Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

I doubt you'll see the woods being opened up, and I'm not sure KCC have any say in the matter anyway. Major DeBurgh's family are still in situ in the main house I believe, and they still own what hasn't yet been developed. Given the amount of property development (houses, apartments, GAA club, school, etc.) in the estate over recent years, there's sadly not much of it left!

We used to sneak in there as kids, and be chased out by the Major himself the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I found this articel on the De Burg estate

https://kildare-nationalist.ie/2020/03/31/new-gate-set-to-open-up-access-to-secret-garden-in-naas/

Seems like there has been some progress, but the land is surrounded by privately held land, the owner of which was refusing to allow access to the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Valhallapt wrote: »

https://kildare-nationalist.ie/2020/03/31/new-gate-set-to-open-up-access-to-secret-garden-in-naas/

Seems like there has been some progress, but the land is surrounded by privately held land, the owner of which was refusing to allow access to the park.

thanks for posting that. i expect the owner is looking for a decent bit of money to make it worth his while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Valhallapt wrote: »

Interesting. Hopefully will come of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Those woods would be amazing if open to the public. A woodland walk is badly needed in Naas area.

• Advertisement

Always thought Palmerstown house would be a great public park like russborough or Castletown.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Very few Naas restaurants on the revenue stay and spend app so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Very few Naas restaurants on the revenue stay and spend app so far.

Lawlor’s, The Osprey, Indie Spice, Lemongrass, Fletchers, Eddie Rockets, Kilashee, Johnstown garden centre, and all the costas so far.

https://www.ros.ie/stay-spend-web/rev/search

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

More will register. You need to spend 25 minimum which is high for a Costa; and it doesn't include booze if anyone was intending to go to Lawlors for a rebated skinful.

My regular Indian takeout order is 22.90 so I could actually get some poppadoms for negative money!

L1011 wrote: »
    More will register. You need to spend 25 minimum which is high for a Costa; and it doesn't include booze if anyone was intending to go to Lawlors for a rebated skinful.

My regular Indian takeout order is 22.90 so I could actually get some poppadoms for negative money!

Doesn't apply for takeaway food so you'd have to sit down.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Doesn't make sense. Safer and still supporting local business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Doesn't make sense. Safer and still supporting local business.

It's about helping to keep jobs. Takeaway doesn't need the same level of employee interaction.

The main aim is to fill hotel rooms in the shoulder season and get people to take breaks and spread money about.

Receipt is identical. Doesn't have a table number or any indication its takeaway.

Burger King signing up sounds like a massive waste of time; not many >25 quid eat in transactions going on there; and their receipts do make takeout clear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

L1011 wrote: »
    Receipt is identical. Doesn't have a table number or any indication its takeaway.

Burger King signing up sounds like a massive waste of time; not many >25 quid eat in transactions going on there; and their receipts do make takeout clear

have you seen the price of Burger King?

2 adults + 2 kids easily over €25

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

Any word on the town centre. Sale agreed signs up on it.

Kings barbers opposite one new row is clinging on for dear life with the construction going on around it. Will be good to see that area developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

are we seeing a bit of a boom in the town with coffee shops particularly since Dublin went to L3 with all the commuters who are now wfh coming into the town for their once or twice daily caffeine fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    are we seeing a bit of a boom in the town with coffee shops particularly since Dublin went to L3 with all the commuters who are now wfh coming into the town for their once or twice daily caffeine fix?

The queue was 10 deep at ziba this morning. Build it and they will come...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2YFer2KWXo

Anyone else ever see one of these little fellas about Naas? This was in Kerdiff this morning.

An American Mink and wild, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Naas has always had a high number of coffee shops per sq KM, not sure how they all survived pre-covid. The nice thing is the number of Independent coffee shops around the town.

• Advertisement

Any word if Starbucks is going ahead?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Anyone else ever see one of these little fellas about Naas? This was in Kerdiff this morning.

Apparently not surprising

They have made use of the canal system in Ireland which can provide all of their habitat needs. Dens are established along the water body and are lined with dry vegetation, bird feathers and fur.

http://www.conserveireland.com/mammals/americanmink.php

If its anything like the regular mink in Ireland be careful as these fcukers can be aggressive.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

If its anything like the regular mink in Ireland be careful as these fcukers can be aggressive.

I think American mink are known for their good manners and always address you as Mam or Sir. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Apparently not surprising

They have made use of the canal system in Ireland which can provide all of their habitat needs. Dens are established along the water body and are lined with dry vegetation, bird feathers and fur.

http://www.conserveireland.com/mammals/americanmink.php

I heard that Naas, Newbridge, Kildare etc... have a lot of mink due to activists releasing a load from a mink farm years ago?

mloc123 wrote: »
    I heard that Naas, Newbridge, Kildare etc... have a lot of mink due to activists releasing a load from a mink farm years ago?

I heard that too (a number of years ago) -not sure the history of American Mink in Ireland I"m afraid, or whether that story is true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I heard that too (a number of years ago) -not sure the history of American Mink in Ireland I"m afraid, or whether that story is true or not.

All mink are American in origin, all were originally released from fur farms.

Nasty little buggers, won’t hesitate to bite and are devastating to wildlife.

I’ve shot and trapped quite a few in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

I have bought a nest thermostat on sale online but not sure who to contact to install.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Great to see we are back to lighting indoor fires. Nothing nicer that having a window open and neighbours contamination from their chimney coming in. Or trying to go for a walk in this bitter air.

How fires are still allowed is beyond me.

• Advertisement

Naas has been a smokeless coal zone since 2000; but Green Party idiocy in their last term in Government encouraged use of stinking smoking wood burners all over which are a major contributor.

Add that to them incentivising diesels and they've basically been killing asthmatics.

Advertisement