Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Tomrota wrote: »
    It’s a disgrace. Imagine if I decided to pitch a tent in the middle of a publicly funded cycle track. I would be arrested within 24 hours.

24 hours - not a chance.

12 hours max.

The problem is that pavee point give their brethren every conceivable angle for how to maximise trespass and cause maximum annoyance and the gardai have too few powers against them because enda effin kenny gave them excessive rights which they abuse to the maximum

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Doug_Judy

Hi All,

We've recently bought a house in Roseville (currently being renovated) and I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the estate itself? We're not from the area but house and estate seemed lovely. Roseville seemed quiet.

We have a 3yr old and so are looking for some feedback on:

- other kids in the estate
    - safety of estate/area (i.e. any anti social behaviour)
    - is there broadband in the area?
    - its OFCH with a back boiler but I'm only used to GFCH so anything I should be worried about?
    - anything else of note

Please note with COVID, we have only viewed the house for 15mins and went with our gut. Very hard to do, but this is the new world of viewing houses. We still lost out unfortunately.

So any information would be most helpful.

Cheers,
    DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

ncoen wrote: »
    Off the current topic of this thread, but can you anyone recommend a good montessori to send our 2 yr old (will be 3yrs by Sept '21)? We will be living in Monread triangle and we know of Mill Lane and Tir na Nog so far.

Thanks

Punchestown Montessori is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Off the current topic of this thread, but can you anyone recommend a good montessori to send our 2 yr old (will be 3yrs by Sept '21)? We will be living in Monread triangle and we know of Mill Lane and Tir na Nog so far.

Thanks

my eldest went to Tir na Nog but that was 18yrs ago, but they were great

Doug_Judy wrote: »
    Hi All,

We've recently bought a house in Roseville (currently being renovated) and I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the estate itself? We're not from the area but house and estate seemed lovely. Roseville seemed quiet.

We have a 3yr old and so are looking for some feedback on:

- other kids in the estate
    - safety of estate/area (i.e. any anti social behaviour)
    - is there broadband in the area?
    - its OFCH with a back boiler but I'm only used to GFCH so anything I should be worried about?
    - anything else of note

Please note with COVID, we have only viewed the house for 15mins and went with our gut. Very hard to do, but this is the new world of viewing houses. We still lost out unfortunately.

So any information would be most helpful.

Cheers,
    DJ
    Welcome to Naas. Cant comment about Roseville but dont live too far away in Gleann na Riogh.

Walked through the place a few times and seems quiet enough

we have OFCH and have no issues. Like any heating system it needs maintenance and we use a really good guy for years if you need someone to do it for you.

Naas is pretty much well serviced for broadband and would think there is fibre in your estate. We have Virgin and apart from the odd hiccup, its grand

When you say you lost out, did you get stung or find issues after buying?

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Welcome to Naas. Cant comment about Roseville but dont live too far away in Gleann na Riogh.

Walked through the place a few times and seems quiet enough

we have OFCH and have no issues. Like any heating system it needs maintenance and we use a really good guy for years if you need someone to do it for you.

Naas is pretty much well serviced for broadband and would think there is fibre in your estate. We have Virgin and apart from the odd hiccup, its grand

When you say you lost out, did you get stung or find issues after buying?

Sorry when I say lost out I just meant only getting 15mins to view the property we felt like we lost out as we didnt get a 2nd viewing.

Gleann Na Riogh is just across the road as far as I can remember. Are there many kids in the area? Would like our daughter to find some kids to play with?

So no anti-social behaviour in the area??

Also, thanks for replying Lex.

Thanks

I've heard good things about both. Tir na Nog might be closer to Monread Triangle, but we know people in Mill Lane and they say fantastic things about there. We have the same dilemma coming up - which montesorri? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭pale rider

Sorry when I say lost out I just meant only getting 15mins to view the property we felt like we lost out as we didnt get a 2nd viewing.

Gleann Na Riogh is just across the road as far as I can remember. Are there many kids in the area? Would like our daughter to find some kids to play with

So no anti-social behaviour in the area??

Also, thanks for replying Lex.

Buying a house with a 15 minute viewing is something I have done, don’t feel you missed out, if it feels right it generally is.

I’ve lived in Naas 30 years, Roseville is a settled mature estate, I know at least ten that live there as long as I’m in Naas, whilst I don’t live there I know many people that do, not sure you will find lots and lots of small people running about.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Roseville is a nice estate, been trying to convince my parents to move there for 20 years. Tir na Nog gets a vote for me too. My kids loved it.

the only issue I wpuld have with Roseville is if you are located at the back of the estate away from the main road down by the alley way onto Monread Ave

Possibilty of teens hanging out there but they are more around the chipper area I would imagine and the park

• Advertisement

Gleann Na Riogh is just across the road as far as I can remember. Are there many kids in the area? Would like our daughter to find some kids to play with?

So no anti-social behaviour in the

Gleann na Riogh is out the front of Roseville, turn left and left at lights down Maudlins Ave and the first & 2nd rights before you hit the Monread Community Centre

Not sure what the young population is like in Roseville but I can tell you its fairly well stocked with "smallies" in Gleann na Riogh particicularly around the green area. I suppose when your daughter starts school and joins a few clubs when they allow us to open back up she'll start to find lots of friends

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Thanks

If you are looking for the Montessori ethos, with teachers qualified to teach the Montessori curriculum, I highly recommend The Children's House in Sallins. My own children, and that of many friends and relatives have absolutely loved it there. I've heard good things about many other playschools so only highlight this as your post asked specifically about a Montessori.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

If you are looking for the Montessori ethos, with teachers qualified to teach the Montessori curriculum, I highly recommend The Children's House in Sallins. My own children, and that of many friends and relatives have absolutely loved it there. I've heard good things about many other playschools so only highlight this as your post asked specifically about a Montessori.

Agree with this

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone know if Woodie's are open?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

Yes, they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Yes but not the Garden Center part which is also closed in B&Q

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Poplar Sq getting rearranged from tonight. Really 50:50 about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

pad199207 wrote: »
    Poplar Sq getting rearranged from tonight. Really 50:50 about it.

What’s being done? Didn’t hear anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

IrishZeus wrote: »

Getting rid of all the parking spaces and disabled spaces to put in seating areas, planters, plaza etc.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

IrishZeus wrote: »

Only broke an hour or so ago on Naas Ball fb page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

if its the same as they done in Kildare town it will be good, every time i pass the one in Kildare there are always people meeting for Coffee and a chat

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

I heard that the poplar square plaza was part of the Dublin road plan. Are they doing the Dublin road as well and putting in cycling lanes, bus lanes, etc.?

back in 2008 you couldnt get a penny for a capital spend, especially infrastructure

the current situation is ten times worse with COVID and they are ploughing ahead with N7 upgrades, town plazas, etc

where's all the dosh coming from?

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    back in 2008 you couldnt get a penny for a capital spend, especially infrastructure

the current situation is ten times worse with COVID and they are ploughing ahead with N7 upgrades, town plazas, etc

where's all the dosh coming from?
    Think the funding for this town plaza was provided in 2016 but they decided to wait until the M7 was extended to begin (I don’t know why).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Is this the beginning of pedestrianising the main street?

I wouldn't imagine so as the main street isn't going to be bypassed anytime soon and the private car is going nowhere for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Is this the beginning of pedestrianising the main street?

I think it would be good if the removed a lot on the on street parking and widened the footpaths

Valhallapt wrote: »
    I think it would be good if the removed a lot on the on street parking and widened the footpaths

Yep would look much better if the took the away cars parking on main street and build bigger footpaths, cycle paths and seating areas.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yep would look much better if the took the away cars parking on main street and build bigger footpaths, cycle paths and seating areas.

That would look amazing but it’s never gonna happen with the abysmal public transport in the area/this country.

• Advertisement

Tomrota wrote: »
    That would look amazing but it’s never gonna happen with the abysmal public transport in the area/this country.

What's public transport got to do with it?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement