Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭adgib

This year or next:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

adgib wrote: »
    This year or next:)

Don't give them ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

wilser wrote: »
    Would anyone be ablr to recommend a household appliance guru? Am having trouble with an american fridge. Thanks

I could probably guess the problem and make.

Samsung? Fridge not cooling?

Look the problem up on Google, possibly there's an easy fix.

If it is Samsung, they did continue to do free repair up to a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Darc19 wrote: »
    I could probably guess the problem and make.

Samsung? Fridge not cooling?

Look the problem up on Google, possibly there's an easy fix.

If it is Samsung, they did continue to do free repair up to a couple of years ago.

No it's a whirlpool, fridge part not keeping things cold enough and food getting wet on top shelf from condensation forming.

No it's a whirlpool, fridge part not keeping things cold enough and food getting wet on top shelf from condensation forming.

Possibly the cooling fan has stopped working.

In the Samsung this was caused by an ice build up.

Larry Connell in Athy is excellent and works frequently in Naas 087 2546041

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Drains blocked? There's should be a drain inside towards a lower shelf that can easily get blocked with gunk, ice, etc.

L1011 wrote: »
    Drains blocked? There's should be a drain inside towards a lower shelf that can easily get blocked with gunk, ice, etc.

Tried that

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Wow have rents in naas jumped by 200pm this year?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

A Naas legend has passed away. Ben Dalton famous proprietor of the Gem back in the day and later bar man in Fletchers where I worked with him in the early 90s. A lovely man. R.I.P.

https://rip.ie/death-notice/ben-bernard-dalton-naas-kildare/432440

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

mewso wrote: »
    A Naas legend has passed away. Ben Dalton famous proprietor of the Gem back in the day and later bar man in Fletchers where I worked with him in the early 90s. A lovely man. R.I.P.

https://rip.ie/death-notice/ben-bernard-dalton-naas-kildare/432440

He was a lovely man. Had the amazing (to me as a child) skill of being able to hold what looked like a huge length of coins along one arm which he'd use to give you change. I used to love talking to him in Tommy's later on when the Gem had closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Anybody else having issued with their Virgin broadband today? My connection keeps dropping (and recovering) every few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

hognef wrote: »
    Anybody else having issued with their Virgin broadband today? My connection keeps dropping (and recovering) every few mins.

not noticed but I'm not doing any work from home today

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Yes mine has started acting up this evening. Im in D15.

Um I should probably add that Im obviously not in Kildare :) but I've experienced the same issue as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Yes, was the same here. Very slow the past 2/3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/574053/sallins-bypass-to-open-by-end-of-2020.html

Lets hope it happens soon. I'll need to get to Lucan/Leixlip exit each morning soon and i guess this would be best way to go via Clane and then Maynooth or Celbridge if traffic bad on M4.

jaffa20 wrote: »
    https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/574053/sallins-bypass-to-open-by-end-of-2020.html

Love how the article says the bypass is mooted the last 13 years, I'm living in Sallins 22 years and it was "starting next year" back then

Lets hope it happens soon. I'll need to get to Lucan/Leixlip exit each morning soon and i guess this would be best way to go via Clane and then Maynooth or Celbridge if traffic bad on M4.

I have been travelling in/out of Leixlip for the past 20yrs, not so much recently and I have found the route from the Kill exit off the N7 (Jct 7) to Straffan/Barberstown/Maynooth the best option

The M4 is always a bottle neck, same as the N7

If you find on google maps the M4 is heavy, there is a right turn just before Barrets, Maynooth that takes you up around and over the motorway to the other side where you can come out at Carton House

It suited me to go via Kill as I live near the ball and I can just jump onto the N7 quickly but if the Sallins bypass is easier for you then it might be just as easy

I've learned all the little rat runs over the years and there are days you will need to call on them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Love how the article says the bypass is mooted the last 13 years, I'm living in Sallins 22 years and it was "starting next year" back then

Ask anyone about the Athy bypass!

It was first proposed in 1975 and politicians have argued about it ever since.

The funny thing is the final, finally agreed plan which is now starting is very very similar to the original plan from 1975.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Sure ya can't rush these things!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I have been travelling in/out of Leixlip for the past 20yrs, not so much recently and I have found the route from the Kill exit off the N7 (Jct 7) to Straffan/Barberstown/Maynooth the best option

The M4 is always a bottle neck, same as the N7

If you find on google maps the M4 is heavy, there is a right turn just before Barrets, Maynooth that takes you up around and over the motorway to the other side where you can come out at Carton House

It suited me to go via Kill as I live near the ball and I can just jump onto the N7 quickly but if the Sallins bypass is easier for you then it might be just as easy

I've learned all the little rat runs over the years and there are days you will need to call on them

There is even another way after turning right just before the roundabout at Barrett’s: after going over the M4, instead of heading for Carton House, at that left turn once over the M4, turn right, then immediately left. Follow that road & you come out at the roundabout before the Intel roundabout, ie, the one prior going over the railway line. Only thing is that that road is narrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Anyone know what happened out the Tipper road last night?
    Apparently there was a helicopter and a load of squad cars, there’s a stone wall demolished near the big red house

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened out the Tipper road last night?
    Apparently there was a helicopter and a load of squad cars, there’s a stone wall demolished near the big red house

No idea but I heard a helicopter flying around there at about 3am last night.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Roundabout on the Ballymore Rd to Punchestown looks colourful today with alot of new visitors.

Sweet feeling Kildare an also ran in the COVID daily updates - hopefully we can hold strong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Sweet feeling Kildare an also ran in the COVID daily updates - hopefully we can hold strong

Kildare Farts and we go into lockdown

Dublin needs to be pebble dashing the toilet before it goes into lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Roundabout on the Ballymore Rd to Punchestown looks colourful today with alot of new visitors.

Yep. Rathkeale Boulevard really sprawling out now.

Kildare Farts and we go into lockdown

Dublin needs to be pebble dashing the toilet before it goes into lockdown.

And a whole prime time RTÉ programme devoted to it- lots of people crying over the airwaves because it’s precious Dublin and oh how will we manage

Suck it up, buttercups :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Nothing new here they've been there for months. Gardai not interested and seem happy enough to leave them there, an absolute disgrace.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Biggest contributor in past two weeks is a nursing home in Celbridge. At least two recent deaths too. But there was excellent contact tracing and it doesn't seem to be community transmitted.

End of Next week will hopefully see two weeks since last case in this localized outbreak.

• Advertisement

There is even another way after turning right just before the roundabout at Barrett’s: after going over the M4, instead of heading for Carton House, at that left turn once over the M4, turn right, then immediately left. Follow that road & you come out at the roundabout before the Intel roundabout, ie, the one prior going over the railway line. Only thing is that that road is narrow.

ya I know that one, does it take you past an old ruin?

Advertisement