Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

ncoen wrote: »
    Ok its official, contracts are signed and we are moving to Naas and we cannot wait. Reading the posts above make us realise how much investment there is in Naas (Naas shopping centre, Poplar Sq, Kerdiffstown Park, Canal Greenway and much more)

And with the increased population due to the new housing estates, and the fact that most people will wfh going forward, I would hope to see more cafes, bars, restaurants opening up in the town. So exciting times ahead!

Now that I know we will be moving in 2 weeks time... eek... I need to source a moving van. Can anyone recommend a van and a man, preferably 2 men, to help with the move?? We have a good bit of furniture so would need to be a large van (i.e. bed, kitchen table, 2 sofas, desk etc).

Thx ;-)

GoCar.ie have a transit van parked outside b&q, €13 an hour, great value, but you have to do your own lifting!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Got below email - not suit me may suit someone - Black Friday Offer: Join for 1 Euro and work out for free until 2021

https://secure12.clubwise.com/Naas/pos.asp

Hi,

I wanted you to be among the first to know about our best ever Black Friday deal.

Join online as a monthly paying member any time between now and the end of Cyber Monday and you'll get full access to all of our live and recorded online classes and to the clubs when they re-open on Dec 1st, all for 1 Euro join fee and no membership fees until January 2021.

Yep, you read that right, join online now for 1 Euro and pay nothing until 2021!

And it's not just about saving money.
    When you become part of our Gym Plus fitness family, you'll get all the support you need to become healthier and happier.
    You can book straight into a virtual one-to-one session with a trainer who can help you get started, using nothing more than what you have available in your own home.
    When you come into the club, our friendly team is on hand to make sure you feel welcome and get you completely comfortable with using our lovely facilities.
    And we're proud to say we have one of the nicest and most diverse groups of members anywhere in Ireland, so you're sure to feel right at home really quickly.

You can also take a virtual club tour where you can explore the club at your leisure from the snug warmth of your favourite chair. But don't feel you have to make the decision alone.

If you'd like to talk through what joining might mean for you, we're on hand to take your call or answer your email, please don't hesitate to get in touch, we'll be so happy to help.

Kind regards,

*Terms and conditions apply: applies to monthly DD memberships only.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

you2008 wrote: »
    Got below email - not suit me may suit someone - Black Friday Offer: Join for 1 Euro and work out for free until 2021

https://secure12.clubwise.com/Naas/pos.asp

[.[/I]

tks for sharing. though it does look like you need to sign up for minimum of 6 months, and prices start at 49euros after you get December for 1euro.

anyone know when this new exit from millenium park, and Sallins onto the N7 is going to open?

though people are saying its not going to make much difference to traffic and wont be used much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

though people are saying its not going to make much difference to traffic and wont be used much.

Never heard that.

Choice of fairly free flow journey or stop start on Monread road?

The amount of mis information and rubbish about this is amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

anyone know when this new exit from millenium park, and Sallins onto the N7 is going to open?

Will take a lot of traffic off the monread road and make sallins a habitable place again.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭pale rider

Vodafone broadband not working in Naas, anybody else impacted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

pale rider wrote: »

National issue

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

pale rider wrote: »

Yeah, if you manually put in the DNS it resolves it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

The GDA transport strategy is being devised by the NTA and I recommend everyone living in the Naas-Area posts a submission here: https://www.research.net/r/NTATransportStrategyIssuesPaper

As Naas is rapidly developing, transport infrastructure has been virtually unchanged in the past two decades (minus the Phoenix park tunnel service on the commuter train service and the 139)

We need more local bus services connecting communities. We need buses that are connected into the single fare system, the likes of which are found in county Wicklow in Blessington, Bray and Greystones, or even Maynooth.

We need more frequent bus services. The 139 is infrequent and expensive. The 126 is unsuitable for local travel and overpriced. We are not included in BusConnects plans. We are not included in DART expansion programme, which Maynooth and Celbridge are. We are not included in the standard bus fare, or the bus fare capping. Also, you cannot make connections on buses in Naas without financial penalty. What public transport infrastructure projects are we included in over the next decade? I can’t think of any.

I encourage everyone to have their say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Anyone have experience using or giving the Naas Gift Card? Do many businesses in Naas honour them?

Seems to have relaunched a couple of times. No Facebook page anymore. I can only look on the me2you website for shops in Kildare not specifically Naas and I wouldn’t be overly familiar with what ones are in Naas.

I wanted to try and get some gifts for Christmas to keep the money in the locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

ncoen wrote: »
    Ok its official, contracts are signed and we are moving to Naas and we cannot wait. Reading the posts above make us realise how much investment there is in Naas (Naas shopping centre, Poplar Sq, Kerdiffstown Park, Canal Greenway and much more)

And with the increased population due to the new housing estates, and the fact that most people will wfh going forward, I would hope to see more cafes, bars, restaurants opening up in the town. So exciting times ahead!

Now that I know we will be moving in 2 weeks time... eek... I need to source a moving van. Can anyone recommend a van and a man, preferably 2 men, to help with the move?? We have a good bit of furniture so would need to be a large van (i.e. bed, kitchen table, 2 sofas, desk etc).

Thx ;-)

Good choice. Yeah Naas seems to be leading the way at the moment with development and infrastructure in Kildare. It’s population alone in the last 5 years or so has increased substantially. The new Naas Shopping Centre will really add to the choice in the town centre in itself. Still the donut effect will continue I’d imagine with shopping centres outside the town centre. The Naas/Sallins Area is more of a large suburb now then a town.

Exciting times ahead for the area I’d say :)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Anyone know when the new road from Sallins around to the motorway / applegreen is opening?

Darc19 wrote: »
    Never heard that.

Choice of fairly free flow journey or stop start on Monread road?

The amount of mis information and rubbish about this is amazing

im not sure its going to take traffic off the monread road. if im going from sallins to dublin, im not going to double back for ages by getting on a more southern part of the N7. It would be alot quicker, closer to the way the crow flies to hit the monread road at the sallins/millenium park roundabout and enter the N7 further up north.

im not sure its going to take traffic off the monread road. if im going from sallins to dublin, im not going to double back for ages by getting on a more southern part of the N7. It would be alot quicker, closer to the way the crow flies to hit the monread road at the sallins/millenium park roundabout and enter the N7 further up north.

You obviously don’t travel that route very often then do you?

Born to open second store soon at old Penney’s Site

https://www.facebook.com/445456162136874/posts/4116966901652430/?d=n

It certainly will take the pressure off Monread Rd especially Millennium Roundabout and I’d imagine the majority of Sallins residents will use the new Millennium Interchange.

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    You obviously don’t travel that route very often then do you?

twice a day weekdays. maybe more on weekends.

its an absolute massive detour to new m7 entrance at millenium park. guarantee no-one in sallins will use it. maybe if coming from clane and you can bypass the whole of sallins, might work then when traffic is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

pad199207 wrote: »
    It certainly will take the pressure off Monread Rd especially Millennium Roundabout and I’d imagine the majority of Sallins residents will use the new Millennium Interchange.

I live in Sallins, anyone travelling from Clane or the Clane side of Sallins and travelling to the north of Naas and Dublin will not take this interchange, they will continue to take the Bodenstown Road, the canal road to Johnstown garden centre or the Monread road. I'll continue to use the Sallins road and Monread road for the north end of Naas.

The new interchange will be a benefit for me heading to the south end of Naas or Waterford /Limerick routes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I live in Sallins, anyone travelling from Clane or the Clane side of Sallins and travelling to the north of Naas and Dublin will not take this interchange, they will continue to take the Bodenstown Road, the canal road to Johnstown garden centre or the Monread road. I'll continue to use the Sallins road and Monread road for the north end of Naas.

The new interchange will be a benefit for me heading to the south end of Naas or Waterford /Limerick routes.

seems pointless then if this is the sentiment as the majority of the traffic will be going to/from Dublin

its an absolute massive detour to new m7 entrance at millenium park. guarantee no-one in sallins will use it. maybe if coming from clane and you can bypass the whole of sallins, might work then when traffic is bad.

Surely to god the Lidl end of the village would use it no?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ArtfulPodger

Absolutely will use it going North or South on the N7!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

I'm living that end of the village and It's a no from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    seems pointless then if this is the sentiment as the majority of the traffic will be going to/from Dublin

One anonymous person and you take it as "everyone"

I'll give a challenge when it opens

You take Johnstown, Naas golf club, canal route

Get someone else go Monread road,

I'll go 9a.

I suspect that I'll get to Sallins or Clane quicker every time.

Free flow steady speed with no congestion points or narrow one car only bridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Tom_Walsh

Anyone have a map / image of the proposed bypass road?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Tom_Walsh

Also - TK Max be another good Anchor tenant in the shopping centre!

Tom_Walsh wrote: »
    Also - TK Max be another good Anchor tenant in the shopping centre!

I would have thought that unlikely with the one just over the road in shelbyville.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Hi folks, does anyone have a recommendation for a plumber? Looking to get a load of new radiators and potentially move our boiler do up the downstairs loo!

I don't have any contacts really in Naas so was hoping someone might have a recommendation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    I would have thought that unlikely with the one just over the road in shelbyville.

I thought Naas was Shelbyville... :confused:

Advertisement