Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    ya I know that one, does it take you past an old ruin?

That’s right Lex. Also takes You past Kilmacreddock (sp?) Stud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    ya I know that one, does it take you past an old ruin?
    That’s right Lex. Also takes You past Kilmacreddock (sp?) Stud.

Intel? :D I'm more looking to get to Lucan side of Leixlip so probably not much help. I guess via Celbridge if traffic on M4. I'll be starting very early so don't anticipate much traffic hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Any idea where to get a hi vis vest to wear out walking ?

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Ta

https://www.rsaorders.ie/orders-online/

Can get them here for free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Ta

Ted Johnsons

• Advertisement

Darc19 wrote: »
    Biggest contributor in past two weeks is a nursing home in Celbridge. At least two recent deaths too. But there was excellent contact tracing and it doesn't seem to be community transmitted.

End of Next week will hopefully see two weeks since last case in this localized outbreak.

Celbridge case figures sky high- 170+ per 100k equivalent - other parts of Kildare. 17 per 100k of population - heard there was a school outbreak that’s causing part of this- hopefully Kildare county won’t be roped in - fingers crossed

Celbridge case figures sky high- 170+ per 100k equivalent - other parts of Kildare. 17 per 100k of population - heard there was a school outbreak that’s causing part of this-.............

Scoil na Mainistreach, HSE wrote to the principal on the 17th recommending the school was to be closed after further cases identified following organised testing.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/coronavirus-ireland-school-outbreaks-kildare-18954648

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Celbridge case figures sky high- 170+ per 100k equivalent - other parts of Kildare. 17 per 100k of population - heard there was a school outbreak that’s causing part of this- hopefully Kildare county won’t be roped in - fingers crossed

Like how Naas and Newbridge roped Celbridge into the lockdown a month ago :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Nothing new here they've been there for months. Gardai not interested and seem happy enough to leave them there, an absolute disgrace.

whats disgraceful about it. i hope you are not being racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

I was passing it 20 min ago and saw one them lob a black bag of rubbish over the hedge into the field and early last Thursday morning one of the was crouched down taking a dump.

But because they are a protective species nothing can be done and then the ratepayers of Naas have to clean up the filth once they are gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

silver2020 wrote: »
    I was passing it 20 min ago and saw one them lob a black bag of rubbish over the hedge into the field and early last Thursday morning one of the was crouched down taking a dump.

But because they are a protective species nothing can be done and then the ratepayers of Naas have to clean up the filth once they are gone

Even worse... because of a motion SF brought forward in March, they are not allowed to be evicted "while the pandemic is ongoing" which means they now have a free pass for the next couple of years.

https://www.paveepoint.ie/emergency-law-protects-travellers-from-eviction/

188 cases today—-16 of those are Kildare - not the highest outside Dublin- 25 are Cork 21 Donegal 13 Galway and 7 Roscommon & Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Racist against people of the same race!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Ta

use a flashing red light front and back
    the hi res jackets don't show up well unless they have the silver reflective bands in them

a flashing red light will show up 50 feet away vs jacket less than 10 red idms good vs white as white will distract driver more

some website measured different colors and distance i think orange and white did well and red i think green and blue not so well

mloc123 wrote: »
    Even worse... because of a motion SF brought forward in March, they are not allowed to be evicted "while the pandemic is ongoing" which means they now have a free pass for the next couple of years.

https://www.paveepoint.ie/emergency-law-protects-travellers-from-eviction/

Yeah and Fine Gael made them an Ethnic Minority!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yeah and Fine Gael made them an Ethnic Minority!!

But it was Sinn Fein that insisted that everyone, no matter whether they were the scourge of society or very well off and refused to pay rent, were given a legal right to do what the like and pavee point made damn sure that their members knew this.

And such a policy for 3 months, is bearable. But sinn fein want it long term.

Hence the very costly clean-ups on the curragh and the current disgusting pile of rubbish and human excrement at that roundabout.

Since the pubs are open again here's an old naas joke.

Did you hear about the travellers that went into the Random Inn?
    They random out!

The Random Inn was a pub on that site long before the current one.
    Before my time but dad is old school naas and told me that.

But it was Sinn Fein that insisted that everyone, no matter whether they were the scourge of society or very well off and refused to pay rent, were given a legal right to do what the like and pavee point made damn sure that their members knew this.

And such a policy for 3 months, is bearable. But sinn fein want it long term.

Hence the very costly clean-ups on the curragh and the current disgusting pile of rubbish and human excrement at that roundabout.

These people don't need evicted from anything though, they're parked illegally and simply need to be moved.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

These people don't need evicted from anything though, they're parked illegally and simply need to be moved.

Unfortunately the sinn fein motion did not differentiate and no-one can be evicted or "moved on" no matter where they are.

That's why they could not be moved off the curragh and pavee point actually requested that Kildare CC provide running water, electricity and toilets to the middle of the illegal curragh encampment.

Unfortunately the sinn fein motion did not differentiate and no-one can be evicted or "moved on" no matter where they are.

That's why they could not be moved off the curragh and pavee point actually requested that Kildare CC provide running water, electricity and toilets to the middle of the illegal curragh encampment.

Do you have a link to the motion?

Strange they were able to move them on from the John Devoy Road quickly when it suited them.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Do you have a link to the motion?

Strange they were able to move them on from the John Devoy Road quickly when it suited them.

They had to be moved as they were blocking an entrance to a construction site. When the lockdown finished and the workers were returning to the site they got the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

pad199207 wrote: »
    They had to be moved as they were blocking an entrance to a construction site. When the lockdown finished and the workers were returning to the site they got the boot.

yeah, absolutely nothing to do with KCC being located there at all, I'm sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Caoimhe2010

Are there confirmed Covid cases in most of the schools? St Mary's + Gaelscoil both have a confirmed case this week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Are there confirmed Covid cases in most of the schools? St Mary's + Gaelscoil both have a confirmed case this week

Yeah I’ve heard there’s 2 cases in St Mary’s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

Anyone any idea what all the car horns are blaring for this evening? At least that's what it sounds like!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

jasonb wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what all the car horns are blaring for this evening? At least that's what it sounds like!

Charity truck run !

MotorMike wrote: »
    Charity truck run !

Jaysus they left it late in the night for a charity truck run!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

There was a lot of garda activity last night anyone know what was goin on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Anyone know what’s happening with DeBurg woods on the Sallins road, the council have been talking about opening it up for years, any progress look imminent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Anyone know what’s happening with DeBurg woods on the Sallins road, the council have been talking about opening it up for years, any progress look imminent?
    I’d love to know more about this too if anyone knows anything.

I think Kildare county council are just completely inept on issues like infrastructure.

Advertisement