any questions

I got stopped the other day just passed the old Tesco on the Blessington Rd after the post office. Checkpoint up and asked where I was going. Said Punchestown and was told "ok"

If they really want to have some sort of impression they are stopping people moving across county borders then go further out the road, where they were was completely pointless imo

I came back an hour later and they were gone

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

You only need to look at the car park of Kildare Village to see there are many visitors to Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

eusap wrote: »
    You only need to look at the car park of Kildare Village to see there are many visitors to Kildare

Check point at the bridge going to Kildare village on Sunday. They obviously got the message on that

its impossible to tell where anyone is coming from their reg plate

I was stopped I can only imagine as I dont have a KE plate as the garda was waving on KE plates in front of me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

considering that on a normal sunday the car parks are full and the overflow car park at modus media is in use and yesterday the car park was substantially less than half full at 4pm, I would guess that there were very few non Kildare visitors.

But the restriction is not an absolute direction, The gardai can advise but cannot force you not to go in.

Remember there are almost 1/4milion people living in Kildare and each and every one one of them can move within the county unhindered

This Covid Police type of commenting should be banned from boards. Its petty and childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

Not sure its "Covid Police" but for me its very unfair to all businesses in Kildare incl Kildare Village that the Lockdown was put in place. In reality it has very little effect to the majority of people in there daily lives and the lack of enforcement leaves everybody confused, but to people in Business it is a harsh reality, no customers in shops, stock going out of date, costs rising and liquidation looming.

I do believe everybody has Personal Responsibility for there actions and its a decision that only they can take, and the "Covid Police" don't know whats happening in everybody's lives to judge.

I do believe everybody has Personal Responsibility for there actions and its a decision that only they can take, and the "Covid Police" don't know whats happening in everybody's lives to judge.

I have had this discussion many times with many people and the usual response is that to just look after your own family and ignore what others are doing

Thats all well & fine when the majority of us are doing that, but when you have absolute thick f$ck!ng selfish Pr!cks doing what they like, having builders in during lockdown, parties in your face, mass gatherings in their houses, its hard to now just sit back and accept another lockdown when you know you did your part, but others just couldnt give a flying $$$$

• Advertisement

Check point at the bridge going to Kildare village on Sunday. They obviously got the message on that

1 guard on checkpoint at roundabout today- took 20 mins to get past it and I wasn't even going to Kildare Outlet store. Fcing madness- he was spending at least 45 seconds with every car- a number turned away and back up the motorway- but a most cars let through- they're being fecing idiots the way they're treating us- they could easily have had 2-3 guards there keeping the queue going.

Advertisement