Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Would be unlikely that you'd get planning for a distribution centre in the middle of a town. The site would be considered too important as a retail unit.

The unit seems a bit bigger than your average Iceland site. Stranger things have happened though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Would be unlikely that you'd get planning for a distribution centre in the middle of a town. The site would be considered too important as a retail unit.

The unit seems a bit bigger than your average Iceland site. Stranger things have happened though.

Dead right. Not a hope. They're pretty much stuck with the building of that size. All the boundary walls can't be touched. The council have been dismissing planning permission there for over 30 years, and they're not going to chance their stance any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

beertons wrote: »
    Dead right. Not a hope. They're pretty much stuck with the building of that size. All the boundary walls can't be touched. The council have been dismissing planning permission there for over 30 years, and they're not going to chance their stance any time soon.

Maybe a meadows and Byrnes 2??? :)

Penneys really would have been a great store there. Would have brought great footfall into the town as it's such a good draw. A budget store similar to heatons would suit imo

Maybe a meadows and Byrnes 2??? :)

I'd do anything for Shaws to take it. A little of something for everyone, and more affordable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Any update on the Shopping Center on the main street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

The last I heard about this is a decision was to be made at Kildare County Council as to whether to complete it or remove it. This decision was to be made last January according to the then mayor now TD James Lawless.

It looks like today we are none the wiser.

rondeco wrote: »
    That new Meadows and Byrne is not for me. Very expensive for my tastes

Had a peek in there this morning. Could have spent a fortune, on quirky kitchen instruments. Very much like Avocca, just on a much smaller scale. Pity about Costa though, it's a terrible coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Had a peek in there this morning. Could have spent a fortune, on quirky kitchen instruments. Very much like Avocca, just on a much smaller scale. Pity about Costa though, it's a terrible coffee.

Its terribly overpriced though

Its terribly overpriced though

So is Avocca but they still do the business.

• Advertisement

You can't compare it to Avoca really. Accessibility, variety and people who go to Avoca just for food is something that M&B can't compare with.

I remember before M&S, there was another overpriced store selling furniture in the same location and that didn't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Never could work out why !

You can't compare it to Avoca really. Accessibility, variety and people who go to Avoca just for food is something that M&B can't compare with.

I remember before M&S, there was another overpriced store selling furniture in the same location and that didn't last long.

Jondol was the furniture shop.

It is a bit like it, just on a much smaller scale. And apart from the food, I only look at the utensils anyway. For convenience, I'll probably go there for a few bits, rather than Rathcoole. Stick a Euro in the meter in Tesco and fly over. Overall, I'd have spent more money in m&s, than I ever will in m&b. My missus will go bananas when she see's all the cushions. Don't ask me.

Never could work out why !

It's all about the morketing goys.

Avoca have the name to attract all the big spenders, as do meadows and Byrnes. It should do just fine in Naas

It's all about the morketing goys.

Avoca have the name to attract all the big spenders, as do meadows and Byrnes. It should do just fine in Naas

IS it only Street parking?

Polo_Mint wrote: »

Yep.

Fair point. Car park behind them thiugh

• Registered Users Posts: 37 binnox

Anyone know of of a dog sitter in or around Naas. I am not looking for a kennel but someone who will mind a dog in their house. I got let down by someone and need someone from Friday to Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

binnox wrote: »
    Anyone know of of a dog sitter in or around Naas. I am not looking for a kennel but someone who will mind a dog in their house. I got let down by someone and need someone from Friday to Monday.

Try Hairy Legs dog services based in Allenwood think they have a Facebook page with contact details on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Anyone have any idea about what's happening behind the cold storage facility on the Maudlins Avenue?

Trees have been cleared and diggers in

• Advertisement

Kildare County Council last night approved an application from Applegreen and associates to develop the old concrete pipes site at the entrance to Naas to become a new service station, training centre, office space and HQ. This site had become derelict in recent times and was a black spot at the entrance to our county town. I repeatedly called for action at this site when on the council and I supported this application when it was lodged. The new facility is expected to produce up to 400 new jobs and is very welcome for the town and area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Kildare County Council last night approved an application from Applegreen and associates to develop the old concrete pipes site at the entrance to Naas to become a new service station, training centre, office space and HQ. This site had become derelict in recent times and was a black spot at the entrance to our county town. I repeatedly called for action at this site when on the council and I supported this application when it was lodged. The new facility is expected to produce up to 400 new jobs and is very welcome for the town and area.

Good News!

Did you copy and paste or were you on the council?

Good News!

Did you copy and paste or were you on the council?

https://www.facebook.com/JamesLawlessFF/?fref=nf

Was reading that myself, and thought, wow you kept that quiet.

How long do you think it will take to completion? 3 years or so?

How long do you think it will take to completion? 3 years or so?

I would think 2 or less

Sure Wasnt Kerrygroup built in 3 years and Thats massive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭granturismo

I would think 2 or less

Sure Wasnt Kerrygroup built in 3 years and Thats massive?

Kerry was a greenfield site, there will be a lot of site clearance, demolition and possible ground decontamination required for applegreen.

Kerry was a greenfield site, there will be a lot of site clearance, demolition and possible ground decontamination required for applegreen.

True.

plus they have to get rid of the squatters first

• Advertisement

plus they have to get rid of the squatters first

Is there Squatters living there?

Advertisement